Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet.!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 240 Guests

Has he gone yet.!!

This thread currently has 17,940 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Yoda
June 27, 2019, 10:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Has Fenty left the club yet, we need to get him out asap.
As soon as he has gone the club will rise from its 15 years of abject inept management.
Cue the Fenty red cross morons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
June 27, 2019, 10:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Provocative little tinker you are Yoda  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 106
promotion plaice
June 27, 2019, 11:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Wind-up-merchant you are Yoda......trouble is I actually agree with you on this occasion.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 106
Grimsby2012
June 28, 2019, 2:58am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
I agree. If you don't want to see how many X you get or have, just edit the Google Chrome code so it doesn't show it. Been doing it for years  

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 106
Gaffer58
June 28, 2019, 3:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Not decrying Mr Fenty as he was in a position to actually put his hand in his pocket to "save" the club, but when it comes to looking for a buyer is he trying to ensure he gets his money back, as the major shareholder surely he must take the rough with the smooth ( loss against profit).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
June 28, 2019, 4:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Gaffer58
Not decrying Mr Fenty as he was in a position to actually put his hand in his pocket to "save" the club, but when it comes to looking for a buyer is he trying to ensure he gets his money back, as the major shareholder surely he must take the rough with the smooth ( loss against profit).

Not having a go but why would he not try to get his money he put in back, that would only be natural surely?

As far as I am aware he never professed to "gifting" the club the money. As has been shown in the accounts in the last couple of years he has recouped a small amount, reducing the amount owed to him so obviously in the long term regardless of if this take over happens he is going to eventually recoup his money.

Not sure why people think he would just walk away without at least getting his money he has invested back, regardless of achievements or lack of it just is not the way it works with football clubs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 106
arryarryarry
June 28, 2019, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Not having a go but why would he not try to get his money he put in back, that would only be natural surely?

As far as I am aware he never professed to "gifting" the club the money. As has been shown in the accounts in the last couple of years he has recouped a small amount, reducing the amount owed to him so obviously in the long term regardless of if this take over happens he is going to eventually recoup his money.

Not sure why people think he would just walk away without at least getting his money he has invested back, regardless of achievements or lack of it just is not the way it works with football clubs.

He may well have had his money back sooner if not for running the club so poorly.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 106
woodi147
June 28, 2019, 5:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Only moron on here is you Yoda.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 106
Gaffer58
June 28, 2019, 8:24pm
Brandy Drinker

Not sure why people think he would just walk away without at least getting his

money he has invested back, regardless of achievements or lack of it just is not the way it works with football clubs.

Sorry, but isn't the football club a business, obviously it's here to entertain and hopefully win matches gain promotion etc, that way it may make some money for the shareholders (see the Glaziers at Man U) but it may lose games and be relegated, less fans through the doors and less TV money, that's the gamble club shareholders take. So I'm afraid Mr Fenty had to accept that his investment into GTFC has not been a money tree. Still the same if you have a car dealership, lots of fancy expensive cars on the forecourt but if nobody buys then eventually you will lose your money, and if your bought out you have to take the going price of your stock, buildings etc and not expect them to cover your loses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 106
KingstonMariner
June 28, 2019, 8:35pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58

Sorry, but isn't the football club a business, obviously it's here to entertain and hopefully win matches gain promotion etc, that way it may make some money for the shareholders (see the Glaziers at Man U) but it may lose games and be relegated, less fans through the doors and less TV money, that's the gamble club shareholders take. So I'm afraid Mr Fenty had to accept that his investment into GTFC has not been a money tree. Still the same if you have a car dealership, lots of fancy expensive cars on the forecourt but if nobody buys then eventually you will lose your money, and if your bought out you have to take the going price of your stock, buildings etc and not expect them to cover your loses.

The difference is most of the money he put into the club was a loan. Not quite the same as your example. He’s more like the bank who loaned the dealership money with a debenture over the cars and premises. Smart business move on his part. Gave him control with minimal risk.

So. I agree. He hasn’t really bailed out the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 106
Gaffer58
June 28, 2019, 9:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The difference is most of the money he put into the club was a loan. Not quite the same as your example. He’s more like the bank who loaned the dealership money with a debenture over the cars and premises. Smart business move on his part. Gave him control with minimal risk.

So if I borrow £100k from the bank, against my house, and buy Brigg Town, then up the players match fees, over to what the annual income is, but loan the club money to cover this loss, but after 2/3 years get fed up and put the club up for sale, I can expect the new buyer to cover my loans/losss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 106
Bigdog
June 28, 2019, 9:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

It's not the way it works for football clubs at all. There are many, many owners who have had to write off fortunes due to not being able to progress their club's value.

Think it's better to leave JF and the potential investor(s) in peace, give them some breathing space to thrash out a deal that suits both parties, and we can assess it from there..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 106
June 28, 2019, 9:56pm
Guest User

What’s the issue here, that he hasn’t squandered his privately accumulated fortune on the club?  Bottom line  is this, he was prepared to guarantee the football clubs debt, who else was?  He wants his money back, don’t blame him.  Let’s not get into the realms of ‘if I won £50m on the lottery I’d buy the club and do blah blah blah.

