11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 7, 2018, 1:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Meza
What about setting up a crowd funder to buy out JF.... Might take a few years mind.

What would be the target amount?
£1m, £2m, £3m???

Would he sell to a fans group? I doubt it tbh as he has always said he wants any buyer to be able to demonstrate they can take the club forward. Sounds a bit of an excuse not to sell to me
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 105
Cloudy
November 7, 2018, 1:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Meza
What about setting up a crowd funder to buy out JF.... Might take a few years mind.

£1m, £2m, £3m???

Would he sell to a fans group? I doubt it tbh as he has always said he wants any buyer to be able to demonstrate they can take the club forward. Sounds a bit of an excuse not to sell to me
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 105
lew chaterleys lover
November 7, 2018, 2:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Surely the only way to force the issue is to stop attending the games?

I know it would be hard to stomach, but nothing else will work.

If he (Fenty) wishes to use his own money as loans to make up the shortfall in the vain hope he will recoup it one day, then good luck to him.

It is the fans who are keeping this club alive; we actually have enormous power if we could harness it.

The only downside to this plan is that he has already got the season ticket money, but even so, a mass boycott would perhaps be the tipping point.

If we carry on like this attendances will go down anyway, but then Fenty will change the manager and start all over again. Better to boycott BP till he responds.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 105
grimsby pete
November 7, 2018, 2:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Surely the only way to force the issue is to stop attending the games?

I know it would be hard to stomach, but nothing else will work.

If he (Fenty) wishes to use his own money as loans to make up the shortfall in the vain hope he will recoup it one day, then good luck to him.

It is the fans who are keeping this club alive; we actually have enormous power if we could harness it.

The only downside to this plan is that he has already got the season ticket money, but even so, a mass boycott would perhaps be the tipping point.

If we carry on like this attendances will go down anyway, but then Fenty will change the manager and start all over again. Better to boycott BP till he responds.

75% of the fans that are attending at the moment are STH so it will have very little effect I am afraid,

BUT

If we  have no upturn in the new year or even worse relegation,

Then I can see loads of STH not renewing the only reason a lot did renew this season was Jolley got all our hopes up towards the end of last season.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 105
Ipswin
November 7, 2018, 2:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cloudy

£1m, £2m, £3m???

Sounds a bit of an excuse not to sell to me

Don't be too upset, it's not just you I don't think he would sell to me either, or to any of us for that matter  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 105
diehardmariner
November 7, 2018, 2:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,602
Gold Stars: 538
Unfortunately I agree with those who say the only way of forcing Fenty out is by voting with feet.

The club is not for sale, it's another line by Fenty that some people continue to buy - hook, line and sinker.  
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 105
Ipswin
November 7, 2018, 2:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from diehardmariner
Unfortunately I agree with those who say the only way of forcing Fenty out is by voting with feet.

The club is not for sale, it's another line by Fenty that some people continue to buy - hook, line and sinker.  

I believe technically it is for sale to try to placate us as much as anything but of course I think he realises no one is going to buy it.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 105
golfer
November 7, 2018, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
We could have a raffle-200K @ £10 a go and the winner[loser] would be the owner of gtfc. He would naturally be guarantor at the bank-perhaps lending the club benign loans [with no interest charges ] in our hour of need. Who wants my £20 -I'll have 2 please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 105
bluerose13x
November 7, 2018, 2:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Dear John.  

I'll give you a fiver and a mars bar to clear off, which is about the right sort of value for the club after you've destroyed it.

Thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 105
Dan
November 7, 2018, 2:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
What a stupid thread, a load of bored retirees thinking they can club together to buy out JF. Not only is it never going to happen, nor should it. No one one here has any idea how to run the club. I mean I'm not sure that JF does either, but at least there's only one of him.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty - Name Your Price

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.