This thread currently has 10,431 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 12, 2018, 3:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

How times change.....she was being adored for her looks on here not that long ago  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 62
KingstonMariner
May 12, 2018, 3:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
What's your alternative Dogger? The Tories who never wanted the Welfare State to start with and are dismantling it. UKIP who will never be in a position to do anything (i.e. not in government).

As for Brexit, we haven't left yet so she may well be proved right on that. Personally speaking I'd rather see someone say what they think about a key issue than pretend to be against something which is unpopular in the town, rather than sucking up to the electorate and telling them what they want to hear.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 62
Dogger Bank
May 12, 2018, 3:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from KingstonMariner
What's your alternative Dogger? The Tories who never wanted the Welfare State to start with and are dismantling it. UKIP who will never be in a position to do anything (i.e. not in government).

As for Brexit, we haven't left yet so she may well be proved right on that. Personally speaking I'd rather see someone say what they think about a key issue than pretend to be against something which is unpopular in the town, rather than sucking up to the electorate and telling them what they want to hear.

I work in the renewables industry, believe me it will make absolutely no difference to them coming to the area when we leave the EU. Infact there is even more investment now and more coming in this sector and for this area than ever before. As for who's the alternative....anyone as they can't do much worse than Labour and their representatives have done for Grimsby. 40+ years of their control and look at parts of the town and lack of investment. Even when they were in charge of central government in the time of Blair and Brown nothing changed, infact it seemed to have got worse. Imagine if they got in again and having Diane Abbott as Home Secretary and Corbyn as PM. It would send this country back to the 18th century.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 62
Mrs Doyle
May 12, 2018, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
She is just another jobsworth not done anything of merit at least Hulls female M.P. gets things done ours is useless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 62
Mrs Doyle
May 12, 2018, 3:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Vance Warner
Wants a review of the sentences given out for trouble at the Sheff Utd game. From what I read the individual evidence against most of those involved was pretty tame anyway. Of course no-one wants to see mass brawls but the way to combat that is through effective policing and good communication between the police and the clubs involved. Football 'fans' already face tougher punishments than any other section of society. I usually agree with her and think she's done some good things for the town but don't agree with this Thatcheresque response.

Like what???

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 62
KingstonMariner
May 12, 2018, 3:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Dogger Bank

I work in the renewables industry, believe me it will make absolutely no difference to them coming to the area when we leave the EU. Infact there is even more investment now and more coming in this sector and for this area than ever before. As for who's the alternative....anyone as they can't do much worse than Labour and their representatives have done for Grimsby. 40+ years of their control and look at parts of the town and lack of investment. Even when they were in charge of central government in the time of Blair and Brown nothing changed, infact it seemed to have got worse. Imagine if they got in again and having Diane Abbott as Home Secretary and Corbyn as PM. It would send this country back to the 18th century.

Considering that in the last 40 years, Labour has only been in government for 14 years, there's not been much opportunity for them to do anything about it. Tories have had nearly twice as long in government. They've taken more money off the town in the last 8 years than anyone ever.

During the last 4 decades more and more power has been taken off local government, so they've had less ability to do anything positive.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 62
Gaffer58
May 12, 2018, 3:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Getting back to the actual issue of football violence, as most of the trouble was prior to the game who's to say they were all football fans. If you and your three mates were walking down the street to the local church garden party and you were attacked for no reason by a group from Sheffield who had brought their families for a day on the beach, then when you defended yourself, are you a football hooligan?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 62
forza ivano
May 12, 2018, 3:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Problem you've got is who do you vote for who genuinely has the interests of GY at heart? Tories never will. Grimsby is one of those towns that is full of people to be exploited on behalf of people in more prosperous places. A left of centre independent is about the best bet but will never be in government.

You could be a good constituency mp for gy and be a tory. There are plenty of good mps out there who do great work for their constituents ,it's just they never get the headlines
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 62
grimps
May 12, 2018, 4:07pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,106
Gold Stars: 46
She’s an absolute idiot and had nothing in common with her electorate. This is the first time she’s lifted her head up after the shambles about wolf whistling , I counted over 500 comments on the Telegraph site mostly from women calling her an idiot over that .
She’s now chosen what for Leftie politicians is safe ground , White working class football fans.
There’s nobody that will give a toss , the Gaurdian or the Mail woudlnt care , no support groups , No metropolitan Barristers waiting in the wings so she’s onto something that wouldn’t ever bite her in the bottom.
labour hate the working class football fans , Emily Thornbury proved that with her St George tweet , they see us all as racist UKIP supporters.

I read the case in the telegraph about the Twon fans arrested , the ones involved in the worst incident were very young at the time (19 years old ) and had never been in trouble before or since , some of the older idiots was only arrested for making hand gestures and shouting and swearing.
Each person had been on trial as an individual and the judge had seen the pros and cons and decided not to jail them , Quite fairly in my opinion.
Our Mel is playing politics with peoples lives , they could be dragged back to court and sent to jail for no other reason than Mel wanting to look tough for once.
She wouldn’t dare have stood in court and asked for harder sentences for terrorists , inner city gang members causing real violence  , Gypsys thieving and leaving excrement everywhere or anything with a little bit of controversy attached.
She chose football fans because still to this day nobody gives a intercourse about them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 62
rancido
May 12, 2018, 4:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Dogger Bank

You forgot to mention John McDonald as Chancellor of The Exchequer - God help us if he controlled the country's finances!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Melanie Onn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.