Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley Appointed!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Jolley Appointed!!!

This thread currently has 20,537 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
March 2, 2018, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from GrimRob

Watch the video Swin then you might get Jolleymania too

Clearly a clever bloke with a half decent coaching education. Well if he can’t do the football bit maybe he can just sort out the finances instead.

Considering where we are at the moment he looks like the best option IMHO.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 114
Les Brechin
March 2, 2018, 9:09pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Ipswin

Grimsby lad, 500 professional appearances, (450 of them in the FL) and very similar coaching experience, (Scunts Barnsley, Birmingham etc)

Not necessarily my ideal choice but my preferred one of the two

Harsley's a Scunt!

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 114
moosey_club
March 2, 2018, 9:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Well....having seen plenty of new appointments in my time i will reserve judgement on this one until the season has finished.

Wish him all the best because God knows we need it.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 114
Mighty_Mariner
March 2, 2018, 9:16pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10

Quoted from Teesknees
I'm mentally erect with excitement!

I'm physically.....

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 114
HertsGTFC
March 2, 2018, 9:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from forza ivano
Ipswin does have a point.it is a risk, jolly is a completely unknown quantity with no relevant experience. So let's not think that he's going to turn us around immediately and we will be back in the championship in a few years.. He's going to need a bit of time to gets things organised in his way.the most we can hope for IMHO is to scrape enough points to keep us safe and hopefully show us 1 or 2 signs as to what we might expect in the next couple of seasons

Agree but they are all a risk TBH.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 114
Marinerz93
March 2, 2018, 9:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Yes Jolly on the face of it was very popular amongst Town fans, however this is a board appointment and they have made a statement that they have carried out a full and proper diligence on Jolly so they must be commended for doing that. Time will tell if he staves off relegation some would have gone for a more experienced head hopefully he will have enough about him to do something good with us.

After he has had the players for a couple of weeks I am looking forward to how he sets up and how he gets us going.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 114
Grim74
March 2, 2018, 9:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Well it's seems the vast majority are pleased with this appointment including myself, I really hope he's the man and will be there for the Vale game now to give my full support. But let's not expect to much to soon this is still the shower of excrement team that couldn't care less if we get relegated (which is very likely) he's got his work cut out for sure and I for one won't condemn him if we go down.  

Just to finish does anyone else want to come forward NOW and join Ipswin and Sydney being critical of this appointment? Because here we are again with the majority agreeing with the boards decision before hindsight! so if this one goes mammaries up let's not  all not jump on the it's all Fenty's fault for a excrement appointment bandwagon eh!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 114
Abdul19
March 2, 2018, 9:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
They've actually listened!!!

When we get promoted to league 1 in 14 months time I look forward to Mr Marley telling onlookers that "we didn't listen to the fans, he was always our first choice anyway"

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 114
RonMariner
March 2, 2018, 9:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
Great news.  Even if he doesn't mage to keep us up, which let's face it wont be his fault, I have confidence he could build a team to bring us straight back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 114
Marinerz93
March 2, 2018, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Abdul19

When we get promoted to league 1 in 14 months time I look forward to Mr Marley telling onlookers that "we didn't listen to the fans, he was always our first choice anyway"

They got him before the fans showed an interest you mean  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley Appointed!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.