Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just listened to jollys interview with David burns
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 150 Guests

Just listened to jollys interview with David burns

This thread currently has 14,094 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
March 30, 2018, 7:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,778
Gold Stars: 221
MJ did know who he was talking to it was a clever ploy to tell Burnsey you will not get me to say anything I don't want to say,

Happy Birthday Michael I hope you will get your present from the players on Monday,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
Numanoid
March 30, 2018, 7:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
Burnsey is a toss pot !he is so negative and opinionated it makes me puke!clear off and do the rugby !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
Mrs Doyle
March 30, 2018, 7:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To be honest, Burnsy was trying to make Jolley bite but Jolly is more intelligent than that one. He answered him honestly and did not get wound up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
Gaffer58
March 30, 2018, 7:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,084
Gold Stars: 31
MJ did fine, no matter how much Burnsey tries to get him to say something negative about his players he batted them away calmly, just imagine Slade waffling on. Think Burnsey does ask better questions than JT, RH must get him to interview Fenty at he end of the season, now that could be interesting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
jamesgtfc
March 30, 2018, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Gaffer58
MJ did fine, no matter how much Burnsey tries to get him to say something negative about his players he batted them away calmly, just imagine Slade waffling on. Think Burnsey does ask better questions than JT, RH must get him to interview Fenty at he end of the season, now that could be interesting.

Better still Matt Dean should pull out of the next Fans Forum at last minute to be replaced by Burnsy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 78
denni266
March 30, 2018, 8:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +681
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Better still Matt Dean should pull out of the next Fans Forum at last minute to be replaced by Burnsy.

now that i do like the idea off.. i didnt like burnsey going back a few years ago, but now i can see he askes the right questions  and is a no nonsence commentator  and fenty would not get the better of him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
toontown
March 30, 2018, 8:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,247
Gold Stars: 70
Thought burnsy question about the lack of creating anything at all 2nd half when we needed to win that game was spot on, needed asking. The club needs people asking questions of it, it isn't performing well enough from top to bottom in pretty much every way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
darren9
March 30, 2018, 8:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
For what it’s worth Jolley comes across well in his pre and post match interviews.

For me, it’s not important what a manager says at these. For example Hurst with his emphasis on “keeping us shape” and his monotone delivery didn’t come across well, but he produced the goods. While Bignot with his talk of “the BP”’and his excitable mannerisms came across much better and we can all agree on who we’d rather have in the dug out out of those 2.

But, if we’re analysing the post match presser then I think Jolley talks a good game. He’s clearly intelligent and that comes across. He is able to some extent to control an interview. “Burnsey” has one style which is the fashionable aggressive tone and he’s as good as you could expect someone on local radio to be in that situation but he is by no means an expert interviewer and it shows.

Jolley, for me came out of the encounter well, he has been able to convey his opinions and his beliefs but hasn’t said anything controversial or that would lead to embarrassment further down the line; this is what Burnsey wants. He doesn’t necessarily want “the difficult questions answering” and he doesn’t have the best wishes of the fans/listeners at heart. What he wants is attention be it by a manager saying something he shouldn’t or by an argument. That will ensure that the interview is spoken about. Jolley hasn’t risen to it but he has answered the questions in an honest and a considered manner.

As for the “what’s your name?” Well, prior to applying for our job how likely is it that Jolley has even heard of burnsey? He’s not a massive media figure. His reach extends to the Humberside region and were usually covered by JT in any case. Is it that far-fetched that he doesn’t know who burnsey is? As another poster pointed out he’s had to learn a lot of names in a short space of time and the name of a journalist is probably some way down the list of importance.

It could however have been a clever way of tipping some of the balance of power back in his favour we’ll probably never know.

But, with the lack of points on the board. The lack of ability to score goals and the general shite we find ourselves in an interview with burnsey ranks pretty far down in the list of things Grimsby town fans should be arsed about tonight.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
Tinymariner
March 30, 2018, 8:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
It’s a about time Burnsy came back to the south bank. I like his no nonsense style and direct questions. Good responses from MJ too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
MuddyWaters
March 30, 2018, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 232
I’m sure Burnsy would ask Fenty the questions we would all like the answer to. Whether or not Fenty would be up for it is another matter.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just listened to jollys interview with David burns

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.