Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, April 28, 2018, 5:26pm
Wow! What an ending to an awful season! But wow. Slme ohtstanding performances today from certain players, i thought hooper and clarke, both much maligned throughout the season were superb, my MOM was Summerfield. Now we can all just rest. Mention to Jolley, what a job he has done sortinf out slades mess. Phew!!!!! UTFM for next year
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 28, 2018, 5:36pm; Reply: 1
Listen , credit were its due every player played there heart out today and every one was immense.

Well done lads and well done michael jolley.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, April 28, 2018, 5:38pm; Reply: 2
As above everyone played out of their skins today. Fans were loud and proud and Notts County looked shell shocked from start to finish.

Credit to Jolley who has performed a miricle.

UTM

Posted by: jock dock tower, April 28, 2018, 5:49pm; Reply: 3
We should write a letter to hi holiness the Pope in the Vatican seeking canonisation of Lord Michael. Failing that he should be allowed to graze his sheep free of charge for the rest of his natural life over the West Marsh.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 28, 2018, 5:50pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jock dock tower
We should write a letter to hi holiness the Pope in the Vatican seeking canonisation of Lord Michael. Failing that he should be allowed to graze his sheep free of charge for the rest of his natural life over the West Marsh.

The sheep would get nicked though
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 28, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

The sheep would get nicked though

And probably worse  :-/ :-/
Posted by: ginnywings, April 28, 2018, 5:57pm; Reply: 6
Thoroughly deserved win. We were the better side from start to finish and if Notts County is the standard needed to get to the top of the league, it shouldn't take much to get there. Jolley has totally transformed the players and the team. Left and right sides of the pitch look far better with Fox, Hooper, RHJ and Clifton. If we had a decent striker to finish off the moves, we would have battered them. For about ten minutes, when Barnet scored and then they equalised, it looked like we were going to undeservedly miss our chance, but for once in a blue moon a striker scored and it couldn't have been at a better time. Clarke's goal was put away like a seasoned front man, passing the ball into the net.

Think that is the best i have seen us play for a long long time and i'm glad we decided it for ourselves and not had to rely on others. A very rare great day at BP.
Posted by: GrimsbyHarry, April 28, 2018, 6:01pm; Reply: 7
Every player deserves MOTM. Best game I have been to in a while. Jolley truly is a saviour.
Posted by: Badger57, April 28, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 8
Just when you think you've seen and experienced everything in football you get a game like THAT!
AMAZING, just an amazing rush at the end and not afraid to say I blubbed like a baby at the end. 😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: Cloudy, April 28, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 9
The term  'stealing a living' has been thrown at Clarke and Hooper on many occasions on The Fishy.

Both were fantastic today. It meant something to them and maybe it was more to do with frustration having to play under Slade? Whatever Jolley has got them working for he team.

McKeowns wonder save then, I have to say, he went walkabout for their goal. Matt rose to head the winner under the nose of the appalling Notts keeper. They were a team of experienced journeymen with a nigly windup team ethic. Thought they were largely poor and would expect Cov or Lincoln to beat them comfortably in the play offs
Posted by: Perkins, April 28, 2018, 6:11pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Badger57
Just when you think you've seen and experienced everything in football you get a game like THAT!
AMAZING, just an amazing rush at the end and not afraid to say I blubbed like a baby at the end. 😂😂😂😂😂

