Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bentley, March 30, 2018, 5:55pm
Jolly hasn't got a clue had to even ask what David burns name was live on air. Is he any better than slade not so sure. Would a different appointment been better maybe so.
Posted by: Grantley, March 30, 2018, 5:57pm; Reply: 1
You are the shittest WUM I’ve seen on this site, intercourse off.
Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, March 30, 2018, 5:57pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Bentley
Jolly hasn't got a clue had to even ask what David burns name was live on air. Is he any better than slade not so sure. Would a different appointment been better maybe so.

You think a manager at a new club should be able to remember everyone's name he's met in a matter of weeks?
Posted by: Hagrid, March 30, 2018, 6:02pm; Reply: 3
Shutup bentley for christ sake
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 30, 2018, 6:05pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Bentley

Who the fuk is Dave Burns anyway? Un-Interesting washed up journo from a tin pot crummy local radio station interviews Cambridge graduate who’s already had one successful career before debasing himself by talking to a ypurkie loving knob jockey.

And BTW Bentley you’re a waste of oxygen.

Posted by: toontown, March 30, 2018, 6:05pm; Reply: 5
not interest in Bentley's nonsense but has anybody got a link would like to hear the interview
Posted by: ginnywings, March 30, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 6
Burns was asking pertinent questions and Jolley was answering them. What's the problem?
Posted by: Stadium, March 30, 2018, 6:09pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Who the fuk is Dave Burns anyway? Un-Interesting washed up journo from a tin pot crummy local radio station interviews Cambridge graduate who’s already had one successful career before debasing himself by talking to a ypurkie loving knob jockey.

His commentary was far more interesting than JT's today in my opinion.
He obviously dislikes Grimsby but the rapport between AB & himself was far more entertaining.
At least DB comments on how it is and isn't monotone & frankly boring.

Posted by: toontown, March 30, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 8
Can't find the interview on humberside website - do they not post links of such things?
Posted by: tintowner, March 30, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 9
Burnsy asks it like it is and tells it like it is.

The best bit for me was afterwards when he was laying the blame on Fentys and the boards doorstep for our problems.... didn't mince his words or opinions!
Posted by: Stadium, March 30, 2018, 6:11pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from tintowner
Burnsy asks it like it is and tells it like it is.

The best bit for me was afterwards when he was laying the blame on Fentys and the boards doorstep for our problems.... didn't mince his words or opinions!

This.
Can you imagine JT saying that?
Posted by: ginnywings, March 30, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from toontown
Can't find the interview on humberside website - do they not post links of such things?

It will be on there at some point tonight.
Posted by: mariner83, March 30, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 12
[tweet]979756959636353024[/tweet]
Posted by: LH, March 30, 2018, 6:17pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It’s hardly Compass is it? Who you expecting? Paxman?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, March 30, 2018, 6:18pm; Reply: 14
I'd agree the bit after the interview was the most interesting gets right stuck into Fenty. Rightly so too.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 30, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Bentley

Its called interview technique, by asking his name and then saying it to Burnsy he is able to defuse the situation and bring him onside which I thought he did, Burnsy started to lay off a little
Posted by: Bentley, March 30, 2018, 6:24pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Grantley
You are the shittest WUM I’ve seen on this site, intercourse off.

Don't thinks so I'll prove me right you prove am wrong.
Posted by: Stadium, March 30, 2018, 6:26pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Bentley

Don't thinks so I'll prove me right you prove am wrong.

??
And that says it all......
Posted by: mariner91, March 30, 2018, 6:36pm; Reply: 18
Lay off him guys, he's clearly very simple.
Posted by: Bentley, March 30, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from mariner91

Simple it's quite easy looking at the table and the points we have. who we have to play. And who the other teams have to play. Now it turns out your simple.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 30, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 20
You're more than entitled to your opinion Bentley, but that's what it is, an opinion. No one is right or wrong, and others may disagree with you. It's what happens on public forums.
Posted by: SomeSanity, March 30, 2018, 7:03pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Bentley

Simple it's quite easy looking at the table and the points we have. who we have to play. And who the other teams have to play. Now it turns out your simple.

