Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatthefuckisgoingon?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 214 Guests

Whatthefuckisgoingon?

This thread currently has 17,860 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
November 9, 2019, 6:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
##Disckaimer##...this is second hand information##..
Got told today Jolley applied for the Lincoln job and wasn't successful and seems to coincide with our dip in performance and results...so don't shoot the messenger, it could be boll0x..I don't know...
Anyway, again I fall out with a fellow supporter, while I'm berating the sh!the I witnessed today I was told "if you don't like it, f@ck off home"..well, many more performances like that and believe, my season ticket will be under the dodgy leg of the dining table and I'll be on the golf course on a Saturday until Jolley is gone...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 121
Heisenberg
November 9, 2019, 6:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,032
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from chaos33
He’s had plenty of time. These are his players. We are making no progress whatsoever and the stats underline that point. A manager has to produce. They need a fair portion of time of course but he’s had that. For me , his time is all but up. It’s not good enough.

You’ve summed up my thoughts exactly. I think the vast majority of us are thoroughly sick of it too.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 121
OllieGTFC
November 9, 2019, 6:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Sounds like you lot want Jolley the sack, move in Paul Tisdale ?

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 121
Stadium
November 9, 2019, 7:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Got told today Jolley applied for the Lincoln job and wasn't successful and seems to coincide with our dip in performance and results...so don't shoot the messenger, it could be boll0x..I don't know...
Anyway, again I fall out with a fellow supporter, while I'm berating the sh!the I witnessed today I was told "if you don't like it, f@ck off home"..well, many more performances like that and believe, my season ticket will be under the dodgy leg of the dining table and I'll be on the golf course on a Saturday until Jolley is gone...

Dear me,have you been drinking heavily or just took a draw very badly?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 121
denni266
November 9, 2019, 7:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Been saying for over a season that Jolley is no manager.. He does not have a clue how to manage. He is a coach not a manager. He has learned nothing in two years . There has been no real improvement in play or win percentage. The heat is now starting to build , lets see how his fine words start to alter now things are getting warm.. He has got some reasonable players but does not know what to do with them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 121
mimma
November 9, 2019, 7:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Once a manager alienates the fans he's on borrowed time. By the way he sets us up to play and the negative way we play, he's in danger of losing the fans. He has to drastically change it and bloody quick or he will be gone, victim of his own downfall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 121
Gaffer58
November 9, 2019, 7:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Are training sessions open to the public, because if they are it would be interesting to see what happens on the training pitch, I cannot believe they train to just boot it to Hanson and hope. Probably they should just play 11 versus 11 and learn to play the ball on the deck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 121
mariner91
November 9, 2019, 7:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,597
Gold Stars: 260
Jolley has had 18 months now. Admittedly he took over a very poor squad but he’s had 3 transfer windows to correct that. We’re actually worse now than we were at the end of the 2017/18 season when we played really well against FGR and County.

For a man who’s supposedly very intelligent it takes him forever to learn lessons. And for once I disagree with Poojah, I think Jolley lacks tactical nous and tactical intelligence. Far more often than not he gets the tactics/formation/line-up or a combination of the three completely wrong. He rarely, if ever, changes things during a game for the better. And I haven’t very often seen much of a game plan at the start of the game either. Anyone can set a team up to stick eleven men behind the ball at home to a team who are also on a poor run of form and frankly it’s almost sackable in itself if that’s the sum of his managerial ambition against a side like Newport County ffs. At least have a go at them!

The only two times I can really think of him getting it spot on was away at Palace and away at Exeter. That’s two times in 18 months, it’s nowhere near enough. You can get away with not being a tactical genius if you set your team up with a clear and consistent game plan which they can execute relatively well and have a back up plan when things aren’t going well. But he doesn’t do that euther. Frankly, I think his time is all but up and expect him to be gone hopefully before the January transfer window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 121
lew chaterleys lover
November 9, 2019, 7:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Whether that is true or not something has gone on - I can feel it in my water.

All of a sudden tetchiness creeps in from the manager, players don't seem to be convinced by tactics or lack thereof, and the cycle of optimism followed by despair starts all over again.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 121
marinerdazza
November 9, 2019, 7:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,841
Gold Stars: 82
“Jackie Stallone ugly”

First laugh of the day,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 121
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatthefuckisgoingon?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.