Balthazar Bullitt
February 2, 2018, 9:38am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from 1739

So basically unless you’re  a local business man or someone with connections to the town then you would be against a takeover. If you are then be prepared for non league football.

Why do other owners in the football league invest in clubs? We don’t have a voice now so how would it make a difference if some Americans took over or another business ? Are we stuck with John Fenty till Peaks Parkway which could potentially lead us into more debt and a higher likely hold off him not leaving.  

Having to choose between the current regime and a bunch of venture capitalists would be akin to to choosing whether I want my my left or right testicle crushed in a vice.
Agree it doesn't need to be someone local though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 72
ginnywings
February 2, 2018, 10:09am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Good luck with a demo in the Findus car park. I get there about 2.40 and have to negotiate my way through all the expensive parked cars. Careful you don't scratch any of them. In the good old days when there was a protest, there weren't so many big expensive cars about and the car park was the venue of choice. Difference then though was there was usually someone else to step into the breach. Bill Carr was forced out in a disgraceful manner in my opinion, but hey ho!

As for the demo itself, i can't see what it will achieve. I'm not against demo's, I've been on a few myself away from football, but you need a clear objective. The board know we are not happy and have had two meetings on the matter. They have backed the management and only continued poor results will change that. They have said they are willing to step aside if someone can come up with a credible plan.

I can see this scenario, with fans chanting:-

"We want Fenty out, say we want Fenty out" John appears and says "ok then, I'll go now, who's taking over?"

I'm all for regime change and it's clear that JF is too, so we need to find out if there is the will out there to effect it in some way. As a fan i am willing to chuck some money into the pot. I also have some spare time i am willing to spend helping out in any way i can, but unless they need some doors hanging, or some other kind of joinery work, i don't have the requisite financial or business skills needed. Until and unless someone or some group comes along with a plan of action, just getting rid of everybody and worrying about the consequences later is not a plan i would back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 72
headingly_mariner
February 2, 2018, 11:06am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
The board haven't had any vocal pressure inside the ground, they've had it a little light. While the disatisfaction is aimed at them it will hopefully be deflected from the players. The players are the ones who can keep us up now and the problems at the club aren't their fault.

Drop the debt and go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 72
GTFC_85
February 2, 2018, 12:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 3
Who will take over? All well and good ousting the board but there's no-one?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 72
Garth
February 2, 2018, 4:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from headingly_mariner
The board haven't had any vocal pressure inside the ground, they've had it a little light. While the disatisfaction is aimed at them it will hopefully be deflected from the players. The players are the ones who can keep us up now and the problems at the club aren't their fault.

Drop the debt and go.

Too simple I`m afraid, or no chance is more likely,. any other wise ideas?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 72
Cod Cheeks
February 2, 2018, 4:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
What do we want? Slade out!
When do we want it? Now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 72
The Grim Reaper
February 2, 2018, 4:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Protest after the game FFS. We need to get right behind the players right now

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 72
OneLove
February 2, 2018, 9:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
People are to scared of change, if Fenty goes then what?  I believe the club will pull together more, theres enough wise heads who follow town who speak highly and have pretty good business and footballing knowledge and maybe just maybe there is someone pondering for this move to happen. We must move forward for the future of GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 72
ginnywings
February 2, 2018, 9:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Wimbledon started again from scratch in 2002. They have made up 9 divisions on us since and are getting a new ground built. Just read that on Codalmighty and thought what a great time they must have had doing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 72
MuddyWaters
February 2, 2018, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings
Wimbledon started again from scratch in 2002. They have made up 9 divisions on us since and are getting a new ground built. Just read that on Codalmighty and thought what a great time they must have had doing it.

You going to protest then Ginny?

Learning tonight that Jon Wood didn't get chance to state his case before the decision was made at the board meeting has certainly sharpened my thought process.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peaceful Demonstration for Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.