You weren't the only one mate. The same emotions as when we won the play off final.
Posted by: Grim74, April 28, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 11
Brilliant we now look a different team all thanks to Jolley, well done town.
Posted by: Tradjazz, April 28, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 12
That's what supporting your team through thick and thin is all about. We were promised a rollercoaster ride by MJ and we certainly got it.
Deserved to win but at one point when we were level and Barnet winning it was a case of here we go again. Then along came Matt and the rest is history.
I'd like to thank MJ for restoring the belief in the players, we looked a hundred times better with the same players as we did under RS.
That win today has just cost me £250.
It means I will definitely be getting a season ticket for next year now. Was unsure if I would if we went down again.
UTM
:) :) :) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
Posted by: barralad, April 28, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 13
I cannot remember who it was who sang "Save the best till last" but I reckon Michael Jolley wrote it.
Best performance of the season by a country mile. Despite its importance to both teams it was clear from the first minute that Town wanted it more than County. Summerfield was fantastic. BOTH central defenders did as well as they did in Nottingham in December. Woolford is a totally different player in that position and I do not have the words for Hooper other than to say he was a complete revealation today. As against Swindon Davis came on and used his experience for the cause.
In our little corner of the Pontoon we all felt Town lost a bit of impetus going forward when Cardwell went off and Matt came on. Proof if it were needed that your average fan knows next to feck all! Magnificent header..what scenes! The last time Macca sprinted the best part of 100 yards to join in the celebrations was at that little game at Wembley just short of 2 years ago.
A word (again) for Macca. I cannot wait to see that save on the highlights tonight. Simply magnifique.
For me the difference in outlook between now and a mere two months ago was summed up by two Town defenders busting a gut to get back and clear a goal bound shot off the line.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 28, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 14
Yay!!

Totally bossed first half up until 35-40 mins or so when we started to panic and cause ourselves problem....the goal neatly tucked away by a centre halfl, Cliftons great strike off the post, Cardwell and Clifton link up for Cardwells chance and Woolfords effort scrambled off the line....the midfield three of Summerfield , Rose and Woolford were superb ad the whole team pressing high up completely dominated county.

Really good to see the midfield confidently showing for the ball off the back four even when under pressure, RHJ, Clifton & Summerfield building triangles on the right...towels for the ball boys for Rose's throw...some neat play and confidence on the ball at last. Credit all of that to MJ.

Second half we sat a bit deeper but still played well, Hooper coming more to the fore when he drifted out wide...again great chances for Cardwell and Rose after good work from Hooper and as county pushed up we looked quite dangerous on the break.

Luck/great defending/great saves just about kept us in it and just as i thought we were gonna grab a squeaky 1-0 Macca went walkabout...hard to tell from the Ponny what the hell was going on but the net rippled...hearts sank.

But...and credit to Jolley again for instilling this the players didnt give up....still ran, still battled and we got the corner....and fluff me, Matt ghosting in to head home, amazing finish to game/ season.  

When Jolley was appointed i sat on the fence, said i would give the remainder of the season to him before i passed judgement. Well one game early but i think i will give him a thumbs up on the basis of;
Stopped the rot
Improved the football being played
Increase in chances created
Set pieces have improved and long throw is now a threat
Woolford being utilised where he can make an impact
Players look rejuvinated
and numerous other little tweaks i see in play

I think with a squad of his own and a full pre season he could be quite effective.

UTM

Posted by: getagrip, April 28, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 15
Best team won, county were poor, Summerfield mom utm  
Posted by: ginnywings, April 28, 2018, 6:32pm; Reply: 16
It was noticeable today the we played further up the pitch and didn't drop too deep like struggling sides usually do when under pressure. Collins was dragging them up to near the half way line. It would have been easy to go out today and play deep, hoping to knick a goal and hang on. We didn't do that and took the game to them right from the start. How we didn't get to a 2 or 3 goal lead is only down to not having a striker to finish things off, but that has been the case all season, and the reason we ended up in trouble. We absolutely deserved to win today and by a far more comfortable margin. I think that may be the best we have played at home in the 2 seasons we have been back in the league. What a time to do it. The confidence levels are miles above what they were and it showed in that performance. Well done to all the players and i think some of them may well have changed a lot of peoples opinions of them.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, April 28, 2018, 6:33pm; Reply: 17
Where do all us doubters who thought relegation was a certainty go to eat our piece of humble pie?

