forza ivano
May 13, 2018, 12:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,281
Gold Stars: 266
Non footy moderator

And can you please bar barralad? He keeps posting facts which keep bu gggering up the arguments of Kingston n dogger and we cant have facts getting in the way of fixated opinions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 62
MuddyWaters
May 13, 2018, 7:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,282
Gold Stars: 236
Whatever your opinion of Melanie Onn, I'd rather have a local MP with some grasp of local issues rather than our current Louth MP who barely knows the way to her constituency let alone anything about it.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 62
Vance Warner
May 13, 2018, 8:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
Started this thread to debate the issue of how football fans are treated rather than to get into a debate about local politics. For what it's worth I can't see how anyone can think that voting Tory is in the best interests of post industrial towns like ours. As for the post about Labour being anti white working class football supporters you obviously don't remember the 80's. Non-footy now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 62
Mariner Ronnie
May 13, 2018, 9:19am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Very patronising comment about the people of gy . That sounds like u think they’re so thick they can’t figure stuff out and make a decision based on what is best for themselves. And your post later down this thread about foreign labour - well the reason for that is the U.K. population is too fooking lazy to do jobs they think is beneath them . It’s got nothing to do with Labour or Tory policies . Apart from no party having the bollox to cut benefits because they know it would be a definite vote loser .

Don’t tar us all with the same brush LITS, not all of us are lazy, but 100% agree with you on the benefit system.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 62
ska face
May 13, 2018, 9:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,769
Gold Stars: 851
Nobody dare cut benefits? What are you talking about? Benefits have been slashed almost constantly under the Tories, especially for working families.

You’re just talking absolute shite. Astounding really.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 62
1mickylyons
May 13, 2018, 9:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
She could be so much better but sadly like most Politicians it`s all about her not the town or people she represents.What I will say is whatever her faults she is far better than Victoria Ayling would have been. To get back on topic though for the original poster if Melanie is so concerned about crime and sentencing locally why does she not start a crusade against the travellers who blight our County and make our lives a misery whilst humping up the council tax?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 62
MuddyWaters
May 13, 2018, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,282
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1mickylyons
She could be so much better but sadly like most Politicians it`s all about her not the town or people she represents.What I will say is whatever her faults she is far better than Victoria Ayling would have been. To get back on topic though for the original poster if Melanie is so concerned about crime and sentencing locally why does she not start a crusade against the travellers who blight our County and make our lives a misery whilst humping up the council tax?

There are many 'crimes' committed in Grimsby that go unpunished - such as allowing landlords to take money off tenants and let them live in poorly kept accommodation - without the need to question the sentencing of crimes that have gone before the justice system.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 62
ska face
May 13, 2018, 10:28am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,769
Gold Stars: 851
You’d imagine the only reports or evidence that Onn has access to is what has appeared in the local paper which, le’ts be frank, were written as they were reporting on the Nuremberg trials.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 62
barralad
May 13, 2018, 10:29am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from ska face
Nobody dare cut benefits? What are you talking about? Benefits have been slashed almost constantly under the Tories, especially for working families.

You’re just talking absolute shite. Astounding really.

Yep...this thread has officially entered into the world of parody..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 62
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2018, 10:38am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Very patronising comment about the people of gy . That sounds like u think they’re so thick they can’t figure stuff out and make a decision based on what is best for themselves. And your post later down this thread about foreign labour - well the reason for that is the U.K. population is too fooking lazy to do jobs they think is beneath them . It’s got nothing to do with Labour or Tory policies . Apart from no party having the bollox to cut benefits because they know it would be a definite vote loser .

You accuse me of being patronising about the people of GY yet you go on to label ALL British people lazy. Jeezus!

And by the way, I wasn't being patronising. I was making the point that there are few well paid jobs so there (hence there being so many exiles and the population of GY declining). When people are desperate for work they are exploitable.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Melanie Onn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.