Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Name your price..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 371 Guests

Name your price..

This thread currently has 8,773 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
May 1, 2019, 10:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from malkamalka
Didn't the previous Owners of Gainsborough put in 5 million, and it lasted 4 years??

How much did they advance in footballing terms? Where are they now compared to when those owners arrived/left? Look at Boston?

It's not about how much money you have, it's how you spend it.

I think any potential owner(s) need a minimum of £10 million, even accounting for JF "gifting" some of his loans.

Even assuming you start with a clean sheet, you need enough money to run the club for the first season; enough money to fund new players; enough money to develop/redevelop the stadium. PLUS any guarantees that the EFL require regarding solvency AFTER the first season.

If we can raise £10 million in crowdfunding for a lowly League Two football club, perhaps we should be running the country.

And that chairman you refer to was a certain Mr Swann who spat his dummy out when he couldn't own the ground.

As I understand it Fenty is essentially a guarantor for the overdraft facility ensuring the bank are guaranteed their money and I believe the board have to make up the shortfall should income be lower than budgeted (lower attendances and merchandising). I imagine other than guaranteed prize money, any money received from winning cup games is additional money. It would be financial suicide to budget for a cup run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Name your price..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.