Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley Appointed!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Jolley Appointed!!!

This thread currently has 20,463 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Skrill
March 2, 2018, 9:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Our new manager destroyed the one and only Malmo! For a league two appointment, it must be pretty decent!

Tweet 316134373063806976 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 114
TheCodfather1966
March 2, 2018, 9:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Really hope this appointment works, but cannot quite understand all of the hype.  His record in Sweden  W4 D4 L10, and yet another non-playing manager, not the stuff of dreams but lets hope he can get our shower of shite moving in the right direction.  Personally I still believe we will be relying on other teams being worse than we are.  This is not a reflection of Jolleys potential, more a realisation of the squad he is inheriting.....  At least if he does screw up, he has the financial nous to invest his pay-off wisely.  Fingers crossed he has the magical formula......

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 114
Heisenberg
March 2, 2018, 9:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Really hope this appointment works, but cannot quite understand all of the hype.  His record in Sweden  W4 D4 L10, and yet another non-playing manager, not the stuff of dreams but lets hope he can get our shower of shite moving in the right direction.  Personally I still believe we will be relying on other teams being worse than we are.  This is not a reflection of Jolleys potential, more a realisation of the squad he is inheriting.....  At least if he does screw up, he has the financial nous to invest his pay-off wisely.  Fingers crossed he has the magical formula......

UTM

Right now, NOBODY is worse than us. I think Barnet have got 7 points from the last available 12; that’s playoff form. Chesterfield have won a couple recently. Crewe and Morecambe, who are supposed to be garbage, both got great wins last weekend. And FGR will be well safe very soon. That points gap means nothing. We are in dire need of a win. If we can’t save ourselves, nobody will do it for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 114
TheCodfather1966
March 2, 2018, 10:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Barnet 4 points from the last 12..........  not really play off form..............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 114
Cambs Mariner
March 2, 2018, 10:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
If we are going to stay in this league then our new managers main priority is to make sure we beat Port Vale, Chesterfield and Barnet. Win those games and we are safe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 114
Cloudy
March 2, 2018, 10:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Grim74

Just to finish does anyone else want to come forward NOW and join Ipswin and Sydney being critical of this appointment? Because here we are again with the majority agreeing with the boards decision before hindsight! so if this one goes mammaries up let's not  all not jump on the it's all Fenty's fault for a excrement appointment bandwagon eh!

I doubt any of the fans have met Jolley let alone conducted an interview and due diligence into his background and ethos?  

The board have had that benefit together with, I assume, interviewing other candidates. They make the decision and have to take responsibility for their decision.

Fans will ultimately decide in due course whether the board got it right or wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 114
Bristol Mariner
March 2, 2018, 10:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Ipswin

I did not want this man, he would not have been my choice. I do not understand the support for him that has surfaced on here. What it is about him to get so many excited I do not know, he does not have the experience we need to get out of the rut we are in and turn things around into a side actually challenging rather than just mid table / survival (if we survive this season that is)

The good things are I suppose that Fenty can blame the fans (surely the stupid twit wasn't swayed by the Jolley brigade on here) and Jolley himself can blame Slade and thus get a stay of execution if we fail to stay up and presumably if he loses the next two the argument will be that Wilko would not have done any better and what do we expect as he's only just arrived

I hope to be proved wrong, I can hear all the 'give him a chance' brigade but we don't have time for that, we need instant results and a totally new man fresh from relegation in Sweden who talks a good video and who does not know the players is going to struggle.

DCIK - can I say that on The Fishy?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 114
RoboCod
March 2, 2018, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Whilst searching for his football credentials it seems there is some pretty grim non-football stuff about his time in Jock land.....  

Catch up will you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 114
TheCodfather1966
March 2, 2018, 10:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Fair point, good luck to the lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 114
TAGG
March 2, 2018, 10:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Tough tough job.
If he can turn this lot around for the games that are left then he will go down in history.
Good luck welcome to Blundell Park.
New beginning so let all get behind him and the boys UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley Appointed!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.