bax
May 20, 2019, 8:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from pen penfras

At the end of the day, it's a free ticket, if you don't like the club's terms then you can always buy one.

Spoken like a true accountant 🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 82
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2019, 8:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think you already know who it is.

Shut up!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 82
Bigdog
May 20, 2019, 8:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

No, I just try to look at things from both sides and since there's enough negativity on here, I post the other side. I try to view things in life from both points of view, whereas a few on here just moan about everything without even thinking about why it is that way. Sure, it could be better and hopefully awareness of these issues will result in changes in policy for the better.

At the end of the day, it's a free ticket, if you don't like the club's terms then you can always buy one.

Sums it all up really. Absolutely zero instinct in what a football club needs to be progressive or engaging with the fanbase. Also a club employee approaches about 20 regular posters on the GTFC hashtag re digital ticketing. 20, and why did he have to? Where is the courage of conviction, nous and decisiveness for the greater good of the football club? And the Ancient Mariner debacle. It's insanity that the people who run our football club run our football club. And it's insanity that they get all indignant and huffy because they think they're doing a great job. Absolute fooking denial while the remains of our loyal supporter's hearts bleed for our club, seethe to the point of their heads nearly exploding or quietly comtemplate walking away like thousands of others have done before them.

Pen Penfras, there isn't a positive side to put forward re the past twenty years. How the hell can't you see it? It'll be another season of nothingness off the pitch and probably similar on the pitch too and we'll be here this time next year with our board still failing to look past their over-inflated egos to see the damage they are doing. We've turned into a proper Barnstoneworth tinpot club run by a bunch of unqualified muppets..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 20, 2019, 8:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Shut up!

Don’t you know who I am!
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 82
Ipswin
May 20, 2019, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I think the worst thing about this is that GTFC can't (won't) guarantee that the old fella can sit next to his lad and that he has to leg it to BP every time not knowing where he will be sitting.

No one disputes that a free ticket for every home game is a great offer rightly given to senior supporters in recognition for their years of support and quite a surprise frankly for GTFC to give anything away.

It just seems sad that the old fella may not take them up on their kind gesture as two major obstacles appear to be in place.

A cynic might suspect that the club to not want to allocate the particular seat (like a ST) for every game in case the old chap can't attend them all through health, age or whatever and they hope to actually sell a ST for that seat at full price to someone

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 82
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2019, 8:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Look, this is typical GTFC. Turn something positive into a negative by not thinking things through.

Giving a free season ticket to the over 85s is a really nice idea. But why make it so fricking difficult? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

It sounds like the club wants to make it difficult and make people suffer for the privilege. The average 85 year old in the Grimsby area has probably given so much to the club, the town and the businesses within it, they should be shown more respect.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 82
Northbank Mariner
May 20, 2019, 9:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from pen penfras

No, I just try to look at things from both sides and since there's enough negativity on here, I post the other side. I try to view things in life from both points of view, whereas a few on here just moan about everything without even thinking about why it is that way. Sure, it could be better and hopefully awareness of these issues will result in changes in policy for the better.

And there you have it. ...why don't just tell us to "shut up" and not point out the obvious flaws that run right through our club, mainly being driven by those up top...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 82
moosey_club
May 20, 2019, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
its a nice gesture already from the club....does anybody know how many other clubs offer a free ticket for over 85's ?

while this is only one instance of complaint about how it fits with one person the club shouldnt ignore it ...the club now need to cherish the complaint because its an opportunity to improve its customer service.

do they look at making an exception in this case ?  do they review the scheme ?  do they stick to the party line as there is an opportunity for abuse ? do they seize the opportunity to turn it into PR exercise and make the fella a guest of honour one game ...or have an ancient mariners section in the programme featuring a different person each week ? First game, best memory etc...

As the club appear to be currently reviewing the ticket booking system then surely an ancient mariners members scheme or photo id card could be arranged as part of it ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 82
arryarryarry
May 21, 2019, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
[/b]

And there you have it. ...why don't just tell us to "shut up" and not point out the obvious flaws that run right through our club, mainly being driven by those up top...

He wont shut up because he probably has a bodily appendage stuck up a non chairman's derriere,
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 82
Hagrid
May 21, 2019, 12:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,372
Gold Stars: 532
yes, get It done, move into the 21st century
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticketing modernisation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.