Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just listened to jollys interview with David burns
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 193 Guests

Just listened to jollys interview with David burns

This thread currently has 14,110 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
March 31, 2018, 7:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Nothing wrong with that interview at all . Burnsy has got the balls to ask what needs asking . If you think he is wrong then you are part of the problem .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 78
Mariner56
March 31, 2018, 7:56am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from toontown
Pretty sure Jolley was asking him his name in an attempt at a put down, if he didn't know it there was no need to make it clear. Thought Jolley handled himslef well enough like Tiny said, but burnsy asked the questions that needed asking. The club could really do with some1 like that on the inside, asking questions of it, the nodding donkey acceptance of Fenty's shite within GTFC has got us were we are today.

I agree, thought it was a great put down from Jolley to a guy who prides himself on his interviewing technique of ruffling managers feathers and getting under their skin. I think it was MJs way of getting his point across that it's not going to work on him. Consider your feathers well and truly ruffled ...... mmm sorry what's your name??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 78
dapperz fun pub
March 31, 2018, 8:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Burnsy is not anti gtfc imo he's anti jon fenty like many on here , I think he's a decent commentator and asks the relevant questions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 78
MeanwoodMariner
March 31, 2018, 8:22am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Burnsy is a one trick pony in his interviews. He just reworded "You're team is shite, isn't it?" a multitude of ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 78
Garth
March 31, 2018, 8:37am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Matt Dean, is head and shoulders above Burns regarding sensible probing questions, it's a wonder Burns doesn't want to name himself the Duke like that other twit on TV
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 78
Youngy
March 31, 2018, 9:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,662
Gold Stars: 9
Credit to Jolley, he clearly sees its important not to throw his team under the bus as much as Burnsy wanted him too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 78
Ipswin
March 31, 2018, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Bentley
Jolly hasn't got a clue had to even ask what David burns name was live on air. Is he any better than slade not so sure. Would a different appointment been better maybe so.

He might not have known Burns' name but once he did I bet he can spell it. Unlike you and all the other culprits,  its JollEy for felicitations sake

Mind you once Jolley was told his name it was absolutely cringeworthy how many times he sucked up by using it in a reply. Comes across to me as a bit of a smarmy git our new manager, thinks he's still working on the N York stock exchange. (Lets hope he'll SELL, SELL, SELL this Summer or rather give away or simply just get rid)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 78
Grantley
March 31, 2018, 10:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
I thought he did it to belittle ‘Burnsey’ tbh. Who gives their name as that to someone they’ve never met?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 78
TownSNAFU5
March 31, 2018, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,875
Gold Stars: 42
Burnsey repeatedly asked about not pushing on in the second-half.  He could have concentrated more on the first-half when we did create some good chances.

I think that he asks some good questions but also likes asking other unaswerable questions just to provoke a response.  Who knows if we will be good enough to stay up?  What do you expect the manager to say?  

What is your name Burnsey?  You can have fun with a missing comma.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 78
Gaffer58
March 31, 2018, 10:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Why can't he blame that sharp object Slade ? I think he will once were relegated, why wouldn't he after all the players in the main are his I would like that sharp objects name dissed publicly

He has to be careful what he says regarding previous transfer windows and Slade, he knows Slade is still round at Fenty towers washing cars and gardening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just listened to jollys interview with David burns

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.