Fantastic effort from everyone today
Posted by: mariner91, April 28, 2018, 6:33pm; Reply: 18
What a great performance. Bossed them from start to finish. Hooper, Clarke, Summerfield all superb. Macca at fault for their goal but that save ten minutes before it was out of this world. When the winner went in I almost cried such was the relief. The atmosphere was cracking, loud and proud throughout much of the game.

But all the credit has to go to Michael Jolley. How he has managed to get a team that was in complete freefall, with no goalscoring strikers and lacking in pace and confidence to completely outplay a team that are safely in the play offs is a minor miracle. He's done the absolute best possible with the limited resources and time available and I seriously think he could be the business for Town. Given the right support he has the attributes to completely transform this club. I think I love him already. Where's Ipswin with his humble pie?
Posted by: ginnywings, April 28, 2018, 6:34pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Where do all us doubters who thought relegation was a certainty go to eat our piece of humble pie?

The pubs and bars of GY and Clee in my case.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 28, 2018, 6:38pm; Reply: 20
In 6 weeks Jolley has turned dross into a football team. Players who I wouldn't previously have trusted to water my plants have put in massive performances. Well done that man!

Summerfield mom, but can't fault anyone today. County were dreadful.
Posted by: newarkmariner, April 28, 2018, 6:43pm; Reply: 21
just back to Newark and wow I cant stop smiling,every player gave 100% ,gonna be fun in my pub later after getting pelters from county fans all week ,cant wait, can now look forward to my holibobs with true hope and belief that MJ will take us forward in leaps and bounds,UTM GTID :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: Spidey, April 28, 2018, 6:44pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from barralad
I cannot remember who it was who sang "Save the best till last" but I reckon Michael Jolley wrote it.
Best performance of the season by a country mile. Despite its importance to both teams it was clear from the first minute that Town wanted it more than County. Summerfield was fantastic. BOTH central defenders did as well as they did in Nottingham in December. Woolford is a totally different player in that position and I do not have the words for Hooper other than to say he was a complete revealation today. As against Swindon Davis came on and used his experience for the cause.
In our little corner of the Pontoon we all felt Town lost a bit of impetus going forward when Cardwell went off and Matt came on. Proof if it were needed that your average fan knows next to feck all! Magnificent header..what scenes! The last time Macca sprinted the best part of 100 yards to join in the celebrations was at that little game at Wembley just short of 2 years ago.
A word (again) for Macca. I cannot wait to see that save on the highlights tonight. Simply magnifique.
For me the difference in outlook between now and a mere two months ago was summed up by two Town defenders busting a gut to get back and clear a goal bound shot off the line.

Vanessa Williams, enjoy!!!
https://youtu.be/5EdmHSTwmWY
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 28, 2018, 6:46pm; Reply: 23
Proper team performance today. Whole team motm. Utm
Posted by: golfer, April 28, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 24
We have called referees all season but today OUR FRIEND gave the best performance by a referee for a long time-I couldn't fault him and in a match which could easily have boiled over he kept complete control.
Posted by: jock dock tower, April 28, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 25
Be interesting to see who stays and who goes next season. I honestly do not expect wholesale changes amongst the contracted players as they have done the business for him and the club once Slade disappeared over the sunset. The players and manager will hopefully have bonded strongly during that time and I can see a few tweaks here and there - up front obviously where a proven goalscorer is needed - but don't be surprised to see loyalty being repaid.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 28, 2018, 7:05pm; Reply: 26
One of the most entertaining games at BP  for a long time. More drama than all the Slade games added together. I am actually starting to like Hooper. McKeown showed his good and bad sides. The problem remains in front of goal but the rest of the team is a much better unit. May the unbeaten run continue.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 28, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 27
We thoroughly deserved that some epic performances M.J has given Woolford and Hooper have more confidence. one breathtaking run from Hooper skinned his man and went directly into the box full pelt just lacking a clinical finish.

Woolford looks totally at home playing in midfield playing people in with clever little passes.

Still don't know how Macca clawed that ball out. Clarke for his goal and goal-line clearance.

