rancido
February 3, 2018, 1:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,652
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Bigdog

"The money invested wouldn't be a barrier" needs more transparency and a clear definition of exactly what the statement means..

Written off? The book price shouldn't put off a serious investor? Instalments? Compromise amount?

It's very vague and at the minute the fact that the club is up for sale has been given the marketing impact of a whimper beyond NE Lincs..

A crude example of a possible scenario..

Let's say JF would like the £2m back in instalments of £100k a year, that's the loss of a star striker for 20 seasons. Not only have the fans being punished with non league for six years and the club have lost out in £3m in income in that time, the same fans could be punished for another 20 years due to JF's past decisions in the boardroom.

Now I wouldn't like that hanging over the club's head for another 20 years and I'm sure JF wouldn't want that frustration too if he returned to the terraces as a fan. I'm pretty sure he won't hold the club or potential investor to ransom at this stage either. So, for the sake of transparency and goodwill, would it be better to suggest a ballpark asking price and structure? Maybe then JF could get a few brownie points if it shows he's being benevolent for the sake of the club's future..

Now I don't know the ins and outs of the " benign " loan or whether it was one lump sum or several smaller loans. Surely though this money was to keep the club going and without it there was the possibility of the club folding or have I missed something ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 72
Quagmire
February 3, 2018, 1:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from rancido

Now I don't know the ins and outs of the " benign " loan or whether it was one lump sum or several smaller loans. Surely though this money was to keep the club going and without it there was the possibility of the club folding or have I missed something ?

The money that has been loaned to the club by Fenty has been used to plug the gap which has been caused by his complete mismanagement of the club.

It has been caused by a succession of poor managerial appointments that needed paying off as well as a number of player contracts being paid off, alongside a significant drop in income for the club when dropping from League One to League Two, and then into the Conference, followed by six years in the abyss.

It's akin to me taking over a business, making deadful decisions which cost the company millions of pounds, loaning the company the money to cover this, and then expecting the next person who takes the company on to foot the bill that has been caused by my mismanagement.

There's no way in a million years that if Fenty was sat on the outside and wanting to take the club on he would be willing to pay those loans off when he took the club on - which is why nobody else seems to be forthcoming in wanting to take it on, they shouldn't have to, in effect, pay off the mismanagement of another individual.

If I had the money would I be happy to do that?  Absolutely not.  I was not involved in any of the decisions that have cost the club this money so why should I be expected to foot the bill?

Ultimately, it's the main driver behind pushing so hard for PP.  He knows that nobody will be willing to pay those loans off so is hanging everything on PP being granted.  Additional revenue generated by a new stadium will be used to pay those loans off, and ultimately this additional revenue will go towards debt rather than helping the team out / playing budget.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 72
HertsGTFC
February 3, 2018, 1:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
How about protest before and after the match, but not during the 90 mins.

How about on the 14th minute everyone stands and sings 'Grimsby till I die'

Protesting during the match is going to achieve nothing, and will only distract the players if anything...

This🔝

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 72
HertsGTFC
February 3, 2018, 1:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
In the board statement it said “the existing directors loans and shareholding would not be a barrier to any interested parities subject to the usual due diligence taking place”.

So where they saying they don’t want their money back or at least just yet?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 72
grimsby pete
February 3, 2018, 1:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Silly question,

BUT

What happens if we score our 3rd goal on the 14th minute ?

Like I said silly question  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 72
Quagmire
February 3, 2018, 1:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from HertsGTFC
In the board statement it said “the existing directors loans and shareholding would not be a barrier to any interested parities subject to the usual due diligence taking place”.

So where they saying they don’t want their money back or at least just yet?

I think that it what other people are asking - it’s quite ambiguous, they really need to clarify what that means.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 72
promotion plaice
February 3, 2018, 2:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 200

Just seen the protest and possibly as many as a couple of hundred very vocal fans chanting in unison  😂

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 72
Stadium
February 3, 2018, 2:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from promotion plaice

Just seen the protest and possibly as many as a couple of hundred very vocal fans chanting in unison  😂

Embarrassing.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 72
Grim74
February 3, 2018, 2:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
The majority have spoken 😂

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 72
somersetmariner
February 3, 2018, 3:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Listening to John Tondeur on the Radio - "and the fans are protesting on the 14th minute, supposedly against the 14 years of Fenty's stewardship and they've lifted a banner, but sadly the banner is upside down and it rather loses the effect......"

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peaceful Demonstration for Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.