This thread currently has 11,981 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 15, 2018, 9:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
We had 14 points from 11 games last season at the end of September and a GD of -4. We have 5 from 8 now and -10 GD. We have to win the next 3 games to equal last season's effort, yet everyone says we are definitely a better team  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 72
denni266
September 15, 2018, 9:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
What beats me is how a financial banker or what ever..with a few , what seem to be useless badges can tell seasoned  so called pro footballers how to play, Its like a gas man telling me how to re wire a house , His  experiance is virtually nil  and will be seen as just that by the players.. some have said that he has lost the dressing room and players are not doing as he says,, am beginning to wonder if he ever had it this season. Its showed through in todays interview that he didnt realy know what to say , and i dont think for one minute he knows what to do
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 72
sapper mariner
September 15, 2018, 9:18pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
just watched the interview. Can talk without saying alot

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 72
GrimRob
September 15, 2018, 9:19pm

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 23 - 72
HertsGTFC
September 15, 2018, 9:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from denni266
What beats me is how a financial banker or what ever..with a few , what seem to be useless badges can tell seasoned  so called pro footballers how to play, Its like a gas man telling me how to re wire a house , His  experiance is virtually nil  and will be seen as just that by the players.. some have said that he has lost the dressing room and players are not doing as he says,, am beginning to wonder if he ever had it this season. Its showed through in todays interview that he didnt realy know what to say , and i dont think for one minute he knows what to do

I take it when you say "some" that refers to people who are not in and around the dressing room? The "useless badges" are internationally recognized and according to most former pros or experienced managers really difficult to earn.  

Ask yourself this are you a supporter or a fan? If it's the former then do what you do best get behind the manager and the side if it's the latter carry on getting on the backs of people who will be working really hard to get things right.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 72
GrimRob
September 15, 2018, 9:29pm

Quoted from denni266

He's proved himself and worked his way up to get to consideration for this job. I have a lot more respect for people like him (and Slade) who weren't pro-footballers and have had to prove themselves working their way up through the leagues. Just because someone was good at kicking a football and can talk knowledgeably in front of a camera doesn't mean they have mastered the art of management (e.g. Gary Neville).

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 25 - 72
denni266
September 15, 2018, 9:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I take it when you say "some" that refers to people who are not in and around the dressing room? The "useless badges" are internationally recognized and according to most former pros or experienced managers really difficult to earn.  

Ask yourself this are you a supporter or a fan? If it's the former then do what you do best get behind the manager and the side if it's the latter carry on getting on the backs of people who will be working really hard to get things right.

1 yes been said on here a few times,
2  Supporter ? if you mean someone that has been going since before they put the current floodlights up  then yes....and i dont doubt for one minute that people are working hard to put things right, just it is plain that it is not working and all these badges are as much use as putting an ashtray on my motorbike .....
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 72
Swansea_Mariner
September 15, 2018, 9:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from denni266

By this logic managers like José Mourinho  and Roy Hodgson would by excrement while Paul Gascoigne would be managing Barcelona.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 72
petethemariner
September 15, 2018, 10:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Why o Why o Why do we persist leaving no  one up  when we concede a corner? Personally this infuriates me, its just nonsense!, i played long  enough to know if you leave one up, your opponents will bring two back, if you leave no one up
you have no outlet and the ball comes straight  back, not rocket  science Mr Jolley, you are no better than that idiot Slade in that respect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 72
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2018, 10:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
We had 14 points from 11 games last season at the end of September and a GD of -4. We have 5 from 8 now and -10 GD. We have to win the next 3 games to equal last season's effort, yet everyone says we are definitely a better team  

Interesting fact Rob.

Trouble is last season we got rid of our best players mid-season. Although we were already on the downward slope that made it irreversible.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.