Clifton put a real shift in and almost scored a peach with a curling shot that hit the woodwork.

Collins and Summerfield immense. Rose winning balls and spreading the ball out Hall Johnson looked brilliant until he had to go off injured.

Was totally peed off when they scrambled in the undeserved equalizer near the end but that brilliant header by Jamie Matt in the last seconds really brought the house down what a barnstorming finish. I'm physically and emotionally drained and I was only watching.

M.J'S Hair got seriously rearranged as he got mobbed by thousands of grateful Town fans lol.

P.S.  County were utter shite to be honest, No wonder manager Nolan was seething and tried every trick in the book to sway the ref who took no notice and had an excellent game. Their fans were reletivaly quite despite their numbers which showed how dominent we  were.

7,100 crowd got great entertainment all three home stands in fine voice B.P.was really rocking at the end.

M.J. record UNBEATEN AT HOME FORTRESS BLUNDELL PARK AGAIN ..................................................FINALLY.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 28, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from jock dock tower

Or give him droit de seigneur  ;)
Posted by: essexexile, April 28, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 29
Que?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 28, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 30
Summerfield was my man of the match today although it could have gone to 3 or 4 players, MJ has changed this team into a team of battlers and he deserves massive credit for that, today was a great performance and the best I’ve seen us play all season,

There is no way County deserved to draw that game, Town fully deserved the win, when that goal went it by Matt my daughter,Son and me went absolutely ballistic, I’ve actually lost my voice  ;D

A special thank you to Michael Jolley for giving this team belief and a fighting spirit.👍
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 28, 2018, 7:46pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from essexexile
Que?

The Lord of the Manor supposedly had rights to tup any of the local women
Posted by: davmariner, April 28, 2018, 7:47pm; Reply: 32
Credit to the players. They all put their bodies on the line and thankfully saw us home when it mattered.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, April 28, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 33
Is MJ’S interview available from after the match?
Posted by: wigworld, April 28, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 34
[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p065m6d2[/url]
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 28, 2018, 8:25pm; Reply: 35
Spot on interview that, thanks for posting.
Posted by: AussieMariner, April 28, 2018, 8:25pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from moosey_club
Yay!!

Totally bossed first half up until 35-40 mins or so when we started to panic and cause ourselves problem....the goal neatly tucked away by a centre halfl, Cliftons great strike off the post, Cardwell and Clifton link up for Cardwells chance and Woolfords effort scrambled off the line....the midfield three of Summerfield , Rose and Woolford were superb ad the whole team pressing high up completely dominated county.

Really good to see the midfield confidently showing for the ball off the back four even when under pressure, RHJ, Clifton & Summerfield building triangles on the right...towels for the ball boys for Rose's throw...some neat play and confidence on the ball at last. Credit all of that to MJ.

Second half we sat a bit deeper but still played well, Hooper coming more to the fore when he drifted out wide...again great chances for Cardwell and Rose after good work from Hooper and as county pushed up we looked quite dangerous on the break.

Luck/great defending/great saves just about kept us in it and just as i thought we were gonna grab a squeaky 1-0 Macca went walkabout...hard to tell from the Ponny what the hell was going on but the net rippled...hearts sank.

But...and credit to Jolley again for instilling this the players didnt give up....still ran, still battled and we got the corner....and fluff me, Matt ghosting in to head home, amazing finish to game/ season.  

When Jolley was appointed i sat on the fence, said i would give the remainder of the season to him before i passed judgement. Well one game early but i think i will give him a thumbs up on the basis of;
Stopped the rot
Improved the football being played
Increase in chances created
Set pieces have improved and long throw is now a threat
Woolford being utilised where he can make an impact
Players look rejuvinated
and numerous other little tweaks i see in play

I think with a squad of his own and a full pre season he could be quite effective.

