ska face
April 5, 2018, 2:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,563
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well maybe you being the font of all knowledge can put us right Grant?

Not for me to speak on other people’s behalf, Steve, but aren’t lines like “well known pro-Fenty acolytes” being “installed” are a bit OTT? The thread’s gone from the Trust being like a Women’s Institure committee to being such a political threat that Fenty, a man who demonstrably couldn’t run a bath, has installed covert pro-regime sleeper agents in the group and instigated the resignation (one effectively forced by the fans) of two successive chairs? How many people are on the Trust board - 8? 10? It’s my understanding that any decisions the Trust (eventually) make are decided by the board as a whole, if so Fenty’s done a right job in getting his acolytes to make up the majority of that group.

Why the Trust aren’t more visible on here I’ll never know. A massive failing. Without an official moderating presence on here, it effectively leaves a vacuum for the whole conversation to become massively polarised and people fill that with speculation and assumption. The Trust needs to play a much more active role in the discussions taking place about it.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 116
ginnywings
April 5, 2018, 3:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from ska face

Not for me to speak on other people’s behalf, Steve, but aren’t lines like “well known pro-Fenty acolytes” being “installed” are a bit OTT? The thread’s gone from the Trust being like a Women’s Institure committee to being such a political threat that Fenty, a man who demonstrably couldn’t run a bath, has installed covert pro-regime sleeper agents in the group and instigated the resignation (one effectively forced by the fans) of two successive chairs? How many people are on the Trust board - 8? 10? It’s my understanding that any decisions the Trust (eventually) make are decided by the board as a whole, if so Fenty’s done a right job in getting his acolytes to make up the majority of that group.

Why the Trust aren’t more visible on here I’ll never know. A massive failing.

Ok, seeing as you have quoted something i said, i will withdraw it and put it another way. Both Chris Parker and Paul Savage have resigned from the Trust because they cannot work with the GTFC board, which in effect is JF, and both have mentioned him by name. So you could say that people opposed to the board don't last long, and it remains to be seen how the new chair fares in his role. I'm just quoting other people when i say he is aligned to JF. I have no personal knowledge of that being the case, so i apologise for my assumption.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2018, 4:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ska face

Why the Trust aren’t more visible on here I’ll never know. A massive failing. Without an official moderating presence on here, it effectively leaves a vacuum for the whole conversation to become massively polarised and people fill that with speculation and assumption. The Trust needs to play a much more active role in the discussions taking place about it.

Maybe the Trust see the Fishy for what it is a massage board rather than a medium for communicating their day to day business or a consultative body but I do get what you mean and to a degree agree.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2018, 4:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Lets have it right though, the people who have given time to the Trust have been involved in some hugely positive things. Operation Promotion was an amazing effort and must have taken a huge amount of work. The response from the then SLO and Trust chairman to Bragate was fantastic and they were totally let down by the club.

It's clear from the comments that Bax has made that their are problems and that the club has been able to influence decisions and communications where it shouldnt be able to. Who's fault is that? is it well meaning people who give up their time for free or is it those who seek to influence when they should not?

I think the Trust survey showed that the many fans want the Trust to seek change and i expect that will have been discussed heavily at the meeting last night. I would be very shocked if they are not putting the 30k to a members vote and if they do not asking if they should be seeking a change of leadership at the club.

Re last night’s meeting I had an email from a member of their committee earlier today in response to my questions. There is also a couple of statements coming out in the next couple of days in relation to the meeting.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 116
MuddyWaters
April 5, 2018, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Maybe the Trust see the Fishy for what it is a massage board rather than a medium for communicating their day to day business or a consultative body but I do get what you mean and to a degree agree.

It's not working for my back  
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2018, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's not working for my back  

😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 116
Gaffer58
April 5, 2018, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
If board meetings are confidential I assume no minutes are produced for public viewing, although I would assume they are taken. So under the "freedom of information act" cannot an individual or group request a copy, this is for both GTFC board and trust board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 116
ska face
April 5, 2018, 6:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,563
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from Gaffer58
If board meetings are confidential I assume no minutes are produced for public viewing, although I would assume they are taken. So under the "freedom of information act" cannot an individual or group request a copy, this is for both GTFC board and trust board.

Trust Board minutes are published on the Trust website.

FOIs are only for publically funded bodies - https://www.gov.uk/make-a-freedom-of-information-request/organisations-you-can-ask-for-information
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 116
gytone
April 5, 2018, 6:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
I got a lifetime membership of the trust when BigChris was chairman, I was a big fan of his posts on here and an admirer of him without knowing him and really thought he and the trust could make a difference. I have to say I was really surprise when he resigned but understand why now.
I bought into the operation promotion and spent money I probably shouldn't have, much to my missus dissaproval 😉, but believed in, or fell for it all.
I also was a big supporter of Fenty and thought he'd been unlucky but thought he'd helped the club stay afloat, all this until he appointed Slade for the second time, I thought it was a big mistake as it immediately alienated probably 30% of the fans at a guess.
Having read various threads on JF etc. About operation promotion and after the fans forum when we were told to shut up by Marley etc I have to admit I've never felt so low and thoroughly fed up with Town as a club.
I've only been to 4 games this year, 2 of which have been Jolleys two home games, and I won't be there Saturday as I'm away.
In conclusion Fenty has to go, I don't know how or when it can be done but his desicions and most of the board members, Marley etc are just running MY club and I really feel we will go the way of York etc.
Will I be going next year, not a chance whilst Fenty and Marley are still around 😡😟
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 116
KingstonMariner
April 5, 2018, 8:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Lets have it right though, the people who have given time to the Trust have been involved in some hugely positive things. Operation Promotion was an amazing effort and must have taken a huge amount of work. The response from the then SLO and Trust chairman to Bragate was fantastic and they were totally let down by the club.

It's clear from the comments that Bax has made that their are problems and that the club has been able to influence decisions and communications where it shouldnt be able to. Who's fault is that? is it well meaning people who give up their time for free or is it those who seek to influence when they should not?

I think the Trust survey showed that the many fans want the Trust to seek change and i expect that will have been discussed heavily at the meeting last night. I would be very shocked if they are not putting the 30k to a members vote and if they do not asking if they should be seeking a change of leadership at the club.

To be really fair, Kristine was the club's SLO not the Trust's. So her appointment was one thing the club got right in the last two seasons. Dumping her was one of the worst.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Board Meeting Tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.