7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimbiggs
April 28, 2018, 9:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Where do all us doubters who thought relegation was a certainty go to eat our piece of humble pie?

Fantastic effort from everyone today

Great effort from the players today, but i suggest you get a grip on reality, we were a couple of minutes away from taking it to the final game....pleased for Jolley that he's been able to galvanise such a poor squad, but we've been abysmal for most of the season, and Fenty most take note....this should never be allowed to happen again!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
Cambs Mariner
April 28, 2018, 9:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Great effort from the players today, but i suggest you get a grip on reality, we were a couple of minutes away from taking it to the final game....pleased for Jolley that he's been able to galvanise such a poor squad, but we've been abysmal for most of the season, and Fenty most take note....this should never be allowed to happen again!

Fenty should never be allowed to run this club again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
AussieMariner
April 28, 2018, 9:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Get a grip on reality you say. Well the reality is that we’ve avoided relegation by getting 10 points from 4 games in the second half of Jolley’s tenure. Skin of the teeth - 3 penalties, goals from set plays, desperate goal mouth scrambles - lucky if you like. But those 10 points were an absolute pipe dream before Jolley arrived and the reality is that they are a result of a combination of hard work, talent and a positive approach. So take your grip on reality, shove it squarely up your backside, use it as a jug handle, and let the rest of us enjoy the moment. And yes, I have had a few....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
Mrbump53
April 28, 2018, 10:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
The GTFC emotional rollercoaster was in full on mode today. We had the exhilaration of being ahead, not giving a fig about the Barnet result. Then we had the staring into the relegation abyss and oblivion and thinking it was going to the last game against FGR. Then came the ecstatic joy of the 93rd minute and a further “two” minutes of added time before the final whistle. At least I know I I don’t have a heart problem as my heart rate was up and down throughput the game. I go to the last match with only the objective of finishing above FGR! UTM !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
Maringer
April 28, 2018, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Listening to the post-match interview, I think you have to question Jolley's ambition - he says we'll finish third or fourth from the bottom, but we're current sitting in 18th in the table!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
HertsGTFC
April 28, 2018, 11:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,996
Gold Stars: 228
The best and arguably the most creative footballing side won today and deservedly so.........

What I liked today was that Town destroyed my biggest fear from the off in that I was worried that we would get sucked into a head tennis battle versus a tall physical side, not a bit of it as Summers, Rose, Clifton and Woolly tried  to get the ball down and play it at every opportunity which led to a first half where 1 - 0 at the break was understating how good we played.

Yeah in the second half they came back at us and forced another excellent save from Macca as well a  couple of goal line clearances and what in the end was a goal conceded from our own impetuosity rather than their excellence.  

So into injury time........... and everything MJ has brought to this side in a short space of time came good, improved mental strength, calmness, drive, will to win and "backing yourself" all of which resulted in a goal that sent the whole of BP barmy.

Every Town player put their hearts on the line today and worked super hard, if you'd just landed from Mars and gone to the game which side would you have thought was pushing for automatic?

On refection on the drive home 2 things stood out from today,

1. Among others Collins, Clarke, JJ, Rose and Woolford have looked much better in the last few games since MJ settled in. Some of the above are unrecognizable, the MJ factor.

2. Maybe just maybe when the midfield tried to get the ball down at every opportunity as they did today we have seen the kind of football that MJ wants to play?

Anyway "we're staying up under Michael Jolley" and that's all that matters now.

UTM

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
heppy88
April 28, 2018, 11:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
That was brilliant. I enjoyed that as much as the Wembley final. It’s not so much the fact we have survived, what for the last few months looked like a free fall into oblivion. For me it was the passion and the performance. At times the football was sublime and the players played out of their skin. Summerfield was MOM and Hooper was a revelation. As others have said what Jolley has achieved, in such a short period of time, has been a minor miracle. So proud to be a Mariner this evening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
RonMariner
April 29, 2018, 12:41am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
When you think of the stick dished to Hooper, Rose, Clarke, and Woolford, justified at the time by their performances under Slade, and look at their contributions today and in recent games, it's amazing how much they have improved.

Hooper in particular looked a real threat all day, and ran rings around his marker who ended up being subbed, thus robbing Notts of one of their options to bring on another forward or midfield player later. I am really pleased that he is under contract for next season.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2018, 1:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
That's the difference a good manager makes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
AndyGTFC
April 29, 2018, 1:57am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Didn't get a chance to go bur well done Michael Jolley. We've had to do it ourselves too because Barnet haven't been doing us many favours with their run of form. Very excited to see what he can do with a bit of time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.