It's you're. Like you're fecking simple Bentley.

It's clear to all of the this is a bigger task than Michael Jolley thought it was and to be frank, I've been a Mariners fan for as long as I can remember and I wouldn't know who Burns was if I fell over the fella. So pipe down soft lad.
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 30, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 22
I like Burnsy but he sounds like a tosser at the start of that interview. He's a new manager who is trying to clean up Slades disaster and Burnsy is speaking to him like he's a headmaster talking to a naughty school kid.
Posted by: Bentley, March 30, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
You're more than entitled to your opinion Bentley, but that's what it is, an opinion. No one is right or wrong, and others may disagree with you. It's what happens on public forums.

Thankyou
Posted by: Numanoid, March 30, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 24
I think there's a cunning plan going on and Burnsey is actually Bentley incognito!  (That means the same person Bentley .....Or is it Burnsey ?) ;D
Posted by: Garth, March 30, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from pontoonlew
I like Burnsy but he sounds like a tosser at the start of that interview. He's a new manager who is trying to clean up Slades disaster and Burnsy is speaking to him like he's a headmaster talking to a naughty school kid.

Don`t worry about MJ,  he`s probably swam and survived in more shark invested seas than what Burnsy could even imagine, the what is your name would have rocked Burnsy to his boots
Posted by: Garth, March 30, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from pontoonlew

Don`t worry about MJ,  he`s probably swam and survived in more shark invested seas than what Burnsy could even imagine, the what is your name would have rocked Burnsy to his boots
Posted by: chicaneuk, March 30, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from pontoonlew

Not sure why you got red crossed for that comment.. you're totally right.

Still really like MJ's attitude. He's very cool when being interviewed.
Posted by: mariner91, March 30, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Bentley

I love irony.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, March 30, 2018, 7:24pm; Reply: 29
I have no problem with Burnsy as he clearly doesn't like Fenty so he gets my vote on that. He's also not a bad commentator when it comes to it.
However thought he questioned Jolley in a arrogant manner (which of course Burnsy is) and there was absolutely no need for that at all.
Lived it when Jolley asked who he was!!
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 30, 2018, 7:26pm; Reply: 30
MJ did know who he was talking to it was a clever ploy to tell Burnsey you will not get me to say anything I don't want to say, 8)

Happy Birthday Michael I hope you will get your present from the players on Monday,
Posted by: Numanoid, March 30, 2018, 7:32pm; Reply: 31
Burnsey is a toss pot !he is so negative and opinionated it makes me puke!clear off and do the rugby ! :P
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 30, 2018, 7:38pm; Reply: 32
To be honest, Burnsy was trying to make Jolley bite but Jolly is more intelligent than that one. He answered him honestly and did not get wound up.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 30, 2018, 7:42pm; Reply: 33
MJ did fine, no matter how much Burnsey tries to get him to say something negative about his players he batted them away calmly, just imagine Slade waffling on. Think Burnsey does ask better questions than JT, RH must get him to interview Fenty at he end of the season, now that could be interesting.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 30, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Gaffer58
MJ did fine, no matter how much Burnsey tries to get him to say something negative about his players he batted them away calmly, just imagine Slade waffling on. Think Burnsey does ask better questions than JT, RH must get him to interview Fenty at he end of the season, now that could be interesting.

Better still Matt Dean should pull out of the next Fans Forum at last minute to be replaced by Burnsy.
Posted by: denni266, March 30, 2018, 8:21pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Better still Matt Dean should pull out of the next Fans Forum at last minute to be replaced by Burnsy.

now that i do like the idea off.. i didnt like burnsey going back a few years ago, but now i can see he askes the right questions  and is a no nonsence commentator  and fenty would not get the better of him
Posted by: toontown, March 30, 2018, 8:27pm; Reply: 36
Thought burnsy question about the lack of creating anything at all 2nd half when we needed to win that game was spot on, needed asking. The club needs people asking questions of it, it isn't performing well enough from top to bottom in pretty much every way
Posted by: darren9, March 30, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 37
For what it’s worth Jolley comes across well in his pre and post match interviews.

