May 19, 2019, 3:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from LH
[tweet]1130077788722094082[/tweet]

Town looking to modernise ticket issue at BP. Great news and I approve of these changes. I am a bit baffled as to why they seem to need approval from fans for these changes though. Do they have to justify spending the money on it?

I work in the music industry and use virutuly every major  ticketing company. They all charge fees, booking fees, service fees etc that are passed on to the customer. I read this as "would gtfc fans be happy paying a bit more in booking fees etc"   I am sure GTFC have this covered already but if anyone from the club wants any pointers on the best and worst, ones that offers best service and benefits etc, drop me a private message and id be more than happy to pass on advice etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 82
fishboyUTM
May 19, 2019, 3:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from promotion plaice

What if you haven't got a printer?

Then you can either buy one or go to the ticket office to buy one. I think it it's great the club are looking a modernising ticketing. There have been any occasions tickets have been released in the week before the game, but I've been at work so it's been a game. If you can make it easier for your customers, especially if you are reducing costs then it can only be a good thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 82
NorthLondonMariner
May 19, 2019, 3:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Then you can either buy one or go to the ticket office to buy one. I think it it's great the club are looking a modernising ticketing. There have been any occasions tickets have been released in the week before the game, but I've been at work so it's been a game. If you can make it easier for your customers, especially if you are reducing costs then it can only be a good thing.

Most of the e tickets from the decent ticketing company's will scan from your phone to, so no need to print out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 82
friskneymariner
May 19, 2019, 3:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

Most of the e tickets from the decent ticketing company's will scan from your phone to, so no need to print out.

That is if you have an iphone

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 82
NorthLondonMariner
May 19, 2019, 3:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner

That is if you have an iphone

Not at all. Obvs if you have a nokia 3210 it aint gonna work.  but any smartphone, even the basic ones work. I sell hundreds of thousands of tickets a year and encounter very few issues with e tickets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2019, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from fishboyUTM

To clarify, I have no problem modernising the ticketing process just how it's implemented and I'm not quite sure how you can put customer costs up when, essentially, the product hasn't changed.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 82
NorthLondonMariner
May 19, 2019, 3:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

To clarify, I have no problem modernising the ticketing process just how it's implemented and I'm not quite sure how you can put customer costs up when, essentially, the product hasn't changed.

this depends on which company the club end up using, because some will charge for this. But most of the better ones offer a "collection at box office" option that has no added cost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 82
Yoda
May 19, 2019, 4:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
Put the extra money towards a striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 82
GrimRob
May 19, 2019, 5:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Anything that makes it easy to pay in advance and not have to queue up on the day has to be a good idea. As long as supporters who prefer traditional means aren't overlooked.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 82
arryarryarry
May 19, 2019, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
For something that could save quite a bit of time and work for the admin. department to ask the fans to pay for it is balderdash in my opinion.

Suppose it depends on how much they charge.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticketing modernisation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.