UTM

He had Osborne warmed up and about to come on when they equalised. He immediately ripped the card out of the 4th official’s hand and brought on Jackson instead.
Decisive, positive, successful,
Posted by: essexexile, April 28, 2018, 8:29pm; Reply: 37
Listened to to it on MP & you could hear the crowd over MD's commentary & thought they were a real12th man today. Congrats to MJ he's given the team belief & from bottom of the league were playing promotion football.
UTM
Posted by: RonMariner, April 28, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 38
So if Coventry beat Morecambe and Barnet........no wait, I don't have to give a excrement anymore!
Posted by: RonMariner, April 28, 2018, 9:04pm; Reply: 39
Fantastic performance today. We thought we had a squad of no hopers but today they totally outperformed a play off side in all areas of the pitch. Hooper was a revelation on the wing. I am happy is contracted for next season. There was not a bad performance from any town player.

Most important of all was the fighting spirit. They really wanted it, and yet again they kept going to the last when a lesser team would have given up.

We have scored crucial late goals at home against Port Vale, Chesterfield, Barnet and now Notts County.

How has Jolley turned these players round?

Fantastic. Give him a four year contract now!
Posted by: Grimbiggs, April 28, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

Great effort from the players today, but i suggest you get a grip on reality, we were a couple of minutes away from taking it to the final game....pleased for Jolley that he's been able to galvanise such a poor squad, but we've been abysmal for most of the season, and Fenty most take note....this should never be allowed to happen again!

Posted by: Cambs Mariner, April 28, 2018, 9:22pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Great effort from the players today, but i suggest you get a grip on reality, we were a couple of minutes away from taking it to the final game....pleased for Jolley that he's been able to galvanise such a poor squad, but we've been abysmal for most of the season, and Fenty most take note....this should never be allowed to happen again!

Fenty should never be allowed to run this club again.
Posted by: AussieMariner, April 28, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Get a grip on reality you say. Well the reality is that we’ve avoided relegation by getting 10 points from 4 games in the second half of Jolley’s tenure. Skin of the teeth - 3 penalties, goals from set plays, desperate goal mouth scrambles - lucky if you like. But those 10 points were an absolute pipe dream before Jolley arrived and the reality is that they are a result of a combination of hard work, talent and a positive approach. So take your grip on reality, shove it squarely up your backside, use it as a jug handle, and let the rest of us enjoy the moment. And yes, I have had a few....
Posted by: Mrbump53, April 28, 2018, 10:51pm; Reply: 43
The GTFC emotional rollercoaster was in full on mode today. We had the exhilaration of being ahead, not giving a fig about the Barnet result. Then we had the staring into the relegation abyss and oblivion and thinking it was going to the last game against FGR. Then came the ecstatic joy of the 93rd minute and a further “two” minutes of added time before the final whistle. At least I know I I don’t have a heart problem as my heart rate was up and down throughput the game. I go to the last match with only the objective of finishing above FGR! UTM !
Posted by: Maringer, April 28, 2018, 11:06pm; Reply: 44
Listening to the post-match interview, I think you have to question Jolley's ambition - he says we'll finish third or fourth from the bottom, but we're current sitting in 18th in the table!  ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 28, 2018, 11:31pm; Reply: 45
The best and arguably the most creative footballing side won today and deservedly so.........

What I liked today was that Town destroyed my biggest fear from the off in that I was worried that we would get sucked into a head tennis battle versus a tall physical side, not a bit of it as Summers, Rose, Clifton and Woolly tried  to get the ball down and play it at every opportunity which led to a first half where 1 - 0 at the break was understating how good we played.

Yeah in the second half they came back at us and forced another excellent save from Macca as well a  couple of goal line clearances and what in the end was a goal conceded from our own impetuosity rather than their excellence.  

So into injury time........... and everything MJ has brought to this side in a short space of time came good, improved mental strength, calmness, drive, will to win and "backing yourself" all of which resulted in a goal that sent the whole of BP barmy.

Every Town player put their hearts on the line today and worked super hard, if you'd just landed from Mars and gone to the game which side would you have thought was pushing for automatic?

