Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VAR (sorry!)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 160 Guests

VAR (sorry!)

This thread currently has 11,372 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
August 11, 2019, 9:16am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,297
Gold Stars: 134
Just switched MOTD on and I'm already fed up of fuffing VAR and I've not even finished watching the first match highlights.  It's redicilous! This may be the point now where I stop watching the premiership / MOTD full stop.
Must be horrible in the stand having to wait after the balls hit the net to celebrate or to see a goal, see the lineo has their flag down so you celebrate, your opponents take the ball to the half way line for them to decide actually it was offside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rick12
August 11, 2019, 9:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I love VAR though and think it makes the game far fairer.Think of the decisions throughout football that were wrong ones and changed the course of things.Hence Frank Lampards goal that should of stood against Germany in the 2010 world cup or Spain's goal in the quarter final of  the 2002 world cup against South Korea which should of stood .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 94
crusty ole pie
August 11, 2019, 9:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Sat watching mod and am hating var destroying the game, it’s getting to the point when you can’t cheer a goal until the screen tells you so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 94
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 11, 2019, 9:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rick12
I love VAR though and think it makes the game far fairer.Think of the decisions throughout football that were wrong ones and changed the course of things.Hence Frank Lampards goal that should of stood against Germany in the 2010 world cup or Spain's goal in the quarter final of  the 2002 world cup against South Korea which should of stood .

Why should they "of" stood? VAR did not exist, the officials did what they could with instant decision making. Football is a human activity not a computer game. I turned the bloody thing off last night, sick of seeing and hearing about VAR. It will kill the game as we know it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 94
Rodley Mariner
August 11, 2019, 9:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I've just watched the West Ham vs Man City game highlights. Crazy when goals are being ruled out literally on a toe being in front of the defender. Hardly clear and obvious but Pandora's box is open now. At least think the offside rule needs reviewing. Back to daylight between defender and attacker to be offside?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 94
ska face
August 11, 2019, 9:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,523
Gold Stars: 831
Anyone who thinks VAR (not goalline technology) is a good idea in its current format might as well fook off & play tiddlywinks and let the rest of us get on with enjoying some common sense.

The offside rule is designed to stop players getting an unfair advantage - can anyone tell us what advantage players are gaining from having a part of their shoulder millimetres in front of the defender’s shoulder when moving in opposite directions?

The millions of pounds paid to pundits and not one of them has offered any insight beyond “well there’s a lot at stake nowadays”...yeah, like what? Prem teams are handed hundreds of millions of pounds a year and don’t even pay their staff a living wage, so what’s really at stake is an extra ten, fifty, hundred grand for some whopper to be sat on the bench.

The Premier League has absolutely killed football at that level with their insatiable greed, it’s disgusting. The problem is the sycophants & enablers they allow it to happen.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 94
Marinerz93
August 11, 2019, 10:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
VAR should be used to highlight cheating and when players try and con the ref, ie diving to get penalties or off the ball incidents.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 94
Rodley Mariner
August 11, 2019, 10:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I agree with Ska but we're copulated. Now it's in it won't be going anywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 94
Rik e B
August 11, 2019, 10:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'm all for VAR, obviously there going to be teething problems at first. It's the actual rule for offside that is wrong, VAR just following the (terrible) letter of the law in that instance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 94
lukeo
August 11, 2019, 10:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,297
Gold Stars: 134
I have admit goal line technology is obviously a good thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 94
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VAR (sorry!)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.