Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet.!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 104 Guests

Has he gone yet.!!

This thread currently has 17,869 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
July 3, 2019, 11:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from pen penfras

What the hell are you banging on about? We had a hung council with nobody who had any desire to push this through, and many who were firmly against it. Now we have a conservative council with a regeneration officer that wants to build a new stadium. The overall council might not do anything, but a Grimsby Town fan with no conflict of interest in a position to influence this is clearly an advantage of getting a new stadium. Are you actually that blind with hate that you can't see this?

I like you when you get angry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 106
Alfie
July 3, 2019, 11:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Rik e B

Not at all, some businesses and people hammer social media engagement whereas some business people and industries have absolutely no need to, going quietly about their activities through more traditional methods. I've no knowledge of his operations but perhaps the fronts of his his endeavours are broadcast without the limelight being shone on the power behinfmd the throne.

Nothing new there, I couldn't tell you who owns Adidas etc etc

You're missing the point. There's keeping a low profile and then there's keeping a profile to the point of there being absolutely nothing about the guy on Google...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 106
1mickylyons
July 3, 2019, 1:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Alfie

You're missing the point. There's keeping a low profile and then there's keeping a profile to the point of there being absolutely nothing about the guy on Google...

Why would you want the World knowing your business though? Look at Fenty gets a few quid buys a car like most people with a few quid and gets pilloried by the oiks on here for flaunting his wealth . I would rather keep a low profile and do without the hassle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 106
Grimal
July 3, 2019, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Alfie

Try Wiki ,thats usually updated everyday.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 106
Rik e B
July 3, 2019, 4:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Well I googled Tom Shutes's philanthropist and a few bits and bobs popped up 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 106
HertsGTFC
July 4, 2019, 8:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Alfie
Only me that finds it completely bizarre how little there is of Tom Shutes online (bar this link)? There's being private and then there's being a digital ghost...

If he's so private - why does he want to buy a Football Club where scrutiny is unlike any other business?

What even a club that’s been down on its heels for decades located in an isolated backwater with a poor reputation?

If Shutes does come in for the club other than the GET I would doubt it would make column inches elsewhere.

The fact that little is known about him and he appears to keep a low profile would be a refreshing change from the constant media gaffs and unfulfilled promises we’ve had to endure for the last 20 odd years.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 106
HertsGTFC
July 4, 2019, 8:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Alfie

And just to add I work for a market leading company that has interests throughout Europe, China, Australia and NZ. It’s still a family owned company where the owners work with their employees every day, they are billionaires but you wouldn’t notice them if you passed them in the street.

Having an on line profile means nothing in terms of being effective in business.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 106
Alfie
July 4, 2019, 9:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Bet they're on Google though...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 106
You stripes UTM
July 4, 2019, 9:21am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What even a club that’s been down on its heels for decades located in an isolated backwater with a poor reputation?

If Shutes does come in for the club other than the GET I would doubt it would make column inches elsewhere.

The fact that little is known about him and he appears to keep a low profile would be a refreshing change from the constant media gaffs and unfulfilled promises we’ve had to endure for the last 20 odd years.

Anything is better than swinging around a pole in a Cleethorpes nightclub!

"IT'S BOGLE! AGAIN!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 106
1mickylyons
July 4, 2019, 9:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And just to add I work for a market leading company that has interests throughout Europe, China, Australia and NZ. It’s still a family owned company where the owners work with their employees every day, they are billionaires but you wouldn’t notice them if you passed them in the street.

Having an on line profile means nothing in terms of being effective in business.

AND YOU HAVENT PERSUADED THEM TO BUY THE CLUB SHAME ON YOU
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has he gone yet.!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.