12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
April 6, 2018, 7:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
The minutes just show what a joke the Trust are.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 116
Bigdog
April 6, 2018, 7:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from realist
Gobdmacked. Absolutely disgraceful lack of discussion about recent events. What about the survey result discussion?  Who are supporters direct who appear to have a lot of input?

https://supporters-direct.org/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 116
lew chaterleys lover
April 6, 2018, 8:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Trickytrev

Why bother? Really why are they bothering? People seem to love meetings and even more so committee meetings that get the square root of zero done.

Our only hope is that a consortium with business acumen, money and determination make Fenty an offer he cannot refuse.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 116
MuddyWaters
April 6, 2018, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235

Why bother? Really why are they bothering? People seem to love meetings and even more so committee meetings that get the square root of zero done.

Our only hope is that a consortium with business acumen, money and determination make Fenty an offer he cannot refuse.

Exactly. That document increases my faith in the machinations of the Trust by approximately zero. That said, if you have no influence, then there can't be a lot to discuss anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 116
Davec
April 6, 2018, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
What's the point in these meetings? They achieve nothing, constantly skirting around important issues to talk about smartphone quizzes and stuff. This is why I am not a member and potentially never will be, along with reasons others have mentioned...

If Barralad or anybody else wishes to convince me otherwise than they can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 116
TAGG
April 6, 2018, 8:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 116
arryarryarry
April 6, 2018, 8:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Not impressed by those minutes and what was discussed at all and in no way makes me even think about joining.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 116
Ipswin
April 6, 2018, 9:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Is that it? FFS nothing at all on the topics that are actually bothering the average fan.

The Trust is clearly as toothless at its own board meetings as it is at those of the club board, unless the Trust have given Fenty a seat on their board (I hope they are charging him if they have) and he is dictating what can be made public as usual

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 116
HertsGTFC
April 6, 2018, 9:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
So to be fair the minutes reflect the agenda which actually shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone as that’s the way most board meetings go.

I attend a few board meetings each year and usually if we want to add an agenda point at short notice we propose a resolution take a vote and if carried it gets added to the agenda. This is corporate law process not sure if applies to Trusts and charities but we used to work in that manner when I was part of my local rugby club exec. Usually in both spheres if it’s not on the written agenda it doesn’t get minuted unless it’s “raised AOB”.

When you read the minutes at the end it mentioned that a fan had sent in some questions relating to recruitment, retention and what their strategy will be going forward, we’ll that was me. I took the time to ask a couple of pertinent questions and tonight received a very polite and encouraging e-mail in response. I am not going to share it on here as it was private but the content said to me that the people involved in the Trust really care and are as worried as we are about our current predicament.

I am 100% sure that we will see some “policy” or “agenda” from them in the next couple of weeks. Will it be what we all want? I doubt it as “ you can please some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time” .

What also needs to be recognised (my thoughts not their words) it’s that at this moment it’s a really challenging time for the club as a whole and there can only be one objective - to stay up. Once we know our league status my view it would be right for the Trust to release what they stand for and their objectives.

No doubt I’ll get called to fcuk on here for the above but taking the time to share my observations and questions with the Trust board felt like the right thing to do at the time.

UTM!!!

BTW - Don’t Red Cross as I tuned it off months ago 😉

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 116
realist
April 6, 2018, 10:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Fair comment Herts.
Ps you didnt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Board Meeting Tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.