Personally I think he’s an egomaniac, his stewardship isn’t something for any rational person to gloat over, countless poor decisions, countless poor appointments.  However, whilst in relative terms a rich man his funds aren’t limitless.  The club still exists, if that’s his legacy then he deserves gratitude for that alone.
Reply: 12 - 106
KingstonMariner
June 28, 2019, 10:03pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58

So if I borrow £100k from the bank, against my house, and buy Brigg Town, then up the players match fees, over to what the annual income is, but loan the club money to cover this loss, but after 2/3 years get fed up and put the club up for sale, I can expect the new buyer to cover my loans/losss.

Not what I’m saying. I’m pointing out that despite what some people say he hasn’t bailed the club out. He made a smart business move.

If he wants any credit then he needs to be prepared to take a loss.

Yes, as a secured creditor he can expect his money back. But going for that pound of flesh undermines any claim he has on having saved the club or kept it going.

So I’m sort of agreeing with you but addressing the arguments put forward in favour of him being entitled to his money back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
June 28, 2019, 10:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

It's not the way it works for football clubs at all. There are many, many owners who have written off fortunes due to not being able to progress their club's value.

Think it's better to leave JF and the potential investor(s) in peace, give them some breathing space to thrash out a deal that suits both parties, and we can assess it from there..

I think maybe I did not make my point very well. Those who may have written of fortunes would be because no fornicator would pay them a penny for the debt ridden club they are trying to offload hence administration for so many FL clubs in the last 20-30 years, new owners would just wait (in some cases the same owners as before (Leicester I think?) clear the debts for a fraction of the real cost and take over (take a look at whats going on at Notts C probably will happen there).

In our situation If someone is going to "buy" the club off Fenty then of course he is not going to say "sure have it, we will chuck the old floodlights in for free as well." He will definitely be trying to factor in his loans with the club one way or the other.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 106
MuddyWaters
June 28, 2019, 10:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

I think maybe I did not make my point very well. Those who may have written of fortunes would be because no fornicator would pay them a penny for the debt ridden club they are trying to offload hence administration for so many FL clubs in the last 20-30 years, new owners would just wait (in some cases the same owners as before (Leicester I think?) clear the debts for a fraction of the real cost and take over (take a look at whats going on at Notts C probably will happen there).

In our situation If someone is going to "buy" the club off Fenty then of course he is not going to say "sure have it, we will chuck the old floodlights in for free as well." He will definitely be trying to factor in his loans with the club one way or the other.  

For me, it’s not about the loans or the cost of shares, it’s about what the current custodian has cost the club in lost revenue, league position and infrastructure.

When all of that is analysed, it’s all negative.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
June 28, 2019, 10:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

For me, it’s not about the loans or the cost of shares, it’s about what the current custodian has cost the club in lost revenue, league position and infrastructure.

When all of that is analysed, it’s all negative.

Of course, I agree if you were to put a value on the club from before Fenty took over and now it could not be higher lets put it that way.

But the new owner has also to take on the clubs debts as well when purchasing and either he clears them on purchasing or they remain and are repaid later. And as we all know the only real debt is with Fenty. So one way or the other it is not just going to be written off as some would like to think would happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 106
KingstonMariner
June 28, 2019, 10:13pm
Meths Drinker

You could be right on owners writing off money if no one else was prepared to pay. We could end up with a situation here where the prospective buyer pulls out because he perceives the club as not being worth the price being demanded. The sale falls through and JF goes down as the man who put his narrow interests in front of the club’s.

Always assuming of course that Shuteses has the best interests of the club/town at heart too. But if the deal falls down because of the price there will always be that big question.

If I was a big shot in my home town I wouldn’t want that question hanging over me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 106
Bigdog
June 28, 2019, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker

With the controlling interest share value of around 1m and loans to pay off circa 1.6m, 2.6m before additional investment is a hefty price for a club with only 0.5m in realisable assets. My instinct tells me that JF will compromise somewhat with the loans if he wants a clean break. If he doesn't want a clean break, I reckon the full amount of loans outstanding may have to be paid over a lengthy period. But then again, who knows exactly who is fully behind the bid for the club, what is fully planned for the club (and town) going forward, and how much money is behind him (them)?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
June 28, 2019, 10:21pm
Snakebite drinker

You could be right on owners writing off money if no one else was prepared to pay. We could end up with a situation here where the prospective buyer pulls out because he perceives the club as not being worth the price being demanded. The sale falls through and JF goes down as the man who put his narrow interests in front of the club’s.

Always assuming of course that Shuteses has the best interests of the club/town at heart too. But if the deal falls down because of the price there will always be that big question.

If I was a big shot in my home town I wouldn’t want that question hanging over me.