On refection on the drive home 2 things stood out from today,

1. Among others Collins, Clarke, JJ, Rose and Woolford have looked much better in the last few games since MJ settled in. Some of the above are unrecognizable, the MJ factor.

2. Maybe just maybe when the midfield tried to get the ball down at every opportunity as they did today we have seen the kind of football that MJ wants to play?

Anyway "we're staying up under Michael Jolley" and that's all that matters now.

UTM

Posted by: heppy88, April 28, 2018, 11:41pm; Reply: 46
That was brilliant. I enjoyed that as much as the Wembley final. It’s not so much the fact we have survived, what for the last few months looked like a free fall into oblivion. For me it was the passion and the performance. At times the football was sublime and the players played out of their skin. Summerfield was MOM and Hooper was a revelation. As others have said what Jolley has achieved, in such a short period of time, has been a minor miracle. So proud to be a Mariner this evening.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 29, 2018, 12:41am; Reply: 47
When you think of the stick dished to Hooper, Rose, Clarke, and Woolford, justified at the time by their performances under Slade, and look at their contributions today and in recent games, it's amazing how much they have improved.

Hooper in particular looked a real threat all day, and ran rings around his marker who ended up being subbed, thus robbing Notts of one of their options to bring on another forward or midfield player later. I am really pleased that he is under contract for next season.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 29, 2018, 1:11am; Reply: 48
That's the difference a good manager makes.
Posted by: AndyGTFC, April 29, 2018, 1:57am; Reply: 49
Didn't get a chance to go bur well done Michael Jolley. We've had to do it ourselves too because Barnet haven't been doing us many favours with their run of form. Very excited to see what he can do with a bit of time.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 29, 2018, 3:24am; Reply: 50
I'm drunk, very very drunk. It's after 3 in the morning and i've just opened another bottle when i should be in bed. My brother spoke to some Notts fans in the pub ( they had gone by the time i got there) and they were very complimentary. Said they don't know why we were so low as we looked like one of the best sides they had faced all season, and they were expecting a much easier game. One said the save from Macca was the best they had seen all season, and they were genuinely chuffed for us.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 29, 2018, 8:56am; Reply: 51
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm drunk, very very drunk. It's after 3 in the morning and i've just opened another bottle when i should be in bed. My brother spoke to some Notts fans in the pub ( they had gone by the time i got there) and they were very complimentary. Said they don't know why we were so low as we looked like one of the best sides they had faced all season, and they were expecting a much easier game. One said the save from Macca was the best they had seen all season, and they were genuinely chuffed for us.

We met a couple of Notts fans on the buss on the way to the ground and had a great chat with them. Decent, honest fans, supporting a real football club. Kindred spirits.
Posted by: toontown, April 29, 2018, 9:01am; Reply: 52
Wow! What a performance by the whole team, what a game, what a save from Macca, what a comeback, what a manager. Just wow.
Posted by: barrattstandman, April 29, 2018, 10:11am; Reply: 53
I don’t know people are moaning about this season or any other that we have experienced. They are never dull , either pushing for promotion or trying to avoid relegation. We are never mid table mediocrity. Would you like to be a Gainsborough Trinity fan , 145 years in the same division until relegation this season ? Now that is what I call boring. Roll on next season for another ride of adventure .
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 29, 2018, 11:00am; Reply: 54
Quoted from barrattstandman
I don’t know people are moaning about this season or any other that we have experienced. They are never dull , either pushing for promotion or trying to avoid relegation. We are never mid table mediocrity. Would you like to be a Gainsborough Trinity fan , 145 years in the same division until relegation this season ? Now that is what I call boring. Roll on next season for another ride of adventure .

Pedant alert. That's not quite correct. There were in the Football League until the 1910's but they failed to be re-elected one season after finishing bottom.

