12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
March 20, 2019, 11:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,636
Gold Stars: 147
Good job the fans don’t ask or have the opportunity to get their money back eh...

I’d class them as investors. Not only investing time but money. Some life long.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 119
Swansea_Mariner
March 21, 2019, 8:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
I'm confused what is JF, an investor or benefactor?

He doesn't appear either to me.

As Swin fairly points out investors expect (but here i differ) but more often than not don't get their money back, which essentially how stocks and shares work.

If you make a poor investment decision i.e appointing a manager who gets you relegated, what rational reason do you get for taking your money back when it goes wrong. I can't say well that company I invested in didn't perform as I expected so give me my trade back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 119
lew chaterleys lover
March 21, 2019, 10:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I'm confused what is JF, an investor or benefactor?

He doesn't appear either to me.

As Swin fairly points out investors expect (but here i differ) but more often than not don't get their money back, which essentially how stocks and shares work.

If you make a poor investment decision i.e appointing a manager who gets you relegated, what rational reason do you get for taking your money back when it goes wrong. I can't say well that company I invested in didn't perform as I expected so give me my trade back.

Not only that, what money he has put in has bought him a lot of local recognition. Add to that the ability to showboat in the boardroom, be top man at a distinguished Football League club, with all the opportunity that brings. The fact that he has done sodomist all with it is his fault.

How on earth he can expect his money back is beyond me. That money has been a Godsend to him, or perhaps should have been.

For most of the time he has been in charge it is the fans who have put the money in to keep us afloat, so for basically an initital investment he has been able to sit back and hope for football fortune. It hasn't arrived, due to his mismanagement so now he wants his money back??
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 119
rancido
March 21, 2019, 11:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96

Not only that, what money he has put in has bought him a lot of local recognition. Add to that the ability to showboat in the boardroom, be top man at a distinguished Football League club, with all the opportunity that brings. The fact that he has done sodomist all with it is his fault.

How on earth he can expect his money back is beyond me. That money has been a Godsend to him, or perhaps should have been.

For most of the time he has been in charge it is the fans who have put the money in to keep us afloat, so for basically an initital investment he has been able to sit back and hope for football fortune. It hasn't arrived, due to his mismanagement so now he wants his money back??

So the money JF paid to Ramsden and the £800,000 he paid HMRC ( all incurred prior to his involvement with the club) didn't keep the club afloat? Do you think a whip around from the fans would have raised that amount to keep us afloat?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 119
jamesgtfc
March 21, 2019, 12:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

So the money JF paid to Ramsden and the £800,000 he paid HMRC ( all incurred prior to his involvement with the club) didn't keep the club afloat? Do you think a whip around from the fans would have raised that amount to keep us afloat?

It is also worth pointing out that half of Operation Promotion was contributed by Lee Mullen and his wife.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 119
Davec
March 21, 2019, 12:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It is also worth pointing out that half of Operation Promotion was contributed by Lee Mullen and his wife.

They put in 20K, we raised over 100k so they contributed around a fifth of it, not half
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 119
barralad
March 21, 2019, 12:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm afraid that is not the case. Their extremely generous donation of £20K made them far and away the biggest single donors but it amounted to slightly less than 20% of the total raised.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 119
lew chaterleys lover
March 21, 2019, 2:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

Read it again.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 119
rancido
March 21, 2019, 2:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96

Read it again.

I have . He allowed the situation to exist so the input from the fans could keep the club going. He provided the platform so the club could keep going - £1,175,000 's worth of platform. Do you honestly think if he hadn't put that cash in the club would have survived to be at the level we are now? If the club had been wound up by HMRC and gone into administration we could have easily gone the way of Chester, Darlington and others. Some fans think that administration is a panacea to all the problems and point to other clubs that have come out of it ok but it is a double edged saw and nothing is guaranteed about the outcome.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 119
lew chaterleys lover
March 21, 2019, 3:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I have . He allowed the situation to exist so the input from the fans could keep the club going. He provided the platform so the club could keep going - £1,175,000 's worth of platform. Do you honestly think if he hadn't put that cash in the club would have survived to be at the level we are now? If the club had been wound up by HMRC and gone into administration we could have easily gone the way of Chester, Darlington and others. Some fans think that administration is a panacea to all the problems and point to other clubs that have come out of it ok but it is a double edged saw and nothing is guaranteed about the outcome.

My original post says nothing about what you are arguing against.

I specifically mentioned his intial investment (the money that kept us afloat) so I don't see what your point is. My post was about how he has benefited from that initial investment, and it is obviously a fact that since his tenure the fans have provided most of the funds to keep the club going.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › CA Cryptic Comment Conundrum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.