Stadium
May 19, 2019, 6:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,925
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Then you can either buy one or go to the ticket office to buy one. I think it it's great the club are looking a modernising ticketing. There have been any occasions tickets have been released in the week before the game, but I've been at work so it's been a game. If you can make it easier for your customers, especially if you are reducing costs then it can only be a good thing.

This.
Just get on with it-a few will moan as per usual but the majority will welcome the added flexibility.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 82
Swansea_Mariner
May 19, 2019, 6:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Just Nike it, everything should be paperless these days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 82
Kris2
May 19, 2019, 7:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Would rather buy a ticket online and be able to scan it on the door to same time on having to queue up to pick up tickets or buy one at the ticket office. There is no reason for anyone to still be using paper tickets these days except to please a few geeks who still collect ticket stubs.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 82
Bigdog
May 19, 2019, 7:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Kris2
Would rather buy a ticket online and be able to scan it on the door to same time on having to queue up to pick up tickets or buy one at the ticket office. There is no reason for anyone to still be using paper tickets these days except to please a few geeks who still collect ticket stubs.

Maybe some of our elderly fans who haven't embraced technology or the sight impaired?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 82
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2019, 10:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Kris2

One day you'll grow up and realise making ignorant digs left, right and centre isn't a good thing to do.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 82
headingly_mariner
May 19, 2019, 10:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Like the idea of a credit card season ticket and a modern system. Not sure why costs have to be passed onto fans when the club should save hugely on admin costs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 82
golfer
May 20, 2019, 7:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Bigdog

Maybe some of our elderly fans who haven't embraced technology or the sight impaired?

The last time I tried to print anything I ended up with 43 tickets to a Madonna concert and a photo of Katie Price and friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 82
The_Laughing_Mariner
May 20, 2019, 8:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Most places you book online come with an added admin/booking fee, particularly if the system is run by a third party.
Just get on with it, its what other entertainment venues, events have been doing for years.  It will be good to catch up for once.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 82
Croxton
May 20, 2019, 8:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Like the idea of a credit card season ticket and a modern system. Not sure why costs have to be passed onto fans when the club should save hugely on admin costs.

I'm 70 next season. Got a printer, a smart phone, Trainline App and prostate issues. Anything that gets me in the ground quicker means less chance of wet trousers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 82
MarinerMal
May 20, 2019, 9:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +783
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Kris2

His last sentence was was little contentious but his general idea is correct. If you have a bar code reader on the turnstyles there is no reason you couldn't download you ticket to your phone and scan the bar code that way. If that is what you are comfortable with doing of course, while still leaving the options to print the ticket or pick it up from the ground itself.

It is long overdue that ticketing system at BP was overhauled. It should be much easier to buy a ticket online than it currently is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticketing modernisation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.