1mickylyons
April 5, 2018, 9:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Davec

Alan Rutter, he's been at fans forums before saying how well fenty is doing and I remember when he expressed his support for the Checkatrade trophy, IIRC he said those who don't agree with it are "missing the point"

I was alarmed at his selection just as I was Terry Rudrum but if they put themselves forward and others don`t and they get elected who`s fault is that? John Fenty hold all the ace cards and the Trust have got 2 and 9 off suit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2018, 9:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Yes I am a member of the Trust.

The powers that be (several of) have been contacted more than once privately by myself and nothing has ever come back in way of invitation to discuss further. Now in fairness maybe they read the correspondence and simply think No Thanks which is fine but then they should say so.

I am only one person so I don`t matter in the grand scheme of things BUT my views are the views of many many more and this is clearly not being taken on board for whatever the reason.I find that frustrating even if the view is wrong the Trust have a duty to look at it and explain to me and others the error of our judgement but NO deafening silence it is.

That’s a shame I know what you mean though, earlier this season I suggested I might be able to help with some commercial ideas (similar to what I do for a living) but received a pretty frosty response, I got the feeling that they didn’t want to share their toys.

Shame really as I still believe a strong Trust could easily lead to a stronger club.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 116
1mickylyons
April 5, 2018, 9:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

That’s a shame I know what you mean though, earlier this season I suggested I might be able to help with some commercial ideas (similar to what I do for a living) but received a pretty frosty response, I got the feeling that they didn’t want to share their toys.

Shame really as I still believe a strong Trust could easily lead to a stronger club.

Snap mate and I am totally frustrated that`s why I wonder if they are really the best option?
Likewise I also believe a strong Trust would lead to a strong Club and despite having seen them drop a huge OG with the Parker shares I believed they were the way forward but at present do we have a strong Trust or a dog with no bite or bark? I watch with interest now Dave Roberts is back he is a good bloke he galvanised them previously and they have good people backing him up in my opinion Chris Parker was the man and the way forward and it`s a shame he stood down.I believe the goalposts and end game have moved since Dave`s previous stint and not sure how he will try and steer the Trust going forward? Currently in terms of membership and being relative they are in a far better position than when they lay dormant prior to the relaunch and I believe they have around 900 members? They have previously done a lot of good work in my opinion but I haven't seen anything positive for quite a while hopefully Dave is the man to change that.The Trust should not seek conflict with Fenty and the Club for the sake of it but they should stand up for what`s right and if that then means conflict so be it they are supposed to be the voice of the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2018, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Snap mate and I am totally frustrated that`s why I wonder if they are really the best option?
Likewise I also believe a strong Trust would lead to a strong Club and despite having seen them drop a huge OG with the Parker shares I believed they were the way forward but at present do we have a strong Trust or a dog with no bite or bark? I watch with interest now Dave Roberts is back he is a good bloke he galvanised them previously and they have good people backing him up in my opinion Chris Parker was the man and the way forward and it`s a shame he stood down.I believe the goalposts and end game have moved since Dave`s previous stint and not sure how he will try and steer the Trust going forward? Currently in terms of membership and being relative they are in a far better position than when they lay dormant prior to the relaunch and I believe they have around 900 members? They have previously done a lot of good work in my opinion but I haven't seen anything positive for quite a while hopefully Dave is the man to change that.The Trust should not seek conflict with Fenty and the Club for the sake of it but they should stand up for what`s right and if that then means conflict so be it they are supposed to be the voice of the fans.

Fingers crossed as something has to give.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 116
friskneymariner
April 5, 2018, 10:11am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
As the Trust derives its mandate from it's members it must ascertain how it members feel in relation to each individual issue in order to ascertain which way to vote,or is it left for the Trust Board to vote which ever way they consider on the day.If the latter is the case how can the Board member be representing it's members.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 116
GrimRob
April 5, 2018, 10:47am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from friskneymariner
As the Trust derives its mandate from it's members it must ascertain how it members feel in relation to each individual issue in order to ascertain which way to vote,or is it left for the Trust Board to vote which ever way they consider on the day.If the latter is the case how can the Board member be representing it's members.

Realistically how do you decide though? I imagine there is radio silence from huge chunks of the membership, but that doesn't mean they don't have a view. A few people may make a lot of noise, but you don't want to over represent them either. I think the only way to do it is for the candidates to state their views at election time and the punters vote accordingly. But once elected they vote with their own conscience (hopefully roughly inline with the policies they stated during election time!)

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 116
ginnywings
April 5, 2018, 10:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Sadly, the Trust have been managed far better than the football team. As soon as they got those shares and became a threat, they were corralled and neutered by the board. The key phrase when the Trust shares became an issue was "control is outside of the boardroom" and that is what it's all about- control. The SLO has been edged out for one of their own and now Alan Rutter has been installed, a well known Fenty acolyte. Anyone that is opposed to the regime in any way soon ends up leaving or being pushed aside. The Trust are a well meaning body and they no doubt care deeply about the club, but they are powerless and the sooner they get off the board the better. I can see the argument by some that they should not relinquish their board position, but it's merely symbolic in my opinion and carries no weight, even though it represents the biggest body and major financial contributor to the club- the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 116
1mickylyons
April 5, 2018, 11:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Realistically how do you decide though? I imagine there is radio silence from huge chunks of the membership, but that doesn't mean they don't have a view. A few people may make a lot of noise, but you don't want to over represent them either. I think the only way to do it is for the candidates to state their views at election time and the punters vote accordingly. But once elected they vote with their own conscience (hopefully roughly inline with the policies they stated during election time!)

Yes that`s how I see it.If you take the checkatrade as an example the Trust and the Club know huge swathes of the support totally against hence the boycott and nothings changed. I can`t remember exactly what was said now but the Club were very unhappy at the Trust`s stance and brought up comments about a match they sponsored being played on the same day? Now because this happened and because the boycott as continued at Grimsby you would expect any right minded people would look at this again and see if maybe the fans have a point.The Trust Rep on the board if representing the supporters is quite entitled to say we don`t agree with this because of x,y,z and we will not support the competition as it`s not in the best interests of the Club or supporters in our opinion.In this instance the board would be at an impasse BUT they could agree to disagree. Marley pointed out the financial rewards had to be grabbed by the Club and the fans understand that and we have to field a team what they don`t understand is with such a strength of feeling why the Club didn`t vote against? Nothing would have changed the competition would still have gone ahead GTFC would still have had to field a team but crucially they would have had the fans onside and the Trust Rep should have won this battle in the boardroom and he should have been backed by the rest of the board.The same applies to the Bra gate,forum and SLO fall out the fans are the losers through no fault of their own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2018, 11:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Easy, they have a clear plan and strategy that is agreed via an open consultation process by its members. If something comes up that sits within this they vote for it if it doesn’t they vote against it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 116
Ipswin
April 5, 2018, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
The Trust is as dead and buried as the current squad and the sooner its closed down the better.

Running and therefore putting money into the club by raising the takings of the bars in exchange for a Trust member to sit, powerlessly, on the Board together with gifting Fenty a huge block of shares is pretty much its only contribution.

Infighting amongst the Trust's own board, failure to accept assistance from willing volunteers who might just take it forward, lack of communication to individual members but above all absolutely no power where it matters (with Fenty and Co) begs the question what is the Trust not only achieving but what is it even there for.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Board Meeting Tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.