Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 201 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,749 views. Print
79 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
August 30, 2018, 1:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from barralad

Certainly in the past this has been the case but I've been told recently that there has been a significant softening of their stance as evidenced by their willingness to commit to the kasbah scheme. Apparently they have a new chief exec. (Whether that is local or nationally I don't know).

They might have " softened " their attitude but ABP are not the only ones putting money in and they still own the land.
I once worked for ICI at the ammonia plant on Immingham docks. ICI were only allowed to lease the land from ABP and when the plant became redundant ICI had to bear the cost of clearing the site from all the structures. More recently you had the situation over the "Killingholme Triangle " where ABP fought "tooth and nail" to prevent ABLE UK from acquiring the land.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 789
rancido
August 30, 2018, 1:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from realist
Nandos is garbage. Thank god they didn't come here. Lets aspire to better

Maybe it's your personal opinion about Nandos but the fact remains that they are a successful widespread food chain and they appeal to a growing section of the public. I, personally, don't like McDonalds but I can see their appeal and I would imagine the one near BP has bumper days when town are at home. Outside MK Dons stadium there was a whole row of fast food outlets and all must be doing ok otherwise they wouldn't be there. Obviously there are other attractions in the immediate vicinity but that is a major point when it comes down to a football ground location.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 789
1mickylyons
August 30, 2018, 1:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from realist

During the coaltion we saw massive improvements throughout the borough. I have asked the current opposition cojncillors to forget their differences and unite again but they would sooner see the town ruined than do something positive

What where the massive improvements realist? They should come together for the greater good I totally agree irrespective of party they are supposed to do what`s best for the people of the Town.The two local MP`s also annoy me again one Labour one Tory they need to be involved to raise the bar.At this rate we will still be bleating about the lack of ground in another 30 year`s.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 789
grimsby pete
August 30, 2018, 1:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,825
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad

Certainly in the past this has been the case but I've been told recently that there has been a significant softening of their stance as evidenced by their willingness to commit to the kasbah scheme. Apparently they have a new chief exec. (Whether that is local or nationally I don't know).

Ian as a member of the Trust board could you inform us of any movement at Peakes Parkway,

OR

Has he who must be obeyed told the trust to say nothing.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 789
ska face
August 30, 2018, 1:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
It’s not for the Trust to make statements on behalf of the club and Extreme.
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 789
grimsby pete
August 30, 2018, 2:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,825
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ska face
It’s not for the Trust to make statements on behalf of the club and Extreme.

It was only a question Ska if they are keeping quiet for any reason maybe the Trust could enlighten the fans of the problem,

That's if there is a problem,

There might not be a problem,

BUT

Until somebody who knows tells us this thread could go on to Christmas.

Next year

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 789
Wrawby_Mariner
August 30, 2018, 2:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

Ian as a member of the Trust board could you inform us of any movement at Peakes Parkway,

OR

Has he who must be obeyed told the trust to say nothing.

I think thats a little unfair to be honest Pete.

I don't think it's the trusts news to announce. Do the Trust board even know whats going on? Probably not.

Until there is anything concrete either way I personally think it's best nobody says anything. There has been so many disappointments over the past 10 20 years that we really don't need another.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 236 - 789
ska face
August 30, 2018, 2:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
The Trust is a body to represent the views of fans.

The club are the ones supposedly building a new ground.

It is not for the fans to update themselves on the progress of a project being run by the club. You might as well ask the Trust for an update on Saturday’s ticket sales and the first team injury situation.
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 789
1mickylyons
August 30, 2018, 2:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
The MT have been asked to seek any new information regarding PP and they were awaiting feedback Pete.A nothing answer but the truth in so much I asked the same question and received that answer a few weeks back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 789
diehardmariner
August 30, 2018, 2:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The MT have been asked to seek any new information regarding PP and they were awaiting feedback Pete.A nothing answer but the truth in so much I asked the same question and received that answer a few weeks back.

When you say seek any new information I presume you mean fans views etc. rather than information from the developers, land owners, council?
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 789
79 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.