For me, it’s not important what a manager says at these. For example Hurst with his emphasis on “keeping us shape” and his monotone delivery didn’t come across well, but he produced the goods. While Bignot with his talk of “the BP”’and his excitable mannerisms came across much better and we can all agree on who we’d rather have in the dug out out of those 2.

But, if we’re analysing the post match presser then I think Jolley talks a good game. He’s clearly intelligent and that comes across. He is able to some extent to control an interview. “Burnsey” has one style which is the fashionable aggressive tone and he’s as good as you could expect someone on local radio to be in that situation but he is by no means an expert interviewer and it shows.

Jolley, for me came out of the encounter well, he has been able to convey his opinions and his beliefs but hasn’t said anything controversial or that would lead to embarrassment further down the line; this is what Burnsey wants. He doesn’t necessarily want “the difficult questions answering” and he doesn’t have the best wishes of the fans/listeners at heart. What he wants is attention be it by a manager saying something he shouldn’t or by an argument. That will ensure that the interview is spoken about. Jolley hasn’t risen to it but he has answered the questions in an honest and a considered manner.

As for the “what’s your name?” Well, prior to applying for our job how likely is it that Jolley has even heard of burnsey? He’s not a massive media figure. His reach extends to the Humberside region and were usually covered by JT in any case. Is it that far-fetched that he doesn’t know who burnsey is? As another poster pointed out he’s had to learn a lot of names in a short space of time and the name of a journalist is probably some way down the list of importance.

It could however have been a clever way of tipping some of the balance of power back in his favour we’ll probably never know.

But, with the lack of points on the board. The lack of ability to score goals and the general shite we find ourselves in an interview with burnsey ranks pretty far down in the list of things Grimsby town fans should be arsed about tonight.
Posted by: Tinymariner, March 30, 2018, 8:31pm; Reply: 38
It’s a about time Burnsy came back to the south bank. I like his no nonsense style and direct questions. Good responses from MJ too.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 30, 2018, 8:41pm; Reply: 39
I’m sure Burnsy would ask Fenty the questions we would all like the answer to. Whether or not Fenty would be up for it is another matter.
Posted by: LH, March 30, 2018, 8:47pm; Reply: 40
Agree with TOC and Tiny. He’d tear Fenty to bits if he interviewed him one on one. On the eve of an Anthony Joshua fight I think we can agree that it’s another heavyweight fight we’d all like to see/hear.
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, March 30, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from darren9
For what it’s worth Jolley comes across well in his pre and post match interviews.

For me, it’s not important what a manager says at these. For example Hurst with his emphasis on “keeping us shape” and his monotone delivery didn’t come across well, but he produced the goods. While Bignot with his talk of “the BP”’and his excitable mannerisms came across much better and we can all agree on who we’d rather have in the dug out out of those 2.

But, if we’re analysing the post match presser then I think Jolley talks a good game. He’s clearly intelligent and that comes across. He is able to some extent to control an interview. “Burnsey” has one style which is the fashionable aggressive tone and he’s as good as you could expect someone on local radio to be in that situation but he is by no means an expert interviewer and it shows.

Jolley, for me came out of the encounter well, he has been able to convey his opinions and his beliefs but hasn’t said anything controversial or that would lead to embarrassment further down the line; this is what Burnsey wants. He doesn’t necessarily want “the difficult questions answering” and he doesn’t have the best wishes of the fans/listeners at heart. What he wants is attention be it by a manager saying something he shouldn’t or by an argument. That will ensure that the interview is spoken about. Jolley hasn’t risen to it but he has answered the questions in an honest and a considered manner.