Apparently not being re-elected doesn't count as a relegation!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 29, 2018, 1:47pm; Reply: 55
Great weekend, great game, great result, an absolute rollercoaster of a game, under Jolly I think the futures bright its Black and White (as long as he doesn't take too much notice of Wilko when discussing who gets a new deal) :)
Posted by: Garth, April 29, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 56
Yesterdays winner (because of its significance) ranks along with Wilco Everton, Jevon`s Liverpool, Kalala`s Spurs, Burnett`s Wembley, Amond`s penalty Braintree and Arnolds Wembley
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 29, 2018, 2:40pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from ginnywings

It would be too neat and tidy for that to have been in the Notts I suppose.  :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 29, 2018, 2:48pm; Reply: 58
What a great performance and result.  The whole team played well and were determined to get over the line. Great celebrations and relief at the end.  

Fitting that the 2 main POTY contenders still stood out. Macca with that wonder save and his run up the pitch after the winning goal. Made up for going walkabout for their goal.  Summerfield was everywhere. He ran from midfield once to stop one attack, then sprinted back to midfield to help create something.  He had the knack of beating County players by good timing.  Just gliding effortlessly pass them. He was encouraging the other players all game.

Jolley will know now about the true passion of the fans. Who ever thought that we would play so well and survive during the Slade era?  We survived with the 2nd worst goal difference and the fewest number of home goals of any team.  Not surprising gates were down this season.

Thank you Mr Jolley and the players who were not as bad as Slade made them.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 29, 2018, 3:40pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It would be too neat and tidy for that to have been in the Notts I suppose.  :)

The No2. They were waiting for their train. I got kicked out of there at 2.30 a.m.  ::)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 29, 2018, 3:43pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from ginnywings

The No2. They were waiting for their train. I got kicked out of there at 2.30 a.m.  ::)

That's not bad going. 2:30. I'd have fallen asleep by then.

Do they have a late licence or was it a lock-in? Would be preferable to the Barca for a late drink in Meggies.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 29, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 61

The relief of safety is immense, we all know how tough the National League is to get out of and the loss of revenue (BP away attendances) even with the parachute payments would have been very damaging.

I've fallen in love with football again   :)
Posted by: ginnywings, April 29, 2018, 4:09pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That's not bad going. 2:30. I'd have fallen asleep by then.

Do they have a late licence or was it a lock-in? Would be preferable to the Barca for a late drink in Meggies.

They officially serve until 12.30 on Friday and Saturday, but we were in there until well after 2 o'clock "drinking up". We went in Spoons first but they were serving in plastic glasses and had run out of my favourite Brewdog beer, so we left for the No2.

The Barcy has new owners and never seems to have anyone in nowadays. The other pubs in the high street were still rammed when we walked past to get a taxi, so you can drink nearly all night if you want to. There are no late licenses any more are there?
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 29, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from ginnywings

They officially serve until 12.30 on Friday and Saturday, but we were in there until well after 2 o'clock "drinking up". We went in Spoons first but they were serving in plastic glasses and had run out of my favourite Brewdog beer, so we left for the No2.

The Barcy has new owners and never seems to have anyone in nowadays. The other pubs in the high street were still rammed when we walked past to get a taxi, so you can drink nearly all night if you want to. There are no late licenses any more are there?

I used to be a regular at the weekend in the Swashy playing pool but always left when they put a board over the pool table and it became a meat market.......got a taxi to the Crows Nest   :)

Posted by: mimma, April 29, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 64
Ah... The Crows Nest.

Samuel Smith's bitter.

Gorgeous
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 29, 2018, 4:28pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from mimma
Ah... The Crows Nest.

Samuel Smith's bitter.

Gorgeous

Cheap beer because of no entertainments licence.....god it was boring   ;D

Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 29, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from mimma
Ah... The Crows Nest.

Samuel Smith's bitter.

Gorgeous

Last time I had a pint in there (Feb) it wasn't very good. First less than top quality pint I've had in there to be fair (in nearly 40 years). Mind you it might have been the new inferior deterioration interior design messing with my perception  ;)
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 7:42am