Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just listened to jollys interview with David burns
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 239 Guests

Just listened to jollys interview with David burns

This thread currently has 14,104 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
chaos33
March 31, 2018, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 356
Burns asked the same question re-phrased about four times. Jolley 'straight batted' him as he should without spouting bullsh1t like Slade would have.
Burns says 'it's not good enough is it?'. Jolley did what he should. I like them both.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
Roast Em Bobby
March 31, 2018, 8:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from arryarryarry

Perhaps being honest might work, instead of Sladeisms like we will get it right on the training ground or I think the squad is very capable of staying up how about telling the players "look guys it isn't working what can we do to put it right and have you got in you to do so"

I'd imagine that is exactly what he has been saying to the players. My point is that what you say to the players directly is a totally different kettle of fish to what you say to a journalist hanging the bait out to get a reaction. In our position only a complete idiot would answer the questions Burnsey was asking by saying the truth e.g. the players are totally hopeless etc. as that would just make matters even worse. It's because it is so obvious that MJ wouldn't do that that Burnsey should have known to not bother asking questions in that way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
rancido
April 1, 2018, 11:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Ipswin

He might not have known Burns' name but once he did I bet he can spell it. Unlike you and all the other culprits,  its JollEy for felicitations sake

Mind you once Jolley was told his name it was absolutely cringeworthy how many times he sucked up by using it in a reply. Comes across to me as a bit of a smarmy git our new manager, thinks he's still working on the N York stock exchange. (Lets hope he'll SELL, SELL, SELL this Summer or rather give away or simply just get rid)

I get the impression that the appointment of JollEy was not your favourite choice of manager for GTFC.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
The Grim Reaper
April 1, 2018, 2:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
Ipswin
April 1, 2018, 2:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido

I get the impression that the appointment of JollEy was not your favourite choice of manager for GTFC.

No he wasn't, in fact like everyone else on here I'd never heard of him .I would have preferred an experienced man just for the relegation fight (which I fear we are losing) or if Fenty insisted on a young untried (cheap) option, someone who was an ex-player

Whatever at least I can spell the poor bloke's name!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
Maringer
April 1, 2018, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,468
Gold Stars: 185
A friend of mine made a good comment the other day. He noted that Jolley may well be just the sort of manager we need in the longer term but an experienced old warhorse might have been a better choice for the rest of this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
Garth
April 1, 2018, 7:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Maringer
A friend of mine made a good comment the other day. He noted that Jolley may well be just the sort of manager we need in the longer term but an experienced old warhorse might have been a better choice for the rest of this season.

Like Slade you mean, he was old, experienced but more of a donkey
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
promotion plaice
April 1, 2018, 7:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194
Quoted from Ipswin

No he wasn't, in fact like everyone else on here I'd never heard of him .I would have preferred an experienced man just for the relegation fight (which I fear we are losing) or if Fenty insisted on a young untried (cheap) option, someone who was an ex-player

Whatever at least I can spell the poor bloke's name!

I agree but.....

if we do go down there's only 2 men to blame and Michael Jolley isn't one of them.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 78
FishOutOfWater
April 2, 2018, 12:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Garth

Like Slade you mean, he was old, experienced but more of a donkey

I'd say Slade was more of an @ss

The donkeys are out on the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just listened to jollys interview with David burns

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.