7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
April 28, 2018, 6:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
In 6 weeks Jolley has turned dross into a football team. Players who I wouldn't previously have trusted to water my plants have put in massive performances. Well done that man!

Summerfield mom, but can't fault anyone today. County were dreadful.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
newarkmariner
April 28, 2018, 6:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
just back to Newark and wow I cant stop smiling,every player gave 100% ,gonna be fun in my pub later after getting pelters from county fans all week ,cant wait, can now look forward to my holibobs with true hope and belief that MJ will take us forward in leaps and bounds,UTM GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 66
Spidey
April 28, 2018, 6:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +363
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from barralad
I cannot remember who it was who sang "Save the best till last" but I reckon Michael Jolley wrote it.
Best performance of the season by a country mile. Despite its importance to both teams it was clear from the first minute that Town wanted it more than County. Summerfield was fantastic. BOTH central defenders did as well as they did in Nottingham in December. Woolford is a totally different player in that position and I do not have the words for Hooper other than to say he was a complete revealation today. As against Swindon Davis came on and used his experience for the cause.
In our little corner of the Pontoon we all felt Town lost a bit of impetus going forward when Cardwell went off and Matt came on. Proof if it were needed that your average fan knows next to feck all! Magnificent header..what scenes! The last time Macca sprinted the best part of 100 yards to join in the celebrations was at that little game at Wembley just short of 2 years ago.
A word (again) for Macca. I cannot wait to see that save on the highlights tonight. Simply magnifique.
For me the difference in outlook between now and a mere two months ago was summed up by two Town defenders busting a gut to get back and clear a goal bound shot off the line.

Vanessa Williams, enjoy!!!
https://youtu.be/5EdmHSTwmWY
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
bobbyturtle
April 28, 2018, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Proper team performance today. Whole team motm. Utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
golfer
April 28, 2018, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
We have called referees all season but today OUR FRIEND gave the best performance by a referee for a long time-I couldn't fault him and in a match which could easily have boiled over he kept complete control.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
jock dock tower
April 28, 2018, 6:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Be interesting to see who stays and who goes next season. I honestly do not expect wholesale changes amongst the contracted players as they have done the business for him and the club once Slade disappeared over the sunset. The players and manager will hopefully have bonded strongly during that time and I can see a few tweaks here and there - up front obviously where a proven goalscorer is needed - but don't be surprised to see loyalty being repaid.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
GrimRob
April 28, 2018, 7:05pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
One of the most entertaining games at BP  for a long time. More drama than all the Slade games added together. I am actually starting to like Hooper. McKeown showed his good and bad sides. The problem remains in front of goal but the rest of the team is a much better unit. May the unbeaten run continue.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 66
Mrs Doyle
April 28, 2018, 7:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
We thoroughly deserved that some epic performances M.J has given Woolford and Hooper have more confidence. one breathtaking run from Hooper skinned his man and went directly into the box full pelt just lacking a clinical finish.

Woolford looks totally at home playing in midfield playing people in with clever little passes.

Still don't know how Macca clawed that ball out. Clarke for his goal and goal-line clearance.

Clifton put a real shift in and almost scored a peach with a curling shot that hit the woodwork.

Collins and Summerfield immense. Rose winning balls and spreading the ball out Hall Johnson looked brilliant until he had to go off injured.

Was totally peed off when they scrambled in the undeserved equalizer near the end but that brilliant header by Jamie Matt in the last seconds really brought the house down what a barnstorming finish. I'm physically and emotionally drained and I was only watching.

M.J'S Hair got seriously rearranged as he got mobbed by thousands of grateful Town fans lol.

P.S.  County were utter shite to be honest, No wonder manager Nolan was seething and tried every trick in the book to sway the ref who took no notice and had an excellent game. Their fans were reletivaly quite despite their numbers which showed how dominent we  were.

7,100 crowd got great entertainment all three home stands in fine voice B.P.was really rocking at the end.

M.J. record UNBEATEN AT HOME FORTRESS BLUNDELL PARK AGAIN ..................................................FINALLY.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
KingstonMariner
April 28, 2018, 7:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jock dock tower
We should write a letter to hi holiness the Pope in the Vatican seeking canonisation of Lord Michael. Failing that he should be allowed to graze his sheep free of charge for the rest of his natural life over the West Marsh.

Or give him droit de seigneur  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
essexexile
April 28, 2018, 7:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Que?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.