8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
September 18, 2018, 4:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
I re-watched the first half of the Oldham game again last night and we played pretty well and more half chances than I initially remembered. I know we are not scoring but I really do think our fortunes will turn around once Thomas gets a run of games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 72
Northbank Mariner
September 18, 2018, 4:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I re-watched the first half of the Oldham game again last night and we played pretty well and more half chances than I initially remembered. I know we are not scoring but I really do think our fortunes will turn around once Thomas gets a run of games.

That was the general consensus of most fans, losing cook disrupted our pressing game even though I expected Vernham to take on that role as a like for like substitution for cook.
It's getting the ball to Thomas that's the problem, I have no doubt if he gets the ball in a decent position he'll knock them in...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 72
MarinerMal
September 19, 2018, 2:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from davmariner
Three dreadful performances already this season (FGR, Bury and Oldham). I’m not sure I can remember a poorer start to the season than this.

Realise this will be an unpopular view but I don’t buy this nonsense that Jolley is the saviour or prodigal son. His interviews are terrible. He rolls out the same old tired cliches and waffles on without saying anything.

The team looks unfit, yet he’s brought in all these extra coaches and quite frankly put together an inadequate pre season schedule, which is strange given how much he goes on about players needing match practice before playing first team.

He has no clear structure, players playing all over the place and has a defence that can’t defend and a frontline that can’t score. He’s playing Jordan Cook as the main forward, a player who has previously never had a prolonged run as a striker at any of his previous clubs (because he isn’t one). Poor Harry Clifton has played in four positions so far this season, because he has ‘energy’. What a load of nonsense.

If this were Hurst, Bignot or Slade they’d be crucified.

Jolley is a bullshitter I’m afraid, and I fear that when we finally realise he’s playing at being a manager, the damage will have been done.

Most of what you are saying is just your perception you are mistaking for fact and getting yourself all worked up about it.

It's still 8 games. Yes, at times, I agree we still look like a team waiting to gel.... but it's still only 8 games.

I think the fixture list has been a little unkind to us. Let's see how the next few games go. A win could do wonders for us and the team could look very different with a bit of confidence.

I'm not saying your opinions are wrong, it's just too early to make any assertions just yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.