This thread currently has 9,216 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
H19P1
November 8, 2018, 10:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
I’d like to see a consortium headed up by MJ and his contacts to take control. Might sound completely radical but why the hell not?

Is he our saviour in the boardroom right under our noses?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 105
Ipswin
November 8, 2018, 10:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from H19P1
I’d like to see a consortium headed up by MJ and his contacts to take control. Might sound completely radical but why the hell not?

Is he our saviour in the boardroom right under our noses?

He'd be better in the board room than in the dugout that's for sure but he's financially astute (even if he is a total stranger to football management and tactics) so there's no way he or any of his mates are going to touch GTFC with a bargepole

Daftest idea yet

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 105
H19P1
November 8, 2018, 10:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

He'd be better in the board room than in the dugout that's for sure but he's financially astute (even if he is a total stranger to football management and tactics) so there's no way he or any of his mates are going to touch GTFC with a bargepole

Daftest idea yet

😂 thanks but you never know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 105
ska face
November 8, 2018, 11:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,336
Gold Stars: 820
Can we get over the idea that Jolley is some kind of multi-millionaire City Boy? He spent a couple of years as a junior trader (one of thousands) before jacking it in to train youth teams and students.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 105
H19P1
November 8, 2018, 11:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Can we get over the idea that Jolley is some kind of multi-millionaire City Boy? He spent a couple of years as a junior trader (one of thousands) before jacking it in to train youth teams and students.
I never suggested that he was but maybe he has a circle if friends which are?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 105
Bigdog
November 8, 2018, 11:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Being realistic.. if there was to be an effort to create a fan led consortium, the target figure required to be raised would more likely have to be at least 5m.

JF would want his 1.8m back as a lump sum because he won't trust anyone to get it back for him..

Jf has 927,000 shares. They may not be worth a pound each due to the value of the club as it stands in the accounts but this figure will always be subjective..

If a consortium wants to take control of the club, I'm pretty sure they would have to offer the same deal for the rest of the shares. The amount of shares issued is more than 2.5m from memory..

And then after paying all of that out, what amount would be needed for a boost in working capital to put new plans in place that would result in a big step up from where the club is now? 2m?

And then there's funding for the new stadium to consider..

I'm fairly sure a well-organised fan led consortium could do a lot better for the club and stand a greater chance of engaging the NE Lincs public and procure inward investment, but if any movement came to fruition, it really needs to assess what exactly is required cash wise and have a solid short medium and long term plan to back it up..

Paying JF in stages will be a non-starter and paying off JF's loans and shares up would be the tip of the iceberg if anyone's serious about doing something..

The plan needs to be extremely well funded, credible and sustainable..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 105
H19P1
November 8, 2018, 11:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Some great ideas thrown around here. Does anyone know if the trust takes them away, put onto a spreadsheet for a detailed review and progress further on behalf of the fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 105
Cloudy
November 8, 2018, 11:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I am led to believe that if someone offered JF £1m in cash for his shares and asked him to write off his loans he would do so provided the purchaser could demonstrate he had the money, and will, to move the club forward.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 105
grimsby pete
November 8, 2018, 11:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Bigdog
Being realistic.. if there was to be an effort to create a fan led consortium, the target figure required to be raised would more likely have to be at least 5m.

JF would want his 1.8m back as a lump sum because he won't trust anyone to get it back for him..

Jf has 927,000 shares. They may not be worth a pound each due to the value of the club as it stands in the accounts but this figure will always be subjective..

If a consortium wants to take control of the club, I'm pretty sure they would have to offer the same deal for the rest of the shares. The amount of shares issued is more than 2.5m from memory..

And then after paying all of that out, what amount would be needed for a boost in working capital to put new plans in place that would result in a big step up from where the club is now? 2m?

And then there's funding for the new stadium to consider..

I'm fairly sure a well-organised fan led consortium could do a lot better for the club and stand a greater chance of engaging the NE Lincs public and procure inward investment, but if any movement came to fruition, it really needs to assess what exactly is required cash wise and have a solid short medium and long term plan to back it up..

Paying JF in stages will be a non-starter and paying off JF's loans and shares up would be the tip of the iceberg if anyone's serious about doing something..

The plan needs to be extremely well funded, credible and sustainable..

Very good post sorry I can not give ticks out,

So one of us will have to win £50million + on the lottery then or else we are stuck with him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 105
jock dock tower
November 8, 2018, 11:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from ska face

Clearly not.

This whole thread, as well as giving me a good laugh through the day, has been an exercise in trying to focus everyone’s mind on the key issue at the moment - Fenty claims he’s desperate to get out, but shows absolutely no signs of doing so.

It’s a similar approach to how the club sells match tickets. Assume people know what’s going on, assume people are falling over themselves to buy one, don’t really give anyone a reason to do so and just hope for the best. The Field of Dreams approach doesn’t work for us.

If you’ve got something to aim for, you might just start to move in the right direction. Otherwise it’s a load of blind people fumbling around in the dark.

So, to conclude, Fenty - name your price.

It's exactly the same situationas Newcastle where Ashley always states on record he wants to sell but then does absolutely nothing about it.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty - Name Your Price

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.