1mickylyons
April 5, 2018, 11:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from ginnywings
Sadly, the Trust have been managed far better than the football team. As soon as they got those shares and became a threat, they were corralled and neutered by the board. The key phrase when the Trust shares became an issue was "control is outside of the boardroom" and that is what it's all about- control. The SLO has been edged out for one of their own and now Alan Rutter has been installed, a well known Fenty acolyte. Anyone that is opposed to the regime in any way soon ends up leaving or being pushed aside. The Trust are a well meaning body and they no doubt care deeply about the club, but they are powerless and the sooner they get off the board the better. I can see the argument by some that they should not relinquish their board position, but it's merely symbolic in my opinion and carries no weight, even though it represents the biggest body and major financial contributor to the club- the fans.

Not sure of the legality of repeating what gets said in the boardroom and too be honest JF and the board should keep things behind closed doors but that should not stop the Trust Rep from expressing in the strongest possible terms the fans disquiet.The board position was a great chance to take the Club forward OP showed what could be done when the support was galvanized.However sadly it now appears OP drove some sort of wedge and is being used as a stick to beat the fans with by the Club who compound it by then trying to take the fans for granted at every opportunity all the while pointing the finger.When will someone at GTFC take responsibility for something like Port Vale and the shocking lack of know how in controlling a football crowd in this case 100 or so morons allowed to open a gate and attack home supporters?They get so many little things wrong time and again and I can only think it`s square pegs in round holes everything about GTFC seems not as good as it could and should be.Were better than this but sadly far too many of us are that used to it now we just accept it.Not good enough Mariner`s Trust and you need to be saying so LOUDLY
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 116
ska face
April 5, 2018, 12:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,352
Gold Stars: 824
There are some quite amazing accusations being thrown about here about individuals with zero grounding in reality, from what I’ve seen.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 116
Bigdog
April 5, 2018, 12:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I've heard the argument countless times that the Trust is better infuencing the club from within. Well, this season where has the influence on the board's actions been on the following list or are they just too aligned to JF and the boys? And this is less than one season's worth..

Unbalanced squad recruitment in the summer

Too many pre-season friendlies against lower tier teams

Allowing talented players to leave in January when we're struggling

No influence on sacking Slade earlier

Checkatrade voting

Bragate stance by the club

Calling fans with an alternative view vile without being held to account

Calling fans bullies over Checkatrade attendances without being held to account

SLO farce

Matt Dean attack

Snooker table interviews

Pointless and ludicrous Powerpoint presentations by the manager at a Fans Forum

Stopping a boardroom colleague offering ten round straighteners

Thinking Stephen Marley is the right PR person at a Fans Forum

Endless sanctimonious statements with digs at the fans

Letting the board undermine the Trust at every opportunity

Allow board members to slag off OP without being held to account

Allow board members to slag off the Trust without being held to account

Not holding Extreme to account for Twitter rants

Allow the board to punish fans for Port Vale

Not insisting on a members vote re American investment

As well meaning as the Trust seems, this list proves how toothless it really is on the board of GTFC. The other board members will do exactly what they want anyway and are keeping their "perceived enemy" under control at close quarters..

Time for a stepping away and reincarnation in my opinion..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 116
1mickylyons
April 5, 2018, 12:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ska face
There are some quite amazing accusations being thrown about here about individuals with zero grounding in reality, from what I’ve seen.

Well maybe you being the font of all knowledge can put us right Grant?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 116
GrimRob
April 5, 2018, 1:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ska face

So we want Fenty (and the rest of the board) to leave (ideally tomorrow) and the Trust to be disbanded? In other words anyone who has stuck their head above the parapet and assumed some sort of office. Seems reasonable to me  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 116
1mickylyons
April 5, 2018, 1:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

So we want Fenty (and the rest of the board) to leave (ideally tomorrow) and the Trust to be disbanded? In other words anyone who has stuck their head above the parapet and assumed some sort of office. Seems reasonable to me  

You surely realise Rob this is all your fault or at least you must be next in line for a good kick in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 116
GrimRob
April 5, 2018, 1:19pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You surely realise Rob this is all your fault or at least you must be next in line for a good kick in

It's all my fault I admit it. If I hadn't have founded the Fishy we'd still be in the Championship, and might even have been playing the Europa Cup tonight.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 116
headingly_mariner
April 5, 2018, 1:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Quoted from Bigdog
I've heard the argument countless times that the Trust is better infuencing the club from within. Well, this season where has the influence on the board's actions on the following list or are they just too aligned to JF and the boys? And this is less than one season's worth..

Unbalanced squad recruitment in the summer

Too many pre-season friendlies against lower tier teams

Allowing talented players to leave in January when we're struggling

No influence on sacking Slade earlier

Checkatrade voting

Bragate stance by the club

Calling fans with an alternative view vile without being held to account

Calling fans bullies over Checkatrade attendances without being held to account

SLO farce

Matt Dean attack

Snooker table interviews

Pointless and ludicrous Powerpoint presentations by the manager at a Fans Forum

Stopping a boardroom colleague offering ten round straighteners

Thinking Stephen Marley is the right PR person at a Fans Forum

Endless sanctimonious statements with digs at the fans

Letting the board undermine the Trust at every opportunity

Allow board members to slag off OP without being held to account

Allow board members to slag off the Trust without being held to account

Not holding Extreme to account for Twitter rants

Allow the board to punish fans for Port Vale

Not insisting on a members vote re American investment

As well meaning as the Trust seems, this list proves how toothless it really is on the board of GTFC. The other board members will do exactly what they want anyway and are keeping their "perceived enemy" under control at close quarters..

Time for a stepping away and reincarnation in my opinion..

Lets have it right though, the people who have given time to the Trust have been involved in some hugely positive things. Operation Promotion was an amazing effort and must have taken a huge amount of work. The response from the then SLO and Trust chairman to Bragate was fantastic and they were totally let down by the club.

It's clear from the comments that Bax has made that their are problems and that the club has been able to influence decisions and communications where it shouldnt be able to. Who's fault is that? is it well meaning people who give up their time for free or is it those who seek to influence when they should not?

I think the Trust survey showed that the many fans want the Trust to seek change and i expect that will have been discussed heavily at the meeting last night. I would be very shocked if they are not putting the 30k to a members vote and if they do not asking if they should be seeking a change of leadership at the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 116
Bigdog
April 5, 2018, 1:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Lets have it right though, the people who have given time to the Trust have been involved in some hugely positive things. Operation Promotion was an amazing effort and must have taken a huge amount of work. The response from the then SLO and Trust chairman to Bragate was fantastic and they were totally let down by the club.

It's clear from the comments that Bax has made that their are problems and that the club has been able to influence decisions and communications where it shouldnt be able to. Who's fault is that? is it well meaning people who give up their time for free or is it those who seek to influence when they should not?

I think the Trust survey showed that the many fans want the Trust to seek change and i expect that will have been discussed heavily at the meeting last night. I would be very shocked if they are not putting the 30k to a members vote and if they do not asking if they should be seeking a change of leadership at the club.

Exactly, and you emphasise my point even more by highlighting three great things the Trust have done that were independent from the GTFC boardroom.. Every bad decision that's come from the GTFC boardroom the Trust haven't got a prayer of influencing final decisions or even airing their own opinion as they have to tow the boardroom line of discretion..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 116
1mickylyons
April 5, 2018, 2:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Good post hm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Board Meeting Tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.