Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Name your price..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 272 Guests

Name your price..

This thread currently has 8,772 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 28, 2019, 11:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
I don’t think it was unreasonable for Hurst to expect a better budget or more staff. By the same token, I don’t think he’s doing himself any favours by continually crabbing about it.

Regards the way the club is run, it now no longer needs a change...it desperately has to change. The club is burning money keeping Blundell Park open as opposed to advancing the never-ending new stadium project. Which neatly brings me on to Extreme Leisure....whatever happened to them?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
Mariner93er
April 28, 2019, 11:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
People act like Hurst is roaming down the street rambling like a mad man. He's asked questions, and he answers them. Considering he's since been a championship manager, I'm sure he's over it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
mimma
April 28, 2019, 3:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Parachute payment didn't exist for teams relegated to the conference when we did. They have only come in recently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
rancido
April 28, 2019, 6:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mimma
Parachute payment didn't exist for teams relegated to the conference when we did. They have only come in recently.

I think you will find they were called " solidarity payments " when we went non-league and  I do believe we got £240,000 for 1 season only.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
pen penfras
April 28, 2019, 7:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from lukeo
The owner and majority share holder has to come out and name his price. Stop all this nonsense, open up, be honest and tell everyone what you are willing to take to walk away.

People who know me know I'm not usually one for this kind of bashing but from what I was told today everything a lot of posters have said about the majority share holder is true... Ex manager at the game today and hes opened up and backed up what a lot of people on here have said about being given no money, genuinely wanted to stay but got given a next to nothing budget and wasn't allowed to offer a contract to a certain player (who is now playing championshipp football!)

I think with a half decent budget MJ will be a decent manager for us and although results arent great at the moment I'm behind him. Utm

Do any other football club owners come out and do this? I can't think of another club where the owner has said the club is up for sale and I want x amount for it. Maybe the clubs in financial ruin that get sold for £1, but that's only because the guy selling has far more invested in loans and wants them back and the sale of the club is to find somebody who guarantees the payback of the loans...

Even if Fenty does come out and say how much he wants, it'll only be used as something else to beat him with. I thought it was common knowledge that he wants his money back, so that's not a difficult number to work out.

As for Hurst, what a bitter little man he is. He was given a budget and had to stick to it, what use is complaining about it years later? I was under the impression that we lost money the first couple of years under Hurst, we certainly didn't make much. Where is the rest of the money that he should have had coming from?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
promotion plaice
April 28, 2019, 7:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Which neatly brings me on to Extreme Leisure....whatever happened to them?

Who knows....maybe they are still involved in delivering the new stadium but us fans get fed little information on how things are going  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
chrissy
April 28, 2019, 8:56pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
What was Hurst doing at the match ?  supporting Town or looking for his next job at County  

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
lukeo
April 28, 2019, 9:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Coming for the grimsby job  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
promotion plaice
April 28, 2019, 9:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from lukeo
Coming for the grimsby job  

Hope so......bring on the red crosses.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
Madeleymariner
April 28, 2019, 9:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from pen penfras

Do any other football club owners come out and do this? I can't think of another club where the owner has said the club is up for sale and I want x amount for it. Maybe the clubs in financial ruin that get sold for £1, but that's only because the guy selling has far more invested in loans and wants them back and the sale of the club is to find somebody who guarantees the payback of the loans...

Even if Fenty does come out and say how much he wants, it'll only be used as something else to beat him with. I thought it was common knowledge that he wants his money back, so that's not a difficult number to work out.

As for Hurst, what a bitter little man he is. He was given a budget and had to stick to it, what use is complaining about it years later? I was under the impression that we lost money the first couple of years under Hurst, we certainly didn't make much. Where is the rest of the money that he should have had coming from?

Port Vale
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Name your price..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.