MuddyWaters
April 4, 2018, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC
The Trust will never be what it could be until people get behind it with their small donations, personal time and a belief that things can be made better, look at OP.

I’m amazed when I read on here that the Trust should do this and the Trust should do that in regards to ousting JF but in reality their hands are tied and they have limited resources.

If people want the Trust to be more effective they need to join, a Trust could become a “movement” then who knows? I personally believe that a stronger Trust would mean a stronger club.

Chicken & egg though isn't it? If there was a prospect of the Trust influencing the future of GTFC then many would join, but the current situation doesn't suggest that happening any time soon.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 116
Cloudy
April 4, 2018, 9:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Chicken & egg though isn't it? If there was a prospect of the Trust influencing the future of GTFC then many would join, but the current situation doesn't suggest that happening any time soon.

Maybe think more of what you could do for the Trust rather than what the Trust could do for you?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 4, 2018, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If they had strength in numbers who knows what they can do? It’s very easy to be critical but until people join them in the trenches you never know.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 116
Croxton
April 4, 2018, 10:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
Makes entire sense to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 116
lew chaterleys lover
April 4, 2018, 10:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
I don't really know a lot about the Trust, apart from what I read on here, and to be perfectly honest I am not bothered.

The only thing that matters is the removal of Fenty, and to start afresh. If that was the Trust's stated aim,  would join and throw my weight behind it but anything else is a waste of time.

From what I have read on here the Trust seem more in cahoots with Fenty rather than trying to oust him so I have no idea what they are trying to achieve.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 116
MuddyWaters
April 4, 2018, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If they had strength in numbers who knows what they can do? It’s very easy to be critical but until people join them in the trenches you never know.

The strength in numbers needs to be in votable shares though. Anything else is insignificant, although I get your point.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 4, 2018, 10:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I don't really know a lot about the Trust, apart from what I read on here, and to be perfectly honest I am not bothered.

The only thing that matters is the removal of Fenty, and to start afresh. If that was the Trust's stated aim,  would join and throw my weight behind it but anything else is a waste of time.

From what I have read on here the Trust seem more in cahoots with Fenty rather than trying to oust him so I have no idea what they are trying to achieve.

I’m not 100% but I guess he Trust see a place on the current board as a better way to influence the future of the club, looking at the way the boys club that is “the gang of 4” behave I get the change from within strategy.

If they had a public mandate of removing Fenty there is no way they’d be involved in any dialogue with the directors.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 4, 2018, 10:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The strength in numbers needs to be in votable shares though. Anything else is insignificant, although I get your point.

I’m not sure I get yours TBH, not having a pop I just don’t see what you mean.

Maybe it’s unique to football clubs but If you’re  on a company board and have more equity than another director it does not necessarily mean you have more voting rights. Then again as we have a “non chairman” who can tell?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 116
KingstonMariner
April 4, 2018, 11:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not necessarily. First things first. Need to get the membership up. Min 1000 to have credibility as the true voice of the fans. As many members as ST holders and you have a real force to be reckoned with.

More members means more money as well as a credible claim to represent fans. You also have, simply as a by-product of having more members, more people ready and willing to be active. And greater diversity of skills

You build up a 'warchest' and credibility. If and when the balloon goes up you are ready to step in. But you don't just simply buy shares as it might just disappear if the excrement hits the fan (no pun intended).

When that happens, having more people available to share the burden means you have more chance of success too. Many people have more expertise that the club could use but simply cannot afford (and in some cases has remarkably, actually turned down). An expansion on the rationale for Marley and Day being on the board. But they'd have the justification of being the biggest, on-going financial supporters of the club.

Also, with a really big membership you'd have more chance of Fenty taking you seriously so revolution might be replaced with reform and evolution.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 116
livosnose
April 5, 2018, 5:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Thanks for the reminder about flasks, but to be honest, the real issues are much deeper than can be resolved by a new policy on flasks.

Maybe someone from the Cayman Islands could sponsor new eco friendly flasks?

Yeh there’s more than one town fan in the Cayman Islands....what’s your point?

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Board Meeting Tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.