I think these people are commonly know as tyre kickers  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
June 28, 2019, 10:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

With the controlling interest share value of around 1m and loans to pay off circa 1.6m, 2.6m before additional investment is a hefty price for a club with only 0.5m in realisable assets. My instinct tells me that JF will compromise somewhat with the loans if he wants a clean break. If he doesn't want a clean break, I reckon the full amount of loans outstanding may have to be paid over a lengthy period. But then again, who knows exactly who is fully behind the bid for the club, what is fully planned for the club (and town) going forward, and how much money is behind him (them)?

I sincerely hope you are right and if this was a stumbling block he would do the above (maybe it is not an issue at all for the potential new owner/s).

What puts me in a more positive frame of thinking is that to get to an obviously advanced stage in talks must mean that at least some agreement in principle about this is in place.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 106
MuddyWaters
June 28, 2019, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Frankly, I would kick a tyre or two if the price tag included all of the loans, share price etc. Shares should be worth zero because, in all honesty, the club is worth zero.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 106
Fishy_fishtails
June 28, 2019, 10:31pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Yippee. Another JF bashing thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 106
samg
June 28, 2019, 10:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Ffs can we just not leave JF alone - like it or not he's a fan of gtfc and put his money into the club - and regardless of what's gone on in the past I'm sure there's a huge percentage of us that could not afford the finances he's given the club!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 106
Rik e B
June 28, 2019, 10:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'm sure this is the crux of the matter though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 106
Rik e B
June 28, 2019, 10:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
The sticking point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 106
KingstonMariner
June 28, 2019, 10:37pm
Meths Drinker

You forgot the inverted commas!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
June 28, 2019, 10:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Hardly though is it? Fans talking about potential take over of club...some asking why he would not just leave his money and walk...reasoned debate follows.

No need to start snapping children's flags or anything like that just yet.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 106
KingstonMariner
June 28, 2019, 10:45pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 139914

What’s the issue here, that he hasn’t squandered his privately accumulated fortune on the club?  Bottom line  is this, he was prepared to guarantee the football clubs debt, who else was?  He wants his money back, don’t blame him.  Let’s not get into the realms of ‘if I won £50m on the lottery I’d buy the club and do blah blah blah.

Personally I think he’s an egomaniac, his stewardship isn’t something for any rational person to gloat over, countless poor decisions, countless poor appointments.  However, whilst in relative terms a rich man his funds aren’t limitless.  The club still exists, if that’s his legacy then he deserves gratitude for that alone.

Not expecting him to waste his fortune on the club. He kept the wolf from the door back in , when was it 2004? But his control damaged the club for several years after, and continue to, and if his loans subsequently increased it was because of his decisions. He has lost other investors too. I’d draw up the balance sheet with no net credit on his side at the moment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 106
KingstonMariner
June 28, 2019, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker

What did you expect when you read the thread title?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 106
supertown
June 28, 2019, 10:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53

No it isn’t, most of it is constructive discussion .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
June 28, 2019, 10:55pm
Snakebite drinker

You forgot the inverted commas!

Only so you could point it out afterwards  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 106
Grim up north
June 29, 2019, 1:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Things have been pretty shite the past 15 years as we all know . Before JF took over the club was in a excrement position and he stood up and took it on . Although I don't know him personally I do know he's spent countless hours of toil at this club and yes made mistakes on the way but he deserves people's respect for the effort hes put in when no other was willing to take it on.Maybe the dice is finally rolling in our favour ,who knows ,but I for one appreciate he's tried his best for our club even if it didn't work out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 106
dapperz fun pub
June 29, 2019, 7:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Grim up north
Things have been pretty shite the past 15 years as we all know . Before JF took over the club was in a excrement position and he stood up and took it on . Although I don't know him personally I do know he's spent countless hours of toil at this club and yes made mistakes on the way but he deserves people's respect for the effort hes put in when no other was willing to take it on.Maybe the dice is finally rolling in our favour ,who knows ,but I for one appreciate he's tried his best for our club even if it didn't work out.

He’s been involved nearly 2 decades much of that sole owner  in which time we’ve had zero success ( non league doesn’t count ,absolute embarrassment we sunk that low ) I personally want him gone ASAP.  I don’t hate him but find it hard to respect someone whose been a total failure at running my club , from the Monday announcements to deconstructing flags the list goes on and on we desperately need change imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 106
Vance Warner
June 29, 2019, 7:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
Just want rid now. Understand those saying he deserves his loans back but sure he’s said himself that he wouldn’t look to retrieve the cash only to syphon it out of the club over the last few years leaving us going nowhere. It would also be easier to forgive the bad decisions if he hadn’t shown such distain for the fan base. All town aren’t we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 106
Civvy at last
June 29, 2019, 8:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,200
Gold Stars: 131
Just to clear up the deconstruction of the flag episode.
I was sat very close to that incident.  (And no I wasn’t with ‘Butty)😉

Said child was asked repeatedly to stop waving it so aggressively.
It was getting in the faces of the people around him and was extremely annoying and he knew it.
If JF hadn’t done something it genuinely could have been worse.  Had I deconstructed it, the child concerned would have spent the night with a rectal surgeon removing it bit  by bit.
I don’t stick up for JF too often, but was one of quite a few that applauded him for that.