As for the “what’s your name?” Well, prior to applying for our job how likely is it that Jolley has even heard of burnsey? He’s not a massive media figure. His reach extends to the Humberside region and were usually covered by JT in any case. Is it that far-fetched that he doesn’t know who burnsey is? As another poster pointed out he’s had to learn a lot of names in a short space of time and the name of a journalist is probably some way down the list of importance.

It could however have been a clever way of tipping some of the balance of power back in his favour we’ll probably never know.

But, with the lack of points on the board. The lack of ability to score goals and the general shite we find ourselves in an interview with burnsey ranks pretty far down in the list of things Grimsby town fans should be arsed about tonight.

Oh yes he is! Haven't you seen the fat bustard?   ??)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 30, 2018, 9:05pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I’m sure Burnsy would ask Fenty the questions we would all like the answer to. Whether or not Fenty would be up for it is another matter.

I'd pay to watch that! I bet lots would. Be a good fundraiser for the club.
Posted by: toontown, March 30, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 43
Pretty sure Jolley was asking him his name in an attempt at a put down, if he didn't know it there was no need to make it clear. Thought Jolley handled himslef well enough like Tiny said, but burnsy asked the questions that needed asking. The club could really do with some1 like that on the inside, asking questions of it, the nodding donkey acceptance of Fenty's shite within GTFC has got us were we are today.
Posted by: chaos33, March 30, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 44
I thought Burnsy asked the questions that needed to be asked. Fair play to MJ - he handled this well but I think we all know that one or two answers were more about the professional 'straight bat' than the truth.
Burnsy has to ask the probing questions we would ask ourselves but MJ can't very well say ' I know we are well short and these inherited players are cr@p' can he.
Posted by: Tommy, March 30, 2018, 10:05pm; Reply: 45
I've no problem with Burns asking difficult questions but it comes across a bit like he's acting a mammary when he's pushing MJ on saying the squad hasn't got goals or won't stay up, or can't create chances. What does he think Jolley's going to say, "yeah my players aren't good enough, we're going down without a doubt."

Even if he thinks most of them aren't good enough, he isn't going to say that live in radio is he. So Burns constantly pushing him on this isn't great questioning at all its just persistently trying to wind him up whilst trying to give it the "I'm big time I used to interview Premier League Managers" attitude.

As I say, I'm all for asking pressing questions but I don't particularly think he was doing.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 30, 2018, 10:05pm; Reply: 46
MJ is unlikely to blame the previous manager and the board that appointed him but it would be highly entertaining if he did
Posted by: Barrattstander, March 30, 2018, 10:22pm; Reply: 47
Not sure which I found funnier: MJ asking David Burns who he was or the fact that David Burns self-identifies as the artist known as “Burnsey”
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 30, 2018, 11:54pm; Reply: 48
I thought Burns and Matt Dean just regurgitated the stuff we’ve been talking about for ages on here. I like to hear Burns and Madkins that’s a good battle to be honest
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 31, 2018, 7:33am; Reply: 49
Quoted from MuddyWaters
MJ is unlikely to blame the previous manager and the board that appointed him but it would be highly entertaining if he did

Why can't he blame that sharp object Slade ? I think he will once were relegated, why wouldn't he after all the players in the main are his I would like that sharp objects name dissed publicly
Posted by: fleabag1970, March 31, 2018, 7:47am; Reply: 50
Nothing wrong with that interview at all . Burnsy has got the balls to ask what needs asking . If you think he is wrong then you are part of the problem .
Posted by: Mariner56, March 31, 2018, 7:56am; Reply: 51
Quoted from toontown
Pretty sure Jolley was asking him his name in an attempt at a put down, if he didn't know it there was no need to make it clear. Thought Jolley handled himslef well enough like Tiny said, but burnsy asked the questions that needed asking. The club could really do with some1 like that on the inside, asking questions of it, the nodding donkey acceptance of Fenty's shite within GTFC has got us were we are today.

