Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 150 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,772 views. Print
79 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
September 6, 2018, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Bigdog

That is the vision we need. We or most of us would be very happy with that. Years ago I hoped it might be truly stunning by the dockside but that was before the flats were earmarked for the chop,but this would still be great,and a fitting tribute to our town. Is there anyone able to make it happen though - I don't think the present board seem to have the necessary nous or money sadly.
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 789
Ipswin
September 6, 2018, 2:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

I don't think the present board seem to have the necessary nous or money sadly.

I don't think the present board have the will quite frankly, for all the brave 'new stadium' bullshit.

They are actually quite happy just to bumble along season to season at BP making the right noises about it (not unlike the 'we are looking for a suitable offer to take over the club' balderdash) and only appearing enthusiastic about a new ground when the periodical moans, groans and questions come in from the fans.

The lack of any update whatsoever about Peakes Parkway(or interest in issuing one) is evidence of this - Fenty appears to have lost his voice.

It will never happen due to as much to the board's attitude as that of the NELC

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 789
malkamalka
September 6, 2018, 3:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete
I wonder how many years the Uni will have to wait for the plans to be drawn up excepted and building in use,

20, 30yars ?

It's actually NOT Grimsby University, it's The University Centre, based at Grimsby College. It's an off shoot of Hull Uni.

The Music department’s programmes are nestled within the Faculty of Digital and Creative Arts in the Grimsby School of Art that is over 120 years old. Their multi-million pound new premises boast some of the most up-to-date industry-standard facilities in the area. Students come from all walks of life. Starting from the Music and Performing Arts courses at Level 1, all the way through to their flagship degree programmes (validated by the University of Hull) in Music Production and Popular Music Performance.

I've been invited to a guided tour next week.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 789
Father Christmas
September 6, 2018, 4:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
flipping music degree 🔫

We need tradesmen.

No more art, music, psychology or drama. Make Britain great again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 789
golfer
September 6, 2018, 9:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Hooper used to be an actor-he always played the part of a goal scorer- he wasn't a very good actor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 789
KingstonMariner
September 6, 2018, 10:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Father Christmas
flipping music degree 🔫

We need tradesmen.

The arts are a big export earner for this country.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 789
HackneyHaddock
September 6, 2018, 10:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Father Christmas
flipping music degree 🔫

We need tradesmen.

What a backward attitude.  Britain's growth industries at the moment are in the creative and technical sectors, which need a balance of skills and experience.  We're world leaders in exporting our culture, music and art.  The financial and technology companies among my clients spend lots of money hiring people with an understanding of psychology, creativity and technical skills.

There's room for all sorts!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 789
Bigdog
September 7, 2018, 12:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Interesting interviews on Radio Humberside this morning. Councillor Wheatley said that the council have been trying to steer GTFC towards a location away from Peaks Parkway for the past six months without any success. Nigel Lowther was also on and spoke a lot of good honest sense. Burnsy trying to get JF on air asap to hear the club's current position re the new stadium..

https://twitter.com/nigellowther
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 789
NorthseaMariner
September 7, 2018, 12:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
It just goes on and on. I’m resided to no stadium being built and just ignore all these pipedreams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 789
Grim74
September 7, 2018, 12:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Bigdog
Interesting interviews on Radio Humberside this morning. Councillor Wheatley said that the council have been trying to steer GTFC towards a location away from Peaks Parkway for the past six months without any success. Nigel Lowther was also on and spoke a lot of good honest sense. Burnsy trying to get JF on air asap to hear the club's current position re the new stadium..

https://twitter.com/nigellowther

Heard this also sounds like the council would be willing to work with the club but the clubs not playing ball. Listening to Nigel Lowther it sounds like Peaks Parkay is dead in the water. It’s time the club give us the fans some answers absoultyy shocking the way they keep supporters tottally in the dark, I appreciate some information can be sensitive but just a yes PP is still on or No it’s not.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 789
79 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.