Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet.!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 374 Guests

Has he gone yet.!!

This thread currently has 17,867 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
golfer
July 4, 2019, 12:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And just to add I work for a market leading company that has interests throughout Europe, China, Australia and NZ. It’s still a family owned company where the owners work with their employees every day, they are billionaires but you wouldn’t notice them if you passed them in the street.

Having an on line profile means nothing in terms of being effective in business.

I never realized that you worked for me Herts - keep up the praise, fingers on lips and I am sure we will get on well----M. Harry       P.S. I think you have spent enough time on line with your friends so can you get back to the kitchen there's a good laddie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 106
rancido
July 4, 2019, 7:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91

Or the asking price is too high.

I'm sure that Tom Shutes would have known what the price was before he made any advances to the club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 106
lew chaterleys lover
July 4, 2019, 8:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from rancido

I'm sure that Tom Shutes would have known what the price was before he made any advances to the club.

How do you know that? Fenty has never mentioned an asking price has he?

What he wants (Fenty) to what he might accept are two different things. Tom Shutes will also have a figure in mind that he will not exceed.

Most negotiations of this sort start with the parties a long way apart- the seller obviously wanting the best price and the buyer looking for a bargain.

They will have to compromise if they are both keen on a deal.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 106
rancido
July 4, 2019, 8:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91

How do you know that? Fenty has never mentioned an asking price has he?

What he wants (Fenty) to what he might accept are two different things. Tom Shutes will also have a figure in mind that he will not exceed.

Most negotiations of this sort start with the parties a long way apart- the seller obviously wanting the best price and the buyer looking for a bargain.

They will have to compromise if they are both keen on a deal.

I don't know what Fenty is asking but I'm sure that figure would have been mentioned to Tom Shutes in the initial enquiry. The fact that these negotiations seem to have been on-going for a considerable time implies that whatever JF was asking wasn't too high otherwise Tom Shutes would have said " thanks but no thanks ".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 106
lew chaterleys lover
July 4, 2019, 9:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from rancido

I don't know what Fenty is asking but I'm sure that figure would have been mentioned to Tom Shutes in the initial enquiry. The fact that these negotiations seem to have been on-going for a considerable time implies that whatever JF was asking wasn't too high otherwise Tom Shutes would have said " thanks but no thanks ".

You said Shutes would have known the price BEFORE making any advances to the club, which is highly unlikely. I very much doubt any figure was mentioned by either party at an early stage either - it often takes many meetings to even lay the groundwork of any likely talks.

I think the fact that the negotiations have been going for a while doesn't mean an awful lot - they could still be miles apart or there could be any amount of sticking points but both parties will be keen not to give up if they are genuine.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 106
1mickylyons
July 5, 2019, 6:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
I can`t imagine at this stage the price being the problem but with loans,beningn loans,shares to sort out all of which will be full of complications. For example the shares Parker gifted to the trust that they in turn gifted to Fenty what price them or does Fenty gift them back to the trust ? Fenty might possibly have already concluded his part of the deal and Parker/Trust/Another could be a stumbling block? So we don`t know were all second guessing and the smart thing to do is let them get on with it I think the bigger indicator of how it`s going are the signings made and the likely wages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 106
Rik e B
July 5, 2019, 6:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'd love to see Mike Parker back involved with any new regime, major boll*ck dropped there and benefactor lost with Fenty's inability to do things anyway other than his.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet.!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.