Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Women's World Cup Finals
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

Women's World Cup Finals

This thread currently has 35,644 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
June 24, 2019, 12:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Lets remember we are watching women playing football,

They are not as strong or as fast as men,

BUT

I have enjoyed watching most of the games apart from VAR taking so long and the dirty tactics of Cameroon against us yesterday.

How far will England go ? well I think it will be tight against Norway but can see us beating them with another White goal who is very good at this level.

Semi final will be against the USA who unlike their men are a force to be reckoned with so a 3rd placed is the best we can hope for.

I love watching footy at any level even Thurston in the local Sunday league you just have to expect mistakes will be made at any level  so far England women tend to start giving the ball away  far too much in the 2nd half of games so they need to improve on that.

I agree that one of the Brazilian players spent far too much time in make up before the game.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 300
Ipswin
June 24, 2019, 12:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
have enjoyed watching most of the games apart from VAR taking so long and the dirty tactics of Cameroon against us yesterday.

I totally agree Pete I am enjoying it immensely

I am hoping for a USA or France v Holland final I think the Dutch might give either of them a good game

Sadly there is a distinct shortage of beautiful women (and large chests) these days I recall many years ago when Norway were the best in the world a lot of their players were absolutely gorgeous  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 300
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2019, 12:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

I totally agree Pete I am enjoying it immensely

I am hoping for a USA or France v Holland final I think the Dutch might give either of them a good game

Sadly there is a distinct shortage of beautiful women (and large chests) these days I recall many years ago when Norway were the best in the world a lot of their players were absolutely gorgeous  

The ref the other night in the Sweden/US game (I think) was easy on my eye.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 300
Ipswin
June 24, 2019, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The ref the other night in the Sweden/US game (I think) was easy on my eye.

Don't get me wrong There are still a lot of lady players that I wouldn't climb over to get to Pete but they appear, as their game has improved and got more professional, to have become less feminine and a lot more, how can I put it, butch hardened

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 300
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2019, 12:56pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't get me wrong There are still a lot of lady players that I wouldn't climb over to get to Pete but they appear, as their game has improved and got more professional, to have become less feminine and a lot more, how can I put it, butch hardened

Athletic?
Amazon-like?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 300
HackneyHaddock
June 24, 2019, 1:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I think we'll get past Norway but the US look a class above every other team in the tournament.  They have loads of pace and strength and transition quickly through the midfield.  We look good, but unfortunately I still feel that (like our men's team) we still have a defensive error or two in us, struggle to move the ball through midfield as fluently, and might not be able to kill off the better sides when we are on top.

Loving the tournament though and the ladies' game has really come on even since the last world cup.  This trend will only continue as the ladies' club game in Europe in particular continues to expand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 300
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2019, 1:55pm
Meths Drinker
Wouldn’t disagree with any of that HH.

I came into this tournament expecting it to be of a lower standard and not to be entertained, based on previous tournaments.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 300
FishOutOfWater
June 24, 2019, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Great team goal by the Crapauds*

* probably incorrect spelling for feminine form

Close but no cigar KM

Grenouilles is the word you were looking for I think.... as c r a p  it clearly wasn't    

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 137 - 300
FishOutOfWater
June 24, 2019, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Rik e B
I must be bored if I'm reading a page of this thread, perhaps will watch the final if England get there, maybe the semi. But when I've flicked through the channels and seen it briefly the fare on offer has been atrocious - no speed or power.

Im all for women developing the game and far from sexist but a bit overkill how it's been thrust on us. For example the women on panels commenting on the mens game, no offence but they seem pretty clueless in the main.

And this wanting parity with the wages of the men is ridiculous. When they generate the same massive global interest, attendances and viewing figures then yes of course. But that way off, it's just nowhere near as exciting or entertaining.

"Sweden's women's national football team suffered a crushing defeat during a friendly in Stockholm on Tuesday, with the country's top female players finding themselves shutout by an undermanned local boys team."

"What happened to girl power? Australia's national women's soccer team the Matildas lose 7-0 to an under FIFTEENS boys' side"

Way off, way way off.

I've watched quite a few of the games and to be honest I've enjoyed them for what they are....

I don't know which female pundit it was who said yesterday that the women's game is advancing quickly... I don't dispute that but then she said it is only about 20 years behind the men's game.

Really?? If she seriously believes that then I think someone should have a word about who is out there representing their sport with such hype

Almost as bad as SKY with their overbearing views of the men's game since 1992

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 138 - 300
Rik e B
June 24, 2019, 2:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Tbf I've not really given it chance, maybe should a bit more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 300
31 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Women's World Cup Finals

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.