I agree, thought it was a great put down from Jolley to a guy who prides himself on his interviewing technique of ruffling managers feathers and getting under their skin. I think it was MJs way of getting his point across that it's not going to work on him. Consider your feathers well and truly ruffled ...... mmm sorry what's your name??
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 31, 2018, 8:07am; Reply: 52
Burnsy is not anti gtfc imo he's anti jon fenty like many on here , I think he's a decent commentator and asks the relevant questions
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, March 31, 2018, 8:22am; Reply: 53
Burnsy is a one trick pony in his interviews. He just reworded "You're team is shite, isn't it?" a multitude of ways.
Posted by: Garth, March 31, 2018, 8:37am; Reply: 54
Matt Dean, is head and shoulders above Burns regarding sensible probing questions, it's a wonder Burns doesn't want to name himself the Duke like that other twit on TV
Posted by: Youngy, March 31, 2018, 9:54am; Reply: 55
Credit to Jolley, he clearly sees its important not to throw his team under the bus as much as Burnsy wanted him too.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 31, 2018, 10:10am; Reply: 56
Quoted from Bentley

He might not have known Burns' name but once he did I bet he can spell it. Unlike you and all the other culprits,  its JollEy for felicitations sake

Mind you once Jolley was told his name it was absolutely cringeworthy how many times he sucked up by using it in a reply. Comes across to me as a bit of a smarmy git our new manager, thinks he's still working on the N York stock exchange. (Lets hope he'll SELL, SELL, SELL this Summer or rather give away or simply just get rid)
Posted by: Grantley, March 31, 2018, 10:17am; Reply: 57
I thought he did it to belittle ‘Burnsey’ tbh. Who gives their name as that to someone they’ve never met?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 31, 2018, 10:17am; Reply: 58
Burnsey repeatedly asked about not pushing on in the second-half.  He could have concentrated more on the first-half when we did create some good chances.

I think that he asks some good questions but also likes asking other unaswerable questions just to provoke a response.  Who knows if we will be good enough to stay up?  What do you expect the manager to say?  

What is your name Burnsey?  You can have fun with a missing comma.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 31, 2018, 10:49am; Reply: 59
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Why can't he blame that sharp object Slade ? I think he will once were relegated, why wouldn't he after all the players in the main are his I would like that sharp objects name dissed publicly

He has to be careful what he says regarding previous transfer windows and Slade, he knows Slade is still round at Fenty towers washing cars and gardening.
Posted by: oldun, March 31, 2018, 10:56am; Reply: 60
I think MJ temporarily forgot Burnsey's name
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, March 31, 2018, 11:33am; Reply: 61
I don't mind Burns in general but I don't see the point in asking questions that he knows full well the manager can't answer honestly whilst he's still got to try everything he can to keep heads up and some form of positively.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), March 31, 2018, 11:36am; Reply: 62
Quoted from mariner91

I don't think simple, more likely a Fenty distraction ploy. Whilst we're all telling Bentley to do one we aren't attacking the villain of the piece.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 31, 2018, 11:38am; Reply: 63
Until we start winning games there will be no new questions and no new answers
Posted by: Ipswin, March 31, 2018, 1:05pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from oldun
I think MJ temporarily forgot Burnsey's name

He sure as hell made up for it later in the interview

Posted by: moosey_club, March 31, 2018, 1:43pm; Reply: 65
Pretty sure the two of them spoke after the Coventry game didnt they ? Burnsey was commentating on that one so presume he did the after match piece as well ??
Posted by: devs, March 31, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 66
Thought both did a great job
Burnsy - asked the questions we would want him too, especially the fact we offered nothing second half in terms of creating
Jolley - not going to slate his players, wants to remain positive and look at the good aspects (clean sheet etc).

