ska face
November 7, 2018, 10:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from moosey_club

Anyone remotely interested will have found out what the price and probably more important the terms are...he isn't going publicly name them is he as that would weaken his hand.
Tom male private and Harry on here asking isn't realistic.
Wider publicity may help flush out potential buyers but realistically we are a backwater club...in a deprived area...which needs a huge overall...with a proven fanbase of no more than 5000 over the last 20-30 yes

I think any potential "dragon" would be out so it's down to one..two..three..four of those emotionally tied 5000 to step forward.
I would think the wealthiest of the 5000 have already had a spell at the club at some point,JF, Ramsden, Parker, Huxford all traditional businessman who have chucked money at it.
Don't know who else maybe in the local rich list..Dyson ex Chartdale (?) but no idea if he is a fan......after that I am stumped.
Ross isn't a Town fan but is a clever businessman...too clever to take on a money pit like GTFC in its current state.
Anyone know of a new generation of rich kids in the area ?

A new ground would help the potential sale I am sure but looks like that isn't going to be happening anytime soon

Just more assumption, more guesswork, more writing off hypothetical situations. Is it too hard to go one step at a time? That’s the problem with this club at times, nobody can point to the single problem and work out one solution, so it just becomes a deluge of “it can’t be done” when nobody really knows what “it” is.

Assuming people know the club is openly for sale - why? How would any potential buyer know the club is inviting offers? The only mention it’s had is one line deep into a rambling statement about something irrelevant, and a brief mention as an afterthought at a fans’ forum attended by about 50 people. What, to an outsider, gives the impression that the club is up for sale?

Why bother guessing about the financial state of 5000 fans who you don’t know, plus an infinite number of other people who may want to be involved at some point? Absolute waste of time.

In about 250 words you’ve gone from justifying the secretive nature at the boardroom to writing off any potential investor, in the town and on the planet, and then wrote off a new stadium that isn’t even being planned. Just...slow down ffs.

Fenty - name your price. That’s all.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 105
grimsby pete
November 7, 2018, 11:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
What he could do is give the trust the 250,000 shares back he took off them,

For the other approx. 1.200000 shares he has he should tell us they are all for sale,

Then broadcast internationally  this great historic club is for sale for £2 million,

Most of his personal shares would be snapped up by the fans IF by buying some they will know he is leaving our great club.

Not sure if my maths is correct ( old age ) but if you divide his shares by say 4,000 fans that would mean we would only have to pay less than £350  each to get rid of him. I know not fans all are in a position to forked out that amount but a few would be able to buy a lot more.

He could test the water and ask for letters of intent from us fans to see how many we could afford to buy and like Brexit  nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

Obviously if the new owner wanted to buy   his shares as well as paying him his £2 million we would  agree to that.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 105
golfer
November 7, 2018, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Pete-be serious. How many on here would fork out £350 for shares in a company thats worth fk. all. The only chance we have of getting a new owner is if some millionaire  Chinaman goes off his rocker and buys his son a plaything P.S. do you think there are 5000 people in Grimsby who have got 350 reddies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 105
Paris Mariner
November 7, 2018, 11:29am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from golfer
Pete-be serious. How many on here would fork out £350 for shares in a company thats worth fk. all. The only chance we have of getting a new owner is if some millionaire  Chinaman goes off his rocker and buys his son a plaything P.S. do you think there are 5000 people in Grimsby who have got 350 reddies

I would pay £350 for a one share, one vote ownership system. I think we could get 5,000 Town fans to do that.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 105
grimsby pete
November 7, 2018, 11:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from golfer

I did say not everyone of 4,000 would be able to afford £350 but several business men could buy a thousand or more if Fenty had gone.

I know several on here who could afford a bit more as well which includes OC, YOU and me.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 105
Paris Mariner
November 7, 2018, 11:37am
Main Stander
Quoted from grimsby pete
What he could do is give the trust the 250,000 shares back he took off them,

For the other approx. 1.200000 shares he has he should tell us they are all for sale,

Then broadcast internationally  this great historic club is for sale for £2 million,

Most of his personal shares would be snapped up by the fans IF by buying some they will know he is leaving our great club.

Not sure if my maths is correct ( old age ) but if you divide his shares by say 4,000 fans that would mean we would only have to pay less than £350  each to get rid of him. I know not fans all are in a position to forked out that amount but a few would be able to buy a lot more.

He could test the water and ask for letters of intent from us fans to see how many we could afford to buy and like Brexit  nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

Obviously if the new owner wanted to buy   his shares as well as paying him his £2 million we would  agree to that.

I put a twitter poll out to see how many - percentage wise - people would be willing to invest £350 in exchange for a fan owned club with one member, one vote policy. Cast your votes! via https://twitter.com/nousrembobinons/status/1060132835858833408

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 105
Paris Mariner
November 7, 2018, 11:37am
Main Stander
Quoted from Paris Mariner

I put a twitter poll out to see how many - percentage wise - people would be willing to invest £350 in exchange for a fan owned club with one member, one vote policy. Cast your votes! via https://twitter.com/nousrembobinons/status/1060132835858833408

Aplogies for not crediting you with the idea Pete.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 105
Roast Em Bobby
November 7, 2018, 11:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from ska face

Just more assumption, more guesswork, more writing off hypothetical situations. Is it too hard to go one step at a time? That’s the problem with this club at times, nobody can point to the single problem and work out one solution, so it just becomes a deluge of “it can’t be done” when nobody really knows what “it” is.

Assuming people know the club is openly for sale - why? How would any potential buyer know the club is inviting offers? The only mention it’s had is one line deep into a rambling statement about something irrelevant, and a brief mention as an afterthought at a fans’ forum attended by about 50 people. What, to an outsider, gives the impression that the club is up for sale?

Why bother guessing about the financial state of 5000 fans who you don’t know, plus an infinite number of other people who may want to be involved at some point? Absolute waste of time.

In about 250 words you’ve gone from justifying the secretive nature at the boardroom to writing off any potential investor, in the town and on the planet, and then wrote off a new stadium that isn’t even being planned. Just...slow down ffs.

Fenty - name your price. That’s all.

But surely everyone of the 5000 town fans already knows the club has been up for sale for ages and anyone with the wealth/interest would have inquired directly with Fenty? Whether the board have done enough to try to sell the club to non-town fans/business people either nationally or international is doubtful, but I don't think a front page telegraph headline of "Town for Sale £XXXXX" is going to do intercourse all to suddenly find a local buyer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 105
psgmariner
November 7, 2018, 11:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from golfer

I would and know others who would but 5,000 like minded nutters seems very ambitious.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 105
Cloudy
November 7, 2018, 11:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
The club is a PLC, are you suggesting we dissolve the current business and then set up a new one with 5000 shares of £350??

The PLC malarky is hugely complicated and not something that can be resolved simply or without significant cost.

JF seems to value the PLC status as Grimsby's only locally based PLC but the rules with it are extremely restrictive & complicated
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty - Name Your Price

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.