Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatthefuckisgoingon?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 257 Guests

Whatthefuckisgoingon?

This thread currently has 17,856 views. Print
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
We appear to have a decent squad, six weeks ago, we appeared to have a bit of a clue but now, we look like a bunch of strangers who don’t know what the hell to do. Summed for me when Akheem Rose had a clear run on goal and didn’t seem to know what he was supposed to do next.

Manager has a lot to explain because on this evidence we’ll be in our usual looking behind us mode again soon.
Private Message
LH
November 9, 2019, 5:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
I’ll give Rose the benefit of the doubt and put the missed chance down to not knowing if he was offside or not but agree that was poor.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 121
grimsby pete
November 9, 2019, 5:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from LH
I’ll give Rose the benefit of the doubt and put the missed chance down to not knowing if he was offside or not but agree that was poor.

A good striker puts the ball in the back of the net and lets the ref decide if he was offside or not.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 121
Hagrid
November 9, 2019, 6:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
It was a half arsed effort from him
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 121
LH
November 9, 2019, 6:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from grimsby pete

A good striker puts the ball in the back of the net and lets the ref decide if he was offside or not.

And I said the same thing at the time but understand why he delayed the quarter of a second which allowed the chance to pass by.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 121
Heisenberg
November 9, 2019, 6:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We appear to have a decent squad, six weeks ago, we appeared to have a bit of a clue but now, we look like a bunch of strangers who don’t know what the hell to do. Summed for me when Akheem Rose had a clear run on goal and didn’t seem to know what he was supposed to do next.

Manager has a lot to explain because on this evidence we’ll be in our usual looking behind us mode again soon.

“soon” = NOW for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 121
Poojah
November 9, 2019, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,426
Gold Stars: 1,499
We just happen to be in the bad patch stage of the good patch / bad patch cycle we’ve been on since Jolley arrived.

In my opinion, it’s not that he lacks tactical ability (he can come up with a good game plan), it’s that he lacks tactical agility. As soon as other sides work out a way to play against us, we’re screwed as it takes six or seven games to find a solution and so the cycle repeats.

I don’t necessarily disagree with the way he set up the squad this year, but the reality is that we’re generally not that pretty when we win; we’re Jackie Stallone-level ugly when we lose and that doesn’t do much in terms endearment from the fans.

He’s learning and that’s fine, but he needs to learn fast if he’s going to build a meaningful, long-term career in the game.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 121
chaos33
November 9, 2019, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
There haven’t been any any tactics or strategy visible for months. What’s the point of having a manager if all we are gonna do is aimlessly, hopefully punt it forward? I think the least we can expect is a visible method of play. Even if we get beat. Where is it? It’s absolutely cr@p.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 121
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 6:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Poojah
We just happen to be in the bad patch stage of the good patch / bad patch cycle we’ve been on since Jolley arrived.

In my opinion, it’s not that he lacks tactical ability (he can come up with a good game plan), it’s that he lacks tactical agility. As soon as other sides work out a way to play against us, we’re screwed as it takes six or seven games to find a solution and so the cycle repeats.

I don’t necessarily disagree with the way he set up the squad this year, but the reality is that we’re generally not that pretty when we win; we’re Jackie Stallone-level ugly when we use and that doesn’t do much in terms endearment from the fans.

He’s learning and that’s fine, but he needs to learn fast if he’s going to build a meaningful, long-term career in the game.

I think he’s turning into Hurst Mark 2. Stubborn and spends too much time planning for what the opposition can do to us rather than what we can do to them.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 121
chaos33
November 9, 2019, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
He’s had plenty of time. These are his players. We are making no progress whatsoever and the stats underline that point. A manager has to produce. They need a fair portion of time of course but he’s had that. For me , his time is all but up. It’s not good enough.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 121
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatthefuckisgoingon?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.