11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
November 7, 2018, 6:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,606
Gold Stars: 840
Simple as that. If the club’s up for sale and you want out - name your price publicly.

Obviously flipping through your Rolodex isn’t getting you anywhere in finding a buyer.

Name your price, get it on the front of the Telegraph and stick it in big letters on the website.

How much for you to cut all ties with the club? No more bullshit, no more obfuscation - give us a number.

Private Message
dapperz fun pub
November 7, 2018, 7:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,905
Gold Stars: 82
I’d assume his price is the loans he’s put in ? Close to 2 million isn’t it ...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 105
golfer
November 7, 2018, 7:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
I don't think he could name a price. Any amount would surely be negotiable. It's not like going into a shop and buying a loaf of bread .. I can't in a million years see J.S.F. just walking away and leaving the Club to the wolves. If anybody thinks he hasn't done what he thinks was right for the club[whether right or wrong ]  they must live in cloud cuckoo land. Whether he gets his loans back in full or not I think he will do all he can to keep this club afloat.Of course egoism comes into it,of course it's been his play thing but does he deserve to take all of the vile abuse thrown his way over the years
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 105
ska face
November 7, 2018, 7:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,606
Gold Stars: 840
Well that’s exactly it - nobody knows what he wants, what the price is and what his terms are. It’s all guesswork.

Does he want all his loans back? How much for his share holding? Will he leave completely or will he want some involvement down the line?

No transparency from a man supposedly desperate to get out.

Name your price, JSF.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 105
Northbank Mariner
November 7, 2018, 8:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from golfer
I don't think he could name a price. Any amount would surely be negotiable. It's not like going into a shop and buying a loaf of bread .. I can't in a million years see J.S.F. just walking away and leaving the Club to the wolves. If anybody thinks he hasn't done what he thinks was right for the club[whether right or wrong ]  they must live in cloud cuckoo land. Whether he gets his loans back in full or not I think he will do all he can to keep this club afloat.Of course egoism comes into it,of course it's been his play thing but does he deserve to take all of the vile abuse thrown his way over the years

Honestly??..yes he does, he has failed the fans, failed the fortunes of the club and stalled any forward progression...16 years of awful football, cheap back of the cupboard squads, a ground that needs more love and attention than my missus and yet he still sits there thinking he's done right by the club....we have had 2 investors who have walked away because of his bloody mindedness, that to me says he deserves all the criticism that is aired in his direction!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 105
1mickylyons
November 7, 2018, 9:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
If he really wants out I will give him a £1 for his shares. That`s the best offer you are going to get John so take it and leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 105
KingstonMariner
November 7, 2018, 9:39am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 1mickylyons
If he really wants out I will give him a £1 for his shares. That`s the best offer you are going to get John so take it and leave.

I’ll outbid you. £2. But that includes writing off the loans.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 105
moosey_club
November 7, 2018, 9:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ska face
Well that’s exactly it - nobody knows what he wants, what the price is and what his terms are. It’s all guesswork.

Does he want all his loans back? How much for his share holding? Will he leave completely or will he want some involvement down the line?

No transparency from a man supposedly desperate to get out.

Name your price, JSF.

Anyone remotely interested will have found out what the price and probably more important the terms are...he isn't going publicly name them is he as that would weaken his hand.
Tom male private and Harry on here asking isn't realistic.
Wider publicity may help flush out potential buyers but realistically we are a backwater club...in a deprived area...which needs a huge overall...with a proven fanbase of no more than 5000 over the last 20-30 yes

I think any potential "dragon" would be out so it's down to one..two..three..four of those emotionally tied 5000 to step forward.
I would think the wealthiest of the 5000 have already had a spell at the club at some point,JF, Ramsden, Parker, Huxford all traditional businessman who have chucked money at it.
Don't know who else maybe in the local rich list..Dyson ex Chartdale (?) but no idea if he is a fan......after that I am stumped.
Ross isn't a Town fan but is a clever businessman...too clever to take on a money pit like GTFC in its current state.
Anyone know of a new generation of rich kids in the area ?

A new ground would help the potential sale I am sure but looks like that isn't going to be happening anytime soon

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 105
Cloudy
November 7, 2018, 9:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from moosey_club

Anyone remotely interested will have found out what the price and probably more important the terms are...he isn't going publicly name them is he as that would weaken his hand.
Tom male private and Harry on here asking isn't realistic.
Wider publicity may help flush out potential buyers but realistically we are a backwater club...in a deprived area...which needs a huge overall...with a proven fanbase of no more than 5000 over the last 20-30 yes

I think any potential "dragon" would be out so it's down to one..two..three..four of those emotionally tied 5000 to step forward.
I would think the wealthiest of the 5000 have already had a spell at the club at some point,JF, Ramsden, Parker, Huxford all traditional businessman who have chucked money at it.
Don't know who else maybe in the local rich list..Dyson ex Chartdale (?) but no idea if he is a fan......after that I am stumped.
Ross isn't a Town fan but is a clever businessman...too clever to take on a money pit like GTFC in its current state.
Anyone know of a new generation of rich kids in the area ?

A new ground would help the potential sale I am sure but looks like that isn't going to be happening anytime soon

I get your point BUT Huxford never chucked any money in. His advice in business is always to use money other than your own!!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 105
golfer
November 7, 2018, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Reading the last post  "Are you sure you are not J.S.F. " He couldn't have put it better.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 105
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty - Name Your Price

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.