7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 29, 2018, 3:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I'm drunk, very very drunk. It's after 3 in the morning and i've just opened another bottle when i should be in bed. My brother spoke to some Notts fans in the pub ( they had gone by the time i got there) and they were very complimentary. Said they don't know why we were so low as we looked like one of the best sides they had faced all season, and they were expecting a much easier game. One said the save from Macca was the best they had seen all season, and they were genuinely chuffed for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
RonMariner
April 29, 2018, 8:56am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm drunk, very very drunk. It's after 3 in the morning and i've just opened another bottle when i should be in bed. My brother spoke to some Notts fans in the pub ( they had gone by the time i got there) and they were very complimentary. Said they don't know why we were so low as we looked like one of the best sides they had faced all season, and they were expecting a much easier game. One said the save from Macca was the best they had seen all season, and they were genuinely chuffed for us.

We met a couple of Notts fans on the buss on the way to the ground and had a great chat with them. Decent, honest fans, supporting a real football club. Kindred spirits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
toontown
April 29, 2018, 9:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Wow! What a performance by the whole team, what a game, what a save from Macca, what a comeback, what a manager. Just wow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
barrattstandman
April 29, 2018, 10:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
I don’t know people are moaning about this season or any other that we have experienced. They are never dull , either pushing for promotion or trying to avoid relegation. We are never mid table mediocrity. Would you like to be a Gainsborough Trinity fan , 145 years in the same division until relegation this season ? Now that is what I call boring. Roll on next season for another ride of adventure .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
Les Brechin
April 29, 2018, 11:00am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from barrattstandman
I don’t know people are moaning about this season or any other that we have experienced. They are never dull , either pushing for promotion or trying to avoid relegation. We are never mid table mediocrity. Would you like to be a Gainsborough Trinity fan , 145 years in the same division until relegation this season ? Now that is what I call boring. Roll on next season for another ride of adventure .

Pedant alert. That's not quite correct. There were in the Football League until the 1910's but they failed to be re-elected one season after finishing bottom.

Apparently not being re-elected doesn't count as a relegation!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
Madeleymariner
April 29, 2018, 1:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Great weekend, great game, great result, an absolute rollercoaster of a game, under Jolly I think the futures bright its Black and White (as long as he doesn't take too much notice of Wilko when discussing who gets a new deal)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
Garth
April 29, 2018, 2:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Yesterdays winner (because of its significance) ranks along with Wilco Everton, Jevon`s Liverpool, Kalala`s Spurs, Burnett`s Wembley, Amond`s penalty Braintree and Arnolds Wembley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2018, 2:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

It would be too neat and tidy for that to have been in the Notts I suppose.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
TownSNAFU5
April 29, 2018, 2:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
What a great performance and result.  The whole team played well and were determined to get over the line. Great celebrations and relief at the end.  

Fitting that the 2 main POTY contenders still stood out. Macca with that wonder save and his run up the pitch after the winning goal. Made up for going walkabout for their goal.  Summerfield was everywhere. He ran from midfield once to stop one attack, then sprinted back to midfield to help create something.  He had the knack of beating County players by good timing.  Just gliding effortlessly pass them. He was encouraging the other players all game.

Jolley will know now about the true passion of the fans. Who ever thought that we would play so well and survive during the Slade era?  We survived with the 2nd worst goal difference and the fewest number of home goals of any team.  Not surprising gates were down this season.

Thank you Mr Jolley and the players who were not as bad as Slade made them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
ginnywings
April 29, 2018, 3:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It would be too neat and tidy for that to have been in the Notts I suppose.  

The No2. They were waiting for their train. I got kicked out of there at 2.30 a.m.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.