8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
February 2, 2018, 7:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I think the main objective should be a protest but it should be firstly aimed at slade and letting the board know we want him out now.

Then look at the bigger picture .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 72
Cloudy
February 2, 2018, 7:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I think the main objective should be a protest but it should be firstly aimed at slade and letting the board know we want him out now.

Then look at the bigger picture .

Maybe this  demonstrates the problem. People wont know what they are protesting about?
Slade? Fenty? Pies?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 72
Jarmo.Is.God
February 2, 2018, 7:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
How about protest before and after the match, but not during the 90 mins.

How about on the 14th minute everyone stands and sings 'Grimsby till I die'

Protesting during the match is going to achieve nothing, and will only distract the players if anything...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 72
pen penfras
February 2, 2018, 7:50am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
What is the aim of the protest? Fenty out and sack the board? They already said they want that and they also suggested that the money invested in the club wouldn't be a barrier to somebody else taking control.

I understand there's a huge amount of discontent with the way things are right now, but this negativity isn't going to help anything. The board aren't going to just quit without an alternative in place, and there is no alternative right now. I think time would be better spent trying to find this alternative rather than protesting about something that all parties seem to be aligned on.

Maybe try talking to local business men and your bosses to try and build a consortium of wealthy individuals willing to take over back the club financially if needed. There certainly doesn't seem to be a white knight willing to come and take over single handedly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 72
Meza
February 2, 2018, 7:54am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
If they really want out then surely the most logical thing to do is announce it via media that the club is up for sale......this will then make it clear to your every day businessman etc.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 72
February 2, 2018, 8:06am
Guest User
Quoted from Cloudy

So you want a group of unknown Americans ( who may or may not actually exist) to run our club?

Why are they interested, what return on their 'investment' are they looking for?

So basically unless you’re  a local business man or someone with connections to the town then you would be against a takeover. If you are then be prepared for non league football.

Why do other owners in the football league invest in clubs? We don’t have a voice now so how would it make a difference if some Americans took over or another business ? Are we stuck with John Fenty till Peaks Parkway which could potentially lead us into more debt and a higher likely hold off him not leaving.  
Reply: 15 - 72
Bigdog
February 2, 2018, 8:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras
What is the aim of the protest? Fenty out and sack the board? They already said they want that and they also suggested that the money invested in the club wouldn't be a barrier to somebody else taking control.

I understand there's a huge amount of discontent with the way things are right now, but this negativity isn't going to help anything. The board aren't going to just quit without an alternative in place, and there is no alternative right now. I think time would be better spent trying to find this alternative rather than protesting about something that all parties seem to be aligned on.

Maybe try talking to local business men and your bosses to try and build a consortium of wealthy individuals willing to take over back the club financially if needed. There certainly doesn't seem to be a white knight willing to come and take over single handedly.

"The money invested wouldn't be a barrier" needs more transparency and a clear definition of exactly what the statement means..

Written off? The book price shouldn't put off a serious investor? Instalments? Compromise amount?

It's very vague and at the minute the fact that the club is up for sale has been given the marketing impact of a whimper beyond NE Lincs..

A crude example of a possible scenario..

Let's say JF would like the £2m back in instalments of £100k a year, that's the loss of a star striker for 20 seasons. Not only have the fans being punished with non league for six years and the club have lost out in £3m in income in that time, the same fans could be punished for another 20 years due to JF's past decisions in the boardroom.

Now I wouldn't like that hanging over the club's head for another 20 years and I'm sure JF wouldn't want that frustration too if he returned to the terraces as a fan. I'm pretty sure he won't hold the club or potential investor to ransom at this stage either. So, for the sake of transparency and goodwill, would it be better to suggest a ballpark asking price and structure? Maybe then JF could get a few brownie points if it shows he's being benevolent for the sake of the club's future..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 72
Bigdog
February 2, 2018, 8:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

Totally agree with this..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 72
Croxton
February 2, 2018, 9:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
No way of controlling this if there is a large turnout. Policing has been virtually non existent this season and McDonalds will now be requesting a presence. Very easy for the board to spin this their way.
Would suggest a symbolic march from outside the Imp to Pontoon turnstiles handing out details of other meetings and forms of protest. Peaceful, targeted actions more likely to gather momentum and positive press and community support.
With all these new ,younger and local lads getting nearer the team we should leave all other protests till after the game. Cheltenham will have seen the Yeovil debacle and have a plan to turn the ref against our players. At 3.00 pm. THEY are the enemy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 72
TheRealJohnLewis
February 2, 2018, 9:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from pen penfras

Why does it have to one or the other can't they protest and finding an alternative.  The time is not really wasted as instead of protesting they would be in a pub getting ready for a match or inside the ground getting ready for kick off.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peaceful Demonstration for Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.