HertsGTFC
March 17, 2019, 6:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from rancido

The question is ' how much has he put into the club to keep it afloat '? Before I'm accused of being. '
"up JF's bottom " I think he should go but nobody has been prepared to step up to the plate (and I don't think Mike Parker was that committed otherwise he would have stood up to JF  when the situation arose). It seems to me that a lot of "fans " on this site want some kind of "cash cow " on the board so they can watch top quality football as long as they don't have to pay for it.

The word “invested” does not describe what most board members of L2 clubs do when they put money in.

“Invested” tends to suggest you get a return on your money which for L2 clubs is highly unlikely.

Why would we see a change of ownership at 50 points as even though we’re a couple short we’re not going down. New owners would prefer as long as possible to prep for next season.

Bit naughty by CAM in my view but then again you have to keep readers interested.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 119
Ipswin
March 17, 2019, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido

Are you saying that anyone who invests in GTFC is an idiot  and whoever owns the club is just " throwing their money away "?

Errrrr, yes basically and anyone daft enough to invest and then want his money back will be slagged off unmercifully.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 119
arryarryarry
March 17, 2019, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Ipswin

For felicitations sake we are always bitching about how much he is already owed by the club and how it is preventing a sale. If he invests even more that only makes it worse.

We are never going to get some total idiot with more money than sense who is prepared to just throw money away on GTFC, whoever takes over will be no different to Fenty (other than a bit richer perhaps)

Make your mind up please!

I know you sometimes like to come over as a twit but no need to be a dumb fornicator as well.

I'm not bitching about anything, just asking the question is he actually investing in the club this season or not.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 119
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2019, 7:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Errrrr, yes basically and anyone daft enough to invest and then want his money back will be slagged off unmercifully.

It wasn’t an investment remember it was a “loan” two different things but I do agree with you Ipswin don’t put money into a lower league club and expect it back.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 119
chrissy
March 17, 2019, 7:25pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from arryarryarry

I know you sometimes like to come over as a twit but no need to be a dumb fornicator as well.

I'm not bitching about anything, just asking the question is he actually investing in the club this season or not.

Fenty said himself at the Q+ A the board thought he should take the money out as it might be putting off investors.
John's own words.
So at that rate John should have his all his money back in ten years.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 119
golfer
March 17, 2019, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Ipswin

Well that's made my mind up  "I'm not investing-I'm out "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 119
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2019, 7:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chrissy

Fenty said himself at the Q+ A the board thought he should take the money out as it might be putting off investors.
John's own words.
So at that rate John should have his all his money back in ten years.

In reality Marley & Day aren’t going to say anything differently are they?

Maybe we need to relocate to a Town with a 450k+ populalation near a major metropolitan city with public transport infrastructure , no unemployment and a local government that wants to put money into its only local professional sports club.

The Fenty loans don’t help I’m sure but rhe prospect of investing in a club with limited attendance appeal, a decrepit home in a relatively remote deprived location has just as big an impact I’m sure.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 119
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 17, 2019, 7:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Ipswin
I heard that bloke who currently owns Charlton is interested if he can sell Charlton first, hes got loadsa money!

May be some truth in this as current director told my mate there is a very interested party that is London based. Second time he has hinted that the club may be sold so we will just have to wait and see, always a bit of intrigue whenever investment in town is the topic of discussion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 119
Ipswin
March 17, 2019, 8:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

You were, as many do, trying score a point yet again against Fenty by suggesting that he hasn't invested any money in the club this season.

As another poster points out the term 'invest' infers at least a repayment if not a profit which is why I said that no one in his right mind is going to 'invest' in Grimsby Town Football Club

Actually he hasn't 'invested' anything at all in the strictest sense of the word over the years but he has supported the club, as an investor would, by putting a lot of money in, not expecting a profit, but always getting criticism when he simply wants repayment

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 119
Ipswin
March 17, 2019, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

May be some truth in this as current director told my mate there is a very interested party that is London based. Second time he has hinted that the club may be sold so we will just have to wait and see, always a bit of intrigue whenever investment in town is the topic of discussion.

No please! I was just taking the urine after hearing him absolutely torn up for arsepaper on Talksport by the former Palace owner (he's Belgium based anyway thank intercourse)

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › CA Cryptic Comment Conundrum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.