Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Women's World Cup Finals
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 318 Guests

Women's World Cup Finals

This thread currently has 35,673 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
June 23, 2019, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 140348
Technology is here to stay and yes games will be longer because of it. The decisions will always be argued if it doesn't go your way ,but will you moan about VAR  if the opposite happens. The real problem is the refs. Cameroon should have had 10 yellow cards and at least one sending off. They brought the game into disrepute and the ref let them them do it.

well we wont have to put it up with it any time soon , unless we draw a prem team in the cup again, so hopefully by the time it either filters down or we go up to a level where it is used they will have figured out how to use it efficiently and effectively .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 300
lew chaterleys lover
June 23, 2019, 7:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 140348
Technology is here to stay and yes games will be longer because of it. The decisions will always be argued if it doesn't go your way ,but will you moan about VAR  if the opposite happens. The real problem is the refs. Cameroon should have had 10 yellow cards and at least one sending off. They brought the game into disrepute and the ref let them them do it.

So where do we stop? Do we bring every goal back to the build up play in case the ref missed a foul? Do we use it for a foul throw that leads to a goal? How far back do you go as every single thing that happens in a game affects the rest of it.?

It is a game played and refereed by human beings, and if we are not careful we will take the whole spontaneity out of it. You watch - soon the fans at Premier League games will start postponing their celebrations after a winning goal in case it is referred to VAR and where is the fun in that?

In any event I don't think a player whose toe is offside is in the spirit of the game at all.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 300
GtfcGarner
June 23, 2019, 8:14pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Let's not beat around the bush Women's football is excrement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 300
arryarryarry
June 23, 2019, 8:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Let's not beat around the bush Women's football is excrement.

And they don't take their shirts off when they score.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 300
Teesknees
June 23, 2019, 8:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from promotion plaice

Heard the same sort of stuff in the pub watching the game, sexual innuendos all the time.

I'm no prude but I think the women's game deserves a bit more respect, I wish I could have played that well when I played.

I wasn't talking about the women's game... I was going on about women and mud!

FFS Everybody seems offended about something these days.... ban all the Carry On films!  

You can't say this, you can't say that... you can't say someone's fat.. ooh no that'll upset them   ffs!!

Then there's that Boris Johnson, had an argument with his girlfriend which is then all over the news, phone in's about it etc etc.... at the same time 45 people die in a bus crash in India... and not a fcking word!!

As Leonard Osbourne would say ..... aw Bollox to it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 300
Ipswin
June 23, 2019, 8:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Here we go again.

Please can we have just one game where the referee and her assistants make all the decisions (right or wrong) otherwise why the intercourse are they there.

The assistants in particular have had virtually all their tasks taken away, offsides aren't flagged until the 'play' in which it might have occurred has finished. As for linesmen (or women) indicating penalties it just doesn't happen any more I wonder if any of them even know how a linesperson should signal a penno.

Do we need officials on the pitch at all?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 300
promotion plaice
June 23, 2019, 8:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Teesknees

I wasn't talking about the women's game... I was going on about women and mud!

FFS Everybody seems offended about something these days.... ban all the Carry On films!  

You can't say this, you can't say that... you can't say someone's fat.. ooh no that'll upset them   ffs!!

Then there's that Boris Johnson, had an argument with his girlfriend which is then all over the news, phone in's about it etc etc.... at the same time 45 people die in a bus crash in India... and not a fcking word!!

As Leonard Osbourne would say ..... aw Bollox to it!

Fair point, I actually agree with you and I wasn't having a dig at you personally.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 300
Grim74
June 23, 2019, 8:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
12 pages of women’s football FFS the football season can’t come some enough.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 300
TownSNAFU5
June 23, 2019, 9:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
England need to improve their passing to beat a Norway.  Long passes also invariably concede possession.

Third goal from the corner was well-worked by the 2 Liverpool players.  Very quick-thinking.  Very similar to the goal Liverpool score at home to Barca.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 300
TownSNAFU5
June 23, 2019, 9:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
England need to improve their passing to beat a Norway.  Long passes also invariably concede possession.

Third goal from the corner was well-worked by the 2 Liverpool players.  Very quick-thinking.  Very similar to the goal Liverpool score at home to Barca.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 300
31 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Women's World Cup Finals

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.