7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
May 12, 2018, 7:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Wants a review of the sentences given out for trouble at the Sheff Utd game. From what I read the individual evidence against most of those involved was pretty tame anyway. Of course no-one wants to see mass brawls but the way to combat that is through effective policing and good communication between the police and the clubs involved. Football 'fans' already face tougher punishments than any other section of society. I usually agree with her and think she's done some good things for the town but don't agree with this Thatcheresque response.
Logged Offline
Private Message
scrumble
May 12, 2018, 8:08am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Vance Warner
Football 'fans' already face tougher punishments than any other section of society.

Football fans don't, moronic thugs that just happen to be wearing football shirts do

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
Dogger Bank
May 12, 2018, 8:14am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Vance Warner
Wants a review of the sentences given out for trouble at the Sheff Utd game. From what I read the individual evidence against most of those involved was pretty tame anyway. Of course no-one wants to see mass brawls but the way to combat that is through effective policing and good communication between the police and the clubs involved. Football 'fans' already face tougher punishments than any other section of society. I usually agree with her and think she's done some good things for the town but don't agree with this Thatcheresque response.

Really...like what....? The problems in the town can be put down to various circumstances. The main one being a Labour run town for a lifetime. She is a career politician who only cares about herself. Taking credit for positive things that happen in the area she had nothing really to do with. She's almost as bad as her predecessor Austin Mitchell. Getting involved in these sentences only deflects away from what she normally does for the town..... nothing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
HackneyHaddock
May 12, 2018, 8:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Referring to "Grimsby Hooligans" even when the events took place in a neighbouring constituency (Cleethorpes) was very unhelpful and perpetuates the stigma attached to both football fans and the town.  

I'm sure she's a lovely person, but I'm afraid as a Member of Parliament, she's intellectually out of her depth.  She's lucky the Tories picked a complete dud as a candidate last year, as a half-competent local candidate would have beaten her.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
Grim74
May 12, 2018, 11:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Totally agree she just loves a bit of attention does Mel!
Yeah
Just to show her ineptitude she was recently in parliament blaming the police cuts as a link to a rise in the annual crime statistics of NE Lincs which is fair enough you could argue, but she then went on to give 3 examples of the crimes caused because of the cuts!

the first one was an isolated incident outside a bar in Cleethorpes where a guy was punched and subsequently died, the second another isolate incident at home where a man was slashed in cleethorpes, and the the third was the football violence again in cleethorpes, but inept Mel hadn't even done her homework because this was in 2016!

This is the woman who disagreed with Corbynomics and voted against a Corbyn leadership, but now she wormed her way into his shadow cabinet not once as she raised her head from her trough to denounce his lunacy policy's, a fine example of a career politician, at least Austin Mitchel spoke his truth.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 62
dapperz fun pub
May 12, 2018, 11:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I think both local MPs are a waste of space one struggled to run a newsagents and one is more concerned with wolf whistling .... to me both are on a Jolley ( not ours ) both need removing ASAP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
rancido
May 12, 2018, 2:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Grim74
Totally agree she just loves a bit of attention does Mel!
Yeah
Just to show her ineptitude she was recently in parliament blaming the police cuts as a link to a rise in the annual crime statistics of NE Lincs which is fair enough you could argue, but she then went on to give 3 examples of the crimes caused because of the cuts!

the first one was an isolated incident outside a bar in Cleethorpes where a guy was punched and subsequently died, the second another isolate incident at home where a man was slashed in cleethorpes, and the the third was the football violence again in cleethorpes, but inept Mel hadn't even done her homework because this was in 2016!

This is the woman who disagreed with Corbynomics and voted against a Corbyn leadership, but now she wormed her way into his shadow cabinet not once as she raised her head from her trough to denounce his lunacy policy's, a fine example of a career politician, at least Austin Mitchel spoke his truth.

She is an unbelievable hypocrite! She represents a party that constantly bangs on about equality yet she was chosen as the Labour candidate from an intentional all female short list. She was also against Brexit and like has been previously mentioned, was involved in a no-confidence movement against Corbyn, resigned from the front bench but now is back cosying up to Comrade Corbyn. Can't stand her and would never vote for her.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 62
moosey_club
May 12, 2018, 2:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Female politician in the Labour Party in an almost gauranteed Labour seat....her stock will no doubt be rising despite the fact she talks b0ll0cks and isnt connected to her constituents....what did Austin say when she was selected ...something along the lines of  "a monkey could win that seat"
People of Grimsby need to just stop blanket voting Labour and actually vote for a candidate who has the people of the towns interests at heart.

While Labour effortlessly win the seat they have no need to do anything for the people...key marginals is where things can happen....Onn's wolf whistle remarks for instance, that completely lost any focus on the rest of what she was campaigning for and made her, and therefore GY ,look pathetic.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
KingstonMariner
May 12, 2018, 3:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Problem you've got is who do you vote for who genuinely has the interests of GY at heart? Tories never will. Grimsby is one of those towns that is full of people to be exploited on behalf of people in more prosperous places. A left of centre independent is about the best bet but will never be in government.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 62
Dogger Bank
May 12, 2018, 3:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from rancido

She is an unbelievable hypocrite! She represents a party that constantly bangs on about equality yet she was chosen as the Labour candidate from an intentional all female short list. She was also against Brexit and like has been previously mentioned, was involved in a no-confidence movement against Corbyn, resigned from the front bench but now is back cosying up to Comrade Corbyn. Can't stand her and would never vote for her.

Exactly. She has absolutely no relationship or anything in common with the people she is supposed to be representing. She is a 100% EU remainer who's an MP for an area that overwhelmingly voted leave. She stated leaving the EU would leave this country and Grimsby in a disastrous position and would be damaging to future prosperity, absolute rubbish. I can remember her saying the wind energy companies would want to pull out or not come. This has also been proven to be a complete scaremongering exercise. They are flocking to come to the area as strategically it is an ideal place for them to be. She then proceeds to take every photo opportunity when a new company comes here making out she has something to do with it. She's a joke, Labour are a joke and I feel ashamed I have voted for them in the past, never again. The party of the welfare state who helps destroy towns like ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Melanie Onn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.