This thread currently has 10,368 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
February 3, 2018, 9:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Just read in the GY telegraph the quotes from some of the people involved in the leading of the march
Baz Whittleton a hugely passionate Town fan who travels everywhere watching the Mariners, Kenny Meech the lad taken to court over the shark attack at Barnet ( don't know if he is a regular but I haven't seen him at many games)
and Andy Carr the guy who stopped going once he was no longer paid to attend

There is huge passion for change but there seems no plan in getting something together to take the place of the current regime. OneLove says that's not the protestors job BUT IMO it has to be someone's job!
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 72
totalidiot
February 3, 2018, 10:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +341
Quoted from Cloudy
Just read in the GY telegraph the quotes from some of the people involved in the leading of the march
Baz Whittleton a hugely passionate Town fan who travels everywhere watching the Mariners, Kenny Meech the lad taken to court over the shark attack at Barnet ( don't know if he is a regular but I haven't seen him at many games)

There is huge passion for change but there seems no plan in getting something together to take the place of the current regime. OneLove says that's not the protestors job BUT IMO it has to be someone's job!

Kenny meech is at every home game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 72
dapperz fun pub
February 3, 2018, 11:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Cloudy

Ken meech is a regular
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 72
MarinersOnTheUp
February 3, 2018, 12:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Songs for today...
🎶 We want our club back, we want our club back 🎶
🎶 He's killing our club, John Fenty, he's killing our club 🎶
🎶 Fenty Out 🎶

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 72
Marinerz93
February 3, 2018, 12:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Just buy all the empty seats around where Fenty sits and keep asking him, would a real fan let the club rot like this.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 72
Ipswin
February 3, 2018, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
Songs for today...
🎶 We want our club back, we want our club back 🎶
🎶 He's killing our club, John Fenty, he's killing our club 🎶
🎶 Fenty Out 🎶

I'd rather the main thrust of any demonstration was aimed at Slade. It's going to take longer to get Fenty out but Slade could be sacked (or resign if he has any decency at all) tomