KingstonMariner
March 22, 2019, 2:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano
can anyone give me a couple of guesstimates please?

a) what our average annual wage bill was in the conference and what it is now
and
b) how much will we have saved by paying up Welsh's contact if we assume he was on £2k p.w.

Sadly I seem to have lost my copies of the annual accounts. There was a website that you could download them all from but it seems to have disappeared.  I'll dig around a bit more.

In any case the wage bill will include non-playing staff.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 119
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2019, 3:12pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Sadly I seem to have lost my copies of the annual accounts. There was a website that you could download them all from but it seems to have disappeared.  I'll dig around a bit more.

In any case the wage bill will include non-playing staff.

Found em!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 119
TheRealJohnLewis
March 22, 2019, 3:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 119
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2019, 4:06pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Fantastic! Right back to 1922.

My spreadsheet is going to be a beast.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 119
arryarryarry
March 22, 2019, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

The club did not loose money whilst in the conference so I presume you mean potential extra earnings which is relative to the costs you pay on wages
Why not go further and say under another chairman we could have been in the Prem so JF cost us 100mil a season

Didn't we lose direct funding from the EFL? and I'm sure that JF said on TV straight after the Burton game that relegation out of the Football League would cost the club £500,000 per season so 6 seasons x £500,000 comes to £3,000,000 by my reckoning but I did go to Hereford School.

Add to that paying off poor managers signed by JF and the hundreds of thousands wasted on failed attempts at a new ground.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 119
Northbank Mariner
March 22, 2019, 6:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from arryarryarry

Didn't we lose direct funding from the EFL? and I'm sure that JF said on TV straight after the Burton game that relegation out of the Football League would cost the club £500,000 per season so 6 seasons x £500,000 comes to £3,000,000 by my reckoning but I did go to Hereford School.

Add to that paying off poor managers signed by JF and the hundreds of thousands wasted on failed attempts at a new ground.

And what's wrong with Hereford school??...first comprehensive school in Grimsby!!..and we had our own swimming pool ..😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 119
Mallyner
March 23, 2019, 11:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Is there anybody out there who can tell me where there is any financial input from the other directors? Somebody worked out how much JF had saved over the years with free this and that at games, but at least he has put his money in.

I can see extremely meagre share holdings but where is the investment from the others, who are no doubt enjoying all the freebies? Especially as the Trust has to stump up is it £30k?

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 119
Ipswin
March 23, 2019, 12:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

.and we had our own swimming pool ..😂

Only so some of the pupils actually got the occasional wash

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 119
arryarryarry
March 23, 2019, 12:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

And what's wrong with Hereford school??...first comprehensive school in Grimsby!!..and we had our own swimming pool ..😂

No use to me I couldn't swim at the time.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 119
RonMariner
March 24, 2019, 10:42am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
Fenty's cash contributions certainly kept the club afloat, and who knows where we would be now without them. He was not responsible for the mess with HMRC. So we should be grateful that he bailed us out when he did. We avoided a Chester, Hereford, Darlington, Stockport situation.

However, we have now seen smaller Lincs clubs Scunthorpe and Lincoln overtake us (in the former case for more than a decade) because they are well run and their board's have invested wisely in players and managers. It involved pumping cash into their clubs. Sadly what investments our board have made have not been as successful.

So despite his best efforts, and I have no doubt that he like all fans wants the best for the club, he has not brought the desired success to the club. I think, therefore, that we need a new person at the helm. Someone with a desire to invest, and fresh ideas about how best to use any incoming funds.

I believe that we have a forward looking manager, and we also have several promising young players already at the club, so the base is there on which to build.

I would hope that some deal could be done to repay some of the loans to JF, possibly staged over several years and possibly linked to success on the pitch, so that they don't prove an insurmountable financial barrier to prospective investors. Some of the loans could be converted into shares so that he would benefit should the financial fortunes of the club improve substantially in the future.

But we should be a L1 club with realistic aspirations to attaining Championship status. We are a long way from that. We need change.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › CA Cryptic Comment Conundrum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.