KingstonMariner
April 29, 2018, 3:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

The No2. They were waiting for their train. I got kicked out of there at 2.30 a.m.  

That's not bad going. 2:30. I'd have fallen asleep by then.

Do they have a late licence or was it a lock-in? Would be preferable to the Barca for a late drink in Meggies.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
promotion plaice
April 29, 2018, 3:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

The relief of safety is immense, we all know how tough the National League is to get out of and the loss of revenue (BP away attendances) even with the parachute payments would have been very damaging.

I've fallen in love with football again  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
ginnywings
April 29, 2018, 4:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That's not bad going. 2:30. I'd have fallen asleep by then.

Do they have a late licence or was it a lock-in? Would be preferable to the Barca for a late drink in Meggies.

They officially serve until 12.30 on Friday and Saturday, but we were in there until well after 2 o'clock "drinking up". We went in Spoons first but they were serving in plastic glasses and had run out of my favourite Brewdog beer, so we left for the No2.

The Barcy has new owners and never seems to have anyone in nowadays. The other pubs in the high street were still rammed when we walked past to get a taxi, so you can drink nearly all night if you want to. There are no late licenses any more are there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
promotion plaice
April 29, 2018, 4:20pm

Quoted from ginnywings

They officially serve until 12.30 on Friday and Saturday, but we were in there until well after 2 o'clock "drinking up". We went in Spoons first but they were serving in plastic glasses and had run out of my favourite Brewdog beer, so we left for the No2.

The Barcy has new owners and never seems to have anyone in nowadays. The other pubs in the high street were still rammed when we walked past to get a taxi, so you can drink nearly all night if you want to. There are no late licenses any more are there?

I used to be a regular at the weekend in the Swashy playing pool but always left when they put a board over the pool table and it became a meat market.......got a taxi to the Crows Nest  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
mimma
April 29, 2018, 4:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Ah... The Crows Nest.

Samuel Smith's bitter.

Gorgeous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
promotion plaice
April 29, 2018, 4:28pm

Quoted from mimma
Ah... The Crows Nest.

Samuel Smith's bitter.

Gorgeous

Cheap beer because of no entertainments licence.....god it was boring  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2018, 4:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
Ah... The Crows Nest.

Samuel Smith's bitter.

Gorgeous

Last time I had a pint in there (Feb) it wasn't very good. First less than top quality pint I've had in there to be fair (in nearly 40 years). Mind you it might have been the new inferior deterioration interior design messing with my perception  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.