November 7, 2018, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from ska face
*drags hand across face*

Look, you’re all getting ahead of yourselves with the takeover plans.

We all agree that the club can be run infinitely better than it currently is.
We all know that Fenty wants out and to hand over to someone who’ll do a better job than him.

What we don’t know is what it’s going to take to get that ball rolling. We’re effectivly all being held hostage, it would be nice to know the ransom being demanded.

Now, Mr Fenty, if you’d be so kind - the price.  

Agree with you completely but a Trust approach would seem more likely to get a response. If it is framed as 'what would it take to sell to the Trust or another supporter based body then how can he not provide an answer. It's easy to ignore a thread on The Fishy.

I've read in the past week that he's written off his loans etc but that clearly wasn't the case for the 200k he recouped last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 105
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2018, 7:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from drbell

The problem is that such a takeover would still require many key people in key roles. Do we have sufficient fans with the business, finance, hr, football etc skills and time to keep the club in business, never mind to improve it.

Would I pay my bit to help the club, definitely. Would I force out a man who has at least kept us in business for all these years, without us having a plan that ensures we have the skills and resources to move forward? Never. It could end the club we love and it would be our fault.

Ska is absolutely right - without a price, it's all conjecture.

However, to answer the point, there are many, many sound business people that are fans of GTFC with far more business acumen than selling fish - the same as there are at many fans' run clubs and many of them are members of the Mariners Trust.

Add to that, they would work with collective responsibility and in bold and underlined - THEY WOULD BE TRULY ANSWERABLE TO THE BOARD
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 105
moosey_club
November 7, 2018, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,210
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ska face
*drags hand across face*

Look, you’re all getting ahead of yourselves with the takeover plans.

We all agree that the club can be run infinitely better than it currently is.
We all know that Fenty wants out and to hand over to someone who’ll do a better job than him.

What we don’t know is what it’s going to take to get that ball rolling. We’re effectivly all being held hostage, it would be nice to know the ransom being demanded.

Now, Mr Fenty, if you’d be so kind - the price.  

Just go and ask him Ska......or are you seriously expecting him to come on here and post the magic number ? He has publicly stated on more than one occassion he is open to discussions with serious parties so contact him or the club through official channels and ask.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 105
fishboyUTM
November 7, 2018, 7:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from ska face
Simple as that. If the club’s up for sale and you want out - name your price publicly.

Obviously flipping through your Rolodex isn’t getting you anywhere in finding a buyer.

Name your price, get it on the front of the Telegraph and stick it in big letters on the website.

How much for you to cut all ties with the club? No more bullshit, no more obfuscation - give us a number.

Absolutely, I've been calling for him to name his price publicly for a long time now. He has to go, we've pretty much all had more than enough of him. Any good will is long gone. We should all rise and force him out, we've been far far too pleasant. Public protests are in order, get him out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 105
drbell
November 7, 2018, 7:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Ska is absolutely right - without a price, it's all conjecture.

However, to answer the point, there are many, many sound business people that are fans of GTFC with far more business acumen than selling fish - the same as there are at many fans' run clubs and many of them are members of the Mariners Trust.

Add to that, they would work with collective responsibility and in bold and underlined - THEY WOULD BE TRULY ANSWERABLE TO THE BOARD

There isn't a single price. That's the point. There might be a number to 'get rid of Fenty' as seems to be the desire, but even that is going to be complex and in need of long negotiations and agreements. But that's not the price to maintain and run this club. Someone mentions paying for a businessman to lead things. Do people have any idea of the expected salary of a decent businessman for a large, publically known business! And most of the improvements people suggest won't initially come for free, so there will need to be a large initial outlay on top to make a difference. Realistically for real change we need the new stadium so throw in however many millions that will need to get the project off the ground.
Don't get me wrong, I'd reach into my pocket for a share if such an approach looked like the best way forward, but there needs to be business and financial town fans leading anything like this, and I'm not sure the individuals with the time, skills and commitment exist.

Finally does anyone really believe that people genuinely interested in investing in a UK football club wouldn't do their research and be aware of the state of all clubs in their target range.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 105
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2018, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from drbell

There isn't a single price. That's the point. There might be a number to 'get rid of Fenty' as seems to be the desire, but even that is going to be complex and in need of long negotiations and agreements. But that's not the price to maintain and run this club. Someone mentions paying for a businessman to lead things. Do people have any idea of the expected salary of a decent businessman for a large, publically known business! And most of the improvements people suggest won't initially come for free, so there will need to be a large initial outlay on top to make a difference. Realistically for real change we need the new stadium so throw in however many millions that will need to get the project off the ground.
Don't get me wrong, I'd reach into my pocket for a share if such an approach looked like the best way forward, but there needs to be business and financial town fans leading anything like this, and I'm not sure the individuals with the time, skills and commitment exist.

Finally does anyone really believe that people genuinely interested in investing in a UK football club wouldn't do their research and be aware of the state of all clubs in their target range.

Look at the Newport model - several local businessmen applying their skill sets for free.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 105
Abdul19
November 7, 2018, 8:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Can't someone just ask Ascend to drop him a PM?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 105
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2018, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
Can't someone just ask Ascend to drop him a PM?

Or ask Rob to drop him one to one of his various aliases?
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 105
louth_in_the_south
November 7, 2018, 8:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Cloudy

What would be the target amount?
£1m, £2m, £3m???

Would he sell to a fans group? I doubt it tbh as he has always said he wants any buyer to be able to demonstrate they can take the club forward. Sounds a bit of an excuse not to sell to me

Yeah because he’s done a really good job of taking the club forward ...

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 105
ska face
November 7, 2018, 8:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from moosey_club

Just go and ask him Ska......or are you seriously expecting him to come on here and post the magic number ?.

Clearly not.

This whole thread, as well as giving me a good laugh through the day, has been an exercise in trying to focus everyone’s mind on the key issue at the moment - Fenty claims he’s desperate to get out, but shows absolutely no signs of doing so.

It’s a similar approach to how the club sells match tickets. Assume people know what’s going on, assume people are falling over themselves to buy one, don’t really give anyone a reason to do so and just hope for the best. The Field of Dreams approach doesn’t work for us.

If you’ve got something to aim for, you might just start to move in the right direction. Otherwise it’s a load of blind people fumbling around in the dark.

So, to conclude, Fenty - name your price.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty - Name Your Price

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.