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
June 29, 2019, 8:13am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

It was getting in the faces of the people around him and was extremely annoying and he knew it.
If JF hadn’t done something it genuinely could have been worse.  Had I deconstructed it, the child concerned would have spent the night with a rectal surgeon removing it bit  by bit.
I don’t stick up for JF too often, but was one of quite a few that applauded him for that.

Interesting to hear another view of that story, if that is the case fair play, reminds me of that little excrement the Swansea ball boy who was "kicked" by Hazard that time. Must be something in South Wales.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 106
June 29, 2019, 8:41am
Guest User
Are we talking Church of the latter day saints?
Reply: 37 - 106
barralad
June 29, 2019, 8:55am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
I've never been a business man so have no experience to call on but lets hypothesise for a moment. Obviously it would be better if the club had current momentum on the pitch a la Lincoln a couple of years ago but do business men only look at the current situation? What about potential? If as "Big Dog" and others suggest the main problems are fan engagement/technical development etc. surely these would be easily remedied by someone with  vision?
I suspect anyone coming in would conduct their own "due diligence" and see that whatever problems are associated with a League Two football team in the case of GTFC a financially well run club in terms of balancing the books etc provides a good foundation.
This may be entirely wishful thinking but I'm not getting any younger and I would really love to see some lasting progression and to be able to watch MY club play again at a higher level preferably in a fit for purpose 21st. Century stadium...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 106
ska face
June 29, 2019, 9:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,558
Gold Stars: 839
Imagine if Shutes came in, negotiated a deal where a £600k loan became £2.5m of debt which rolled on for 15 years, oversaw 2 back-to-back relegations, sat and watched the longest winless run in the club’s history, took us into non-league for 6 years, allowed the stadium to fall into absolute disrepair, spent over a decade giving grief to fans, local press partners and other key stakeholders (the council, the police, local public), voted for the introduction of B-teams against the express interest of fans...twice, all whilst serving up gaffes and PR disasters on an almost monthly basis.

Wonder how much patience the bootlickers would have with him?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 106
June 29, 2019, 9:14am
Guest User

I was sat very near to this, Newport adults encouraged the child. A flag with a stick should never have been allowed in.
Reply: 40 - 106
Bigdog
June 29, 2019, 9:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from barralad
I've never been a business man so have no experience to call on but lets hypothesise for a moment. Obviously it would be better if the club had current momentum on the pitch a la Lincoln a couple of years ago but do business men only look at the current situation? What about potential? If as "Big Dog" and others suggest the main problems are fan engagement/technical development etc. surely these would be easily remedied by someone with  vision?
I suspect anyone coming in would conduct their own "due diligence" and see that whatever problems are associated with a League Two football team in the case of GTFC a financially well run club in terms of balancing the books etc provides a good foundation.
This may be entirely wishful thinking but I'm not getting any younger and I would really love to see some lasting progression and to be able to watch MY club play again at a higher level preferably in a fit for purpose 21st. Century stadium...

A rounded vision that is directed at the GTFC fans who sparingly go to games or have stopped going completely is needed. A comprehensive and wide-ranging plan executed adeptly and accurately which carries a lot of provenance and can re-engage that sector of our support and the wider community, because if they are willing to re-engage again, then whatever vision it is should also be working for our existing diehard support..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 106
KingstonMariner
June 29, 2019, 10:27am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from barralad

A good assessment. I wouldn’t think there’s the scope to make a lot of money, bearing in mind the redevelopment/stadium  costs, but there’s potential for a larger, sustainable fan-base. The club could be a standard bearer for regeneration. A symbol of new found confidence.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 106
Civvy at last
June 29, 2019, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,200
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from ska face
Imagine if Shutes came in, negotiated a deal where a £600k loan became £2.5m of debt which rolled on for 15 years, oversaw 2 back-to-back relegations, sat and watched the longest winless run in the club’s history, took us into non-league for 6 years, allowed the stadium to fall into absolute disrepair, spent over a decade giving grief to fans, local press partners and other key stakeholders (the council, the police, local public), voted for the introduction of B-teams against the express interest of fans...twice, all whilst serving up gaffes and PR disasters on an almost monthly basis.

Wonder how much patience the bootlickers would have with him?

What the hell are you on about ?  

There is no club in the world that would allow that to happen, surely. And if it somehow did, I can’t imagine a club with fans so loyal that they would still turn up in their thousands to support that club.

Oh

Hang on ...........

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 106
codcheeky
June 29, 2019, 11:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Quoted from barralad

A good assessment, I know Fenty is a fan,  has kept the club solvent and has every right to expect to recover his loans, however  on the football side Fenty has failed, we have spent much of his tenure either fighting relegation from the league or in non league, we cut out cloth and standards to non league and never stepped up off the pitch when we got promoted, the ground is crumbling and the new stadium issue seems endless.
The them and us attitude of the board is unbelievable in what should be a community club. New energy is needed throughout the club, an assessment of everyone's role and how to improve is needed, more professional PR and fan liaison are a must.

The disappointment if this bid fails will be massive, with the new season, new signings and new hope, carrying on with the same Board who seem to delight in antagonizing their customers will deflate any enthusiasm
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 106
Bigdog
June 29, 2019, 11:11am
Whiskey Drinker

In the absence of photographic evidence with redacted faces, I find your version of events very hard to believe..  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 106
paramariner
June 29, 2019, 12:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +193
Gold Stars: 8
It's absolutely true, I was sat a bit behind same kid, he was most definitely asked several times to stop waving the flag but wouldn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 106
dapperz fun pub
June 29, 2019, 12:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
I think most including myself mention the flag incident with a little bit of humour nothing more in truth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 106
barralad
June 29, 2019, 12:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Bigdog

A rounded vision that is directed at the GTFC fans who sparingly go to games or have stopped going completely is needed. A comprehensive and wide-ranging plan executed adeptly and accurately which carries a lot of provenance and can re-engage that sector of our support and the wider community, because if they are willing to re-engage again, then whatever vision it is should also be working for our existing diehard support..

Not like you to miss my point Bigdog. I wouldn't disagree with a single word of what you say. I'm only suggesting that given the underlying financial health of GTFC any would be investor might not be put off by the repayment of a loan. We aren't Bury or Notts County type financial basket cases. Anyway  I'm allowing myself to hope...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 106
Bigdog
June 29, 2019, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Not like you to miss my point Bigdog. I wouldn't disagree with a single word of what you say. I'm only suggesting that given the underlying financial health of GTFC any would be investor might not be put off by the repayment of a loan. We aren't Bury or Notts County type financial basket cases. Anyway  I'm allowing myself to hope...

In relative terms, the outstanding loan amount, which has been our fairly static historical debt figure for 20 years, should not really be a game changing additional cost to overcome especially if repayments are spread over the long term ie 100k per annum. There is helluva lot of unlocked potential to increase income streams along with the predicted upsurge in support for a fresh start. Clean slate and all that. Value wise, the figure to take over a controlling interest by way of purchasing JF's shares on a pound for pound basis would seem about the correct value for the club as it stands. If the inconing investor(s) indeed have big plans for the club and wider community regeneration, then 100k or so per annum to pay off the said loans should be no more than a frustrating hindrance and a bit of a drag on future growth rather than a deal breaker. a 10% increase in season ticket sales should cover it. .

I'm allowing myself to hope too Barra having been on this GTFC rollercoaster of a journey for pretty much as long as you have..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 106
Yoda
June 29, 2019, 1:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Let’s be honest people are not queuing around the block to buy the club this Fentys chance to get out get some of his money back and move on.
If Fenty wants 2.5million i would pay it neither would anyone with a brain, just wait in the wings until we go into administration.
Season tickets and match tickets will be down massively if he stays so he won’t be taking out his 150 grand this year.
Maybe putting in another 350 000.+ or even worse going down.

No businessman is going to want him involved in any way or paying him back so much a year.
No one can work with him as has been proven.!

It’s a deal John take it or leave it.!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 106
RichMariner
June 29, 2019, 3:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
John Fenty knew what he was getting himself into when he decided to ‘save’ the club. He must have known that this wasn’t going to be a money-making venture.

If he was never in it for the money, and saved the club out of the goodness of his heart, then I don’t understand why it’s now all about the money (unless he’s gone on record to say he’s not bothered about cutting his losses for the benefit of the club’s future).

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 51 - 106
Meza
June 29, 2019, 3:42pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
It's pretty clear from my time on the fishy that regardless of how good or bad JF has done people just don't like him and his ways.  That's their views which I respect.  

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 106
lukeo
June 30, 2019, 8:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,318
Gold Stars: 140
I'm not 100% sure how or what Fenty did and said back when he 'saved the club'... But if he did say its loans and he will just have them back if and when possible then I say he has every right to get every penny back.. Love him or hate him it's the right thing too do.... Ii assume he hasn't paid himself for all the maintenance work he's attempted around the ground etc.. I genuinely think he's a proper town fan and wants what is best for the club but we all are that, doesn't mean we'd be able to run a football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 106
lew chaterleys lover
June 30, 2019, 9:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from lukeo
I'm not 100% sure how or what Fenty did and said back when he 'saved the club'... But if he did say its loans and he will just have them back if and when possible then I say he has every right to get every penny back.. Love him or hate him it's the right thing too do.... Ii assume he hasn't paid himself for all the maintenance work he's attempted around the ground etc.. I genuinely think he's a proper town fan and wants what is best for the club but we all are that, doesn't mean we'd be able to run a football club.

Nobody is going to pay him "every penny back" so we would be stuck with the status quo forever, and he would presumably want to take his loans back by instalments as it appears he has been doing.

Nobody can expect to run a professional club in their own image for many years without taking a financial hit, if they have been unable to run it succesfully. Of course the same would be true  in reverse - if he had made a success of it and maybe profited from the sale of BP and business interests connected to a new stadium then he could have walked off with all the profits.

I hope the two parties can come to a sensible agreement, but Mr Shutes will presumably walk away if the deal is not suitable.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 106
Davec
July 1, 2019, 6:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
I think the Telegraph played a blinder by making it public knowledge and they have backed the club into a corner, the board knows they are under immense pressure to get this takeover over the line and the board will know if this doesn't happen they will be public enemy number one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 106
1mickylyons
July 1, 2019, 8:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from lukeo

Just as well most of the work done is of a very poor standard and needs redoing .Fenty could be on that rogue traders show.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 106
Tangerine Chris
July 1, 2019, 8:13am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Quoted from 140067

I was sat very near to this, Newport adults encouraged the child. A flag with a stick should never have been allowed in.

You mean like the black and white flags on sticks that the shop sold?  

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 106
OllieGTFC
July 1, 2019, 4:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
This takeover/investment has gone very quiet

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 106
Malta_Mariner_90
July 1, 2019, 4:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from OllieGTFC
This takeover/investment has gone very quiet

It was also pretty quiet for the whole year before it was leaked as well...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 106
Marinerz93
July 1, 2019, 5:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
[img]https://i.imgur.com/QxX3pDQ.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 106
bluerose13x
July 2, 2019, 5:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Still waiting for him disappear.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 106
lew chaterleys lover
July 2, 2019, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from bluerose13x
Still waiting for him disappear.....

It has gone ominously quiet.

It should be quite straightforward really if the seller wants to sell and the buyer wants to buy.

Obviously, the seller, in this case, will have to be realistic with the asking price.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 106
moosey_club
July 2, 2019, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224

It has gone ominously quiet.

It should be quite straightforward really if the seller wants to sell and the buyer wants to buy.

Obviously, the seller, in this case, will have to be realistic with the asking price.

i would like to buy the club but i dont have anything like the money......could be a sticking point. Maybe thats a scenario that is being played out as we speak.

If Tom Shutes had the money in place then i think the deal would have been done by now.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 106
wuffing
July 2, 2019, 6:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +822
Gold Stars: 38
All is still at Blundell Park
The mushrooms are still in the dark
Discussions gone to covert?
Not a whisper from Bill or Bert
Things seem so so so tight-lipped
Can't see if the paper's stripped
Walls are now a padded cell
No rumours leaked to dispel
Of takeover talk and stadium new
Oh me oh my, please let it be true....  

Bit of time on me hands.....

I'll get me coat...  

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 106
Ipswin
July 2, 2019, 7:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club

If Tom Shutes had the money in place then i think the deal would have been done by now.

I fear that may well be the problem

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 106
KingstonMariner
July 2, 2019, 7:16pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

i would like to buy the club but i dont have anything like the money......could be a sticking point. Maybe thats a scenario that is being played out as we speak.

If Tom Shutes had the money that John Fenty wants in place then i think the deal would have been done by now.

Amended.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 106
lew chaterleys lover
July 2, 2019, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Or the asking price is too high.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 106
KingstonMariner
July 2, 2019, 8:32pm
Meths Drinker

I see the Fentyistas are out red-crossing anything sensible like that

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 106
ska face
July 2, 2019, 8:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,558
Gold Stars: 839
It’s starting to become evident who the tyre kicker really is...
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 106
Brazilnut
July 2, 2019, 8:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
It  worries me the telegraph spoke humberside spoke the board spoke the trust spoke ....but Shutes  is stum

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 106
bluerose13x
July 2, 2019, 8:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +323
Wouldn't surprise me if a certain person wanted a life directorship and place on board dispite totally selling out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 106
Stadium
July 2, 2019, 8:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Brazilnut
It  worries me the telegraph spoke humberside spoke the board spoke the trust spoke ....but Shutes  is stum

Sensible decision.
Patience......

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 106
MarshMariner
July 2, 2019, 8:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
business negotiations are confidential, the potential new owner is not going to reveal anything I would imagine...there is no point in trying to second guess, we just need to wait and see..   and keep our fingers crossed..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 106
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 2, 2019, 9:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,648
Assume most posters have been involved in buying and selling houses so really should understand that the process is anything but straightforward. Thus I expect buying a football club is 10x as problematic and with solicitors involved there is probably no more that can be said at this time.

Prefer to think no news is good news as if the sale was off pretty sure that would be in the public domain by now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 106
promotion plaice
July 2, 2019, 9:25pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Brazilnut

Same here, he wouldn't be giving anything away surely if he said in the press that negotiations are ongoing now the cat is out of the bag.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 106
Northbank Mariner
July 2, 2019, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I believe Tom Schutes is a very private man, ever thought the negotiations are just about complete and I would be surprised if we heard anything between now and the conclusion of the negotiations..
Hoping the next we hear Fenty make a statement is one of handing over the reigns to Mr Schutes...
Still staying positive in my little world and hoping for a new dawn my beloved GTFC..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 106
MuddyWaters
July 2, 2019, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarshMariner
business negotiations are confidential, the potential new owner is not going to reveal anything I would imagine...there is no point in trying to second guess, we just need to wait and see..   and keep our fingers crossed..

Agreed. Buying and selling businesses is like a house transaction times ten. The fact that this has got into the public domain may not be a bad thing and that negotiations are not being denied is the same. Just be patient everyone!
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 106
Croxton
July 2, 2019, 10:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 106
You stripes UTM
July 2, 2019, 10:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Anyone think Fenty is hanging on for a stadium announcement to be released so he can leave on good terms - make him look half decent?

"IT'S BOGLE! AGAIN!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 106
KingstonMariner
July 2, 2019, 11:27pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Croxton

Hah! The original Shutup!

'Land of Hope and Glory, mudder of de ...'
'Shaaad ap!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 106
pen penfras
July 3, 2019, 7:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Quoted from You stripes UTM
Anyone think Fenty is hanging on for a stadium announcement to be released so he can leave on good terms - make him look half decent?

I think progress with the new stadium is more likely when Fenty is gone. Being in charge of regeneration, he will have far more ability to influence things when there's no conflict of interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 106
Chrisblor
July 3, 2019, 9:23am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from pen penfras

I think progress with the new stadium is more likely when Fenty is gone. Being in charge of regeneration, he will have far more ability to influence things when there's no conflict of interest.

Ah yes, because progress was spectacularly rapid before [url=https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/nelc-new-cabinet-members-fenty-2860813]he was given the regeneration portfolio in May this year[/url]. Do you ever miss an opportunity to blow smoke up his bottom?

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 106
Rik e B
July 3, 2019, 9:28am

Whiskey Drinker
It's not Shutes's place to make comments or statements on a possible acquisition which not gone through yet. The Club isn't his so to speak about would be unfair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 106
1mickylyons
July 3, 2019, 9:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rik e B
It's not Shutes's place to make comments or statements on a possible acquisition which not gone through yet. The Club isn't his so to speak about would be unfair.

Yes maybe we are already seeing a far more professional approach instead of what we have seen in the last 15 year`s from our top table occupants?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 106
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 3, 2019, 9:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Problem is, the silence is deafening

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 106
Alfie
July 3, 2019, 9:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Only me that finds it completely bizarre how little there is of Tom Shutes online (bar this link)? There's being private and then there's being a digital ghost...

If he's so private - why does he want to buy a Football Club where scrutiny is unlike any other business?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 106
Mallyner
July 3, 2019, 10:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23

Hah! The original Shutup!

'Land of Hope and Glory, mudder of de ...'
'Shaaad ap!

Up to about 4 years ago, there was a bloke the image of Winsor Davis, who used to hand out team sheets just before the game, in the Upper Findus Youngs stand, does anybody remember him?

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 106
pen penfras
July 3, 2019, 10:09am

Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Quoted from Chrisblor

Ah yes, because progress was spectacularly rapid before [url=https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/nelc-new-cabinet-members-fenty-2860813]he was given the regeneration portfolio in May this year[/url]. Do you ever miss an opportunity to blow smoke up his bottom?

What the hell are you banging on about? We had a hung council with nobody who had any desire to push this through, and many who were firmly against it. Now we have a conservative council with a regeneration officer that wants to build a new stadium. The overall council might not do anything, but a Grimsby Town fan with no conflict of interest in a position to influence this is clearly an advantage of getting a new stadium. Are you actually that blind with hate that you can't see this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 106
Rik e B
July 3, 2019, 10:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Alfie
Only me that finds it completely bizarre how little there is of Tom Shutes online (bar this link)? There's being private and then there's being a digital ghost...

If he's so private - why does he want to buy a Football Club where scrutiny is unlike any other business?

Not at all, some businesses and people hammer social media engagement whereas some business people and industries have absolutely no need to, going quietly about their activities through more traditional methods. I've no knowledge of his operations but perhaps the fronts of his his endeavours are broadcast without the limelight being shone on the power behinfmd the throne.

Nothing new there, I couldn't tell you who owns Adidas etc etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 106
1mickylyons
July 3, 2019, 11:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

What the hell are you banging on about? We had a hung council with nobody who had any desire to push this through, and many who were firmly against it. Now we have a conservative council with a regeneration officer that wants to build a new stadium. The overall council might not do anything, but a Grimsby Town fan with no conflict of interest in a position to influence this is clearly an advantage of getting a new stadium. Are you actually that blind with hate that you can't see this?

I like you when you get angry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 106
Alfie
July 3, 2019, 11:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Rik e B

Not at all, some businesses and people hammer social media engagement whereas some business people and industries have absolutely no need to, going quietly about their activities through more traditional methods. I've no knowledge of his operations but perhaps the fronts of his his endeavours are broadcast without the limelight being shone on the power behinfmd the throne.

Nothing new there, I couldn't tell you who owns Adidas etc etc

You're missing the point. There's keeping a low profile and then there's keeping a profile to the point of there being absolutely nothing about the guy on Google...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 106
1mickylyons
July 3, 2019, 1:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Alfie

You're missing the point. There's keeping a low profile and then there's keeping a profile to the point of there being absolutely nothing about the guy on Google...

Why would you want the World knowing your business though? Look at Fenty gets a few quid buys a car like most people with a few quid and gets pilloried by the oiks on here for flaunting his wealth . I would rather keep a low profile and do without the hassle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 106
Grimal
July 3, 2019, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Alfie

Try Wiki ,thats usually updated everyday.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 106
Rik e B
July 3, 2019, 4:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Well I googled Tom Shutes's philanthropist and a few bits and bobs popped up 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 106
HertsGTFC
July 4, 2019, 8:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Alfie

What even a club that’s been down on its heels for decades located in an isolated backwater with a poor reputation?

If Shutes does come in for the club other than the GET I would doubt it would make column inches elsewhere.

The fact that little is known about him and he appears to keep a low profile would be a refreshing change from the constant media gaffs and unfulfilled promises we’ve had to endure for the last 20 odd years.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 106
HertsGTFC
July 4, 2019, 8:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Alfie

And just to add I work for a market leading company that has interests throughout Europe, China, Australia and NZ. It’s still a family owned company where the owners work with their employees every day, they are billionaires but you wouldn’t notice them if you passed them in the street.

Having an on line profile means nothing in terms of being effective in business.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 106
Alfie
July 4, 2019, 9:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Bet they're on Google though...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 106
You stripes UTM
July 4, 2019, 9:21am
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What even a club that’s been down on its heels for decades located in an isolated backwater with a poor reputation?

If Shutes does come in for the club other than the GET I would doubt it would make column inches elsewhere.

The fact that little is known about him and he appears to keep a low profile would be a refreshing change from the constant media gaffs and unfulfilled promises we’ve had to endure for the last 20 odd years.

Anything is better than swinging around a pole in a Cleethorpes nightclub!

"IT'S BOGLE! AGAIN!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 106
1mickylyons
July 4, 2019, 9:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And just to add I work for a market leading company that has interests throughout Europe, China, Australia and NZ. It’s still a family owned company where the owners work with their employees every day, they are billionaires but you wouldn’t notice them if you passed them in the street.

Having an on line profile means nothing in terms of being effective in business.

AND YOU HAVENT PERSUADED THEM TO BUY THE CLUB SHAME ON YOU
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 106
golfer
July 4, 2019, 12:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I never realized that you worked for me Herts - keep up the praise, fingers on lips and I am sure we will get on well----M. Harry       P.S. I think you have spent enough time on line with your friends so can you get back to the kitchen there's a good laddie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 106
rancido
July 4, 2019, 7:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96

I'm sure that Tom Shutes would have known what the price was before he made any advances to the club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 106
lew chaterleys lover
July 4, 2019, 8:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I'm sure that Tom Shutes would have known what the price was before he made any advances to the club.

How do you know that? Fenty has never mentioned an asking price has he?

What he wants (Fenty) to what he might accept are two different things. Tom Shutes will also have a figure in mind that he will not exceed.

Most negotiations of this sort start with the parties a long way apart- the seller obviously wanting the best price and the buyer looking for a bargain.

They will have to compromise if they are both keen on a deal.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 106
rancido
July 4, 2019, 8:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96

How do you know that? Fenty has never mentioned an asking price has he?

What he wants (Fenty) to what he might accept are two different things. Tom Shutes will also have a figure in mind that he will not exceed.

Most negotiations of this sort start with the parties a long way apart- the seller obviously wanting the best price and the buyer looking for a bargain.

They will have to compromise if they are both keen on a deal.

I don't know what Fenty is asking but I'm sure that figure would have been mentioned to Tom Shutes in the initial enquiry. The fact that these negotiations seem to have been on-going for a considerable time implies that whatever JF was asking wasn't too high otherwise Tom Shutes would have said " thanks but no thanks ".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 106
lew chaterleys lover
July 4, 2019, 9:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I don't know what Fenty is asking but I'm sure that figure would have been mentioned to Tom Shutes in the initial enquiry. The fact that these negotiations seem to have been on-going for a considerable time implies that whatever JF was asking wasn't too high otherwise Tom Shutes would have said " thanks but no thanks ".

You said Shutes would have known the price BEFORE making any advances to the club, which is highly unlikely. I very much doubt any figure was mentioned by either party at an early stage either - it often takes many meetings to even lay the groundwork of any likely talks.

I think the fact that the negotiations have been going for a while doesn't mean an awful lot - they could still be miles apart or there could be any amount of sticking points but both parties will be keen not to give up if they are genuine.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 106
1mickylyons
July 5, 2019, 6:37am
Special Brew Drinker
I can`t imagine at this stage the price being the problem but with loans,beningn loans,shares to sort out all of which will be full of complications. For example the shares Parker gifted to the trust that they in turn gifted to Fenty what price them or does Fenty gift them back to the trust ? Fenty might possibly have already concluded his part of the deal and Parker/Trust/Another could be a stumbling block? So we don`t know were all second guessing and the smart thing to do is let them get on with it I think the bigger indicator of how it`s going are the signings made and the likely wages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 106
Rik e B
July 5, 2019, 6:55am

Whiskey Drinker
I'd love to see Mike Parker back involved with any new regime, major boll*ck dropped there and benefactor lost with Fenty's inability to do things anyway other than his.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 106
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet.!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.