Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet.!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 98 Guests

Has he gone yet.!!

This thread currently has 17,989 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
June 27, 2019, 10:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Has Fenty left the club yet, we need to get him out asap.
As soon as he has gone the club will rise from its 15 years of abject inept management.
Cue the Fenty red cross morons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
June 27, 2019, 10:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Provocative little tinker you are Yoda  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 106
promotion plaice
June 27, 2019, 11:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,080
Gold Stars: 200

Wind-up-merchant you are Yoda......trouble is I actually agree with you on this occasion.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 106
Grimsby2012
June 28, 2019, 2:58am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
I agree. If you don't want to see how many X you get or have, just edit the Google Chrome code so it doesn't show it. Been doing it for years  

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 106
Gaffer58
June 28, 2019, 3:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Not decrying Mr Fenty as he was in a position to actually put his hand in his pocket to "save" the club, but when it comes to looking for a buyer is he trying to ensure he gets his money back, as the major shareholder surely he must take the rough with the smooth ( loss against profit).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
June 28, 2019, 4:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Gaffer58
Not decrying Mr Fenty as he was in a position to actually put his hand in his pocket to "save" the club, but when it comes to looking for a buyer is he trying to ensure he gets his money back, as the major shareholder surely he must take the rough with the smooth ( loss against profit).

Not having a go but why would he not try to get his money he put in back, that would only be natural surely?

As far as I am aware he never professed to "gifting" the club the money. As has been shown in the accounts in the last couple of years he has recouped a small amount, reducing the amount owed to him so obviously in the long term regardless of if this take over happens he is going to eventually recoup his money.

Not sure why people think he would just walk away without at least getting his money he has invested back, regardless of achievements or lack of it just is not the way it works with football clubs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 106
arryarryarry
June 28, 2019, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Not having a go but why would he not try to get his money he put in back, that would only be natural surely?

As far as I am aware he never professed to "gifting" the club the money. As has been shown in the accounts in the last couple of years he has recouped a small amount, reducing the amount owed to him so obviously in the long term regardless of if this take over happens he is going to eventually recoup his money.

Not sure why people think he would just walk away without at least getting his money he has invested back, regardless of achievements or lack of it just is not the way it works with football clubs.

He may well have had his money back sooner if not for running the club so poorly.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 106
woodi147
June 28, 2019, 5:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Only moron on here is you Yoda.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 106
Gaffer58
June 28, 2019, 8:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Not sure why people think he would just walk away without at least getting his

money he has invested back, regardless of achievements or lack of it just is not the way it works with football clubs.

Sorry, but isn't the football club a business, obviously it's here to entertain and hopefully win matches gain promotion etc, that way it may make some money for the shareholders (see the Glaziers at Man U) but it may lose games and be relegated, less fans through the doors and less TV money, that's the gamble club shareholders take. So I'm afraid Mr Fenty had to accept that his investment into GTFC has not been a money tree. Still the same if you have a car dealership, lots of fancy expensive cars on the forecourt but if nobody buys then eventually you will lose your money, and if your bought out you have to take the going price of your stock, buildings etc and not expect them to cover your loses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 106
KingstonMariner
June 28, 2019, 8:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58

Sorry, but isn't the football club a business, obviously it's here to entertain and hopefully win matches gain promotion etc, that way it may make some money for the shareholders (see the Glaziers at Man U) but it may lose games and be relegated, less fans through the doors and less TV money, that's the gamble club shareholders take. So I'm afraid Mr Fenty had to accept that his investment into GTFC has not been a money tree. Still the same if you have a car dealership, lots of fancy expensive cars on the forecourt but if nobody buys then eventually you will lose your money, and if your bought out you have to take the going price of your stock, buildings etc and not expect them to cover your loses.

The difference is most of the money he put into the club was a loan. Not quite the same as your example. He’s more like the bank who loaned the dealership money with a debenture over the cars and premises. Smart business move on his part. Gave him control with minimal risk.

So. I agree. He hasn’t really bailed out the club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 106
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet.!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.