JT is a legend but is very insipid with his questioning - lacks authority
Burnsy says it as it is and I respect him for it

Pretty certain Jolley asking him for his name was a 'put down' - but I may be wrong
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 31, 2018, 3:20pm; Reply: 67
Me and the missus was having a discussion, well I was mainly listening, so I just thought "let's try the Jolley" so I asked her what her name was, it defused the situation quite quickly, all I need to do now is remove the frying pan from my face!
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 31, 2018, 4:06pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Ipswin

He might not have known Burns' name but once he did I bet he can spell it. Unlike you and all the other culprits,  its JollEy for felicitations sake

Mind you once Jolley was told his name it was absolutely cringeworthy how many times he sucked up by using it in a reply. Comes across to me as a bit of a smarmy git our new manager, thinks he's still working on the N York stock exchange. (Lets hope he'll SELL, SELL, SELL this Summer or rather give away or simply just get rid)

Spot on as always Swin. Big tick ✅ yet again from me. 😃
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 31, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I don't mind Burns in general but I don't see the point in asking questions that he knows full well the manager can't answer honestly whilst he's still got to try everything he can to keep heads up and some form of positively.

Perhaps being honest might work, instead of Sladeisms like we will get it right on the training ground or I think the squad is very capable of staying up how about telling the players "look guys it isn't working what can we do to put it right and have you got in you to do so"
Posted by: chaos33, March 31, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 70
Burns asked the same question re-phrased about four times. Jolley 'straight batted' him as he should without spouting bullsh1t like Slade would have.
Burns says 'it's not good enough is it?'. Jolley did what he should. I like them both.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, March 31, 2018, 8:07pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from arryarryarry

Perhaps being honest might work, instead of Sladeisms like we will get it right on the training ground or I think the squad is very capable of staying up how about telling the players "look guys it isn't working what can we do to put it right and have you got in you to do so"

I'd imagine that is exactly what he has been saying to the players. My point is that what you say to the players directly is a totally different kettle of fish to what you say to a journalist hanging the bait out to get a reaction. In our position only a complete idiot would answer the questions Burnsey was asking by saying the truth e.g. the players are totally hopeless etc. as that would just make matters even worse. It's because it is so obvious that MJ wouldn't do that that Burnsey should have known to not bother asking questions in that way.
Posted by: rancido, April 1, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 72
Quoted from Ipswin

I get the impression that the appointment of JollEy was not your favourite choice of manager for GTFC.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, April 1, 2018, 2:05pm; Reply: 73
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/match-reaction-michael-jolley-has-his-say-on-the-stevenage-game/
Posted by: Ipswin, April 1, 2018, 2:21pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from rancido

I get the impression that the appointment of JollEy was not your favourite choice of manager for GTFC.

No he wasn't, in fact like everyone else on here I'd never heard of him .I would have preferred an experienced man just for the relegation fight (which I fear we are losing) or if Fenty insisted on a young untried (cheap) option, someone who was an ex-player

Whatever at least I can spell the poor bloke's name!

Posted by: Maringer, April 1, 2018, 6:29pm; Reply: 75
A friend of mine made a good comment the other day. He noted that Jolley may well be just the sort of manager we need in the longer term but an experienced old warhorse might have been a better choice for the rest of this season.
Posted by: Garth, April 1, 2018, 7:06pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Maringer
A friend of mine made a good comment the other day. He noted that Jolley may well be just the sort of manager we need in the longer term but an experienced old warhorse might have been a better choice for the rest of this season.

Like Slade you mean, he was old, experienced but more of a donkey
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 1, 2018, 7:29pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Ipswin

No he wasn't, in fact like everyone else on here I'd never heard of him .I would have preferred an experienced man just for the relegation fight (which I fear we are losing) or if Fenty insisted on a young untried (cheap) option, someone who was an ex-player

Whatever at least I can spell the poor bloke's name!

I agree but.....

if we do go down there's only 2 men to blame and Michael Jolley isn't one of them.

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 2, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Garth

Like Slade you mean, he was old, experienced but more of a donkey

I'd say Slade was more of an @ss

The donkeys are out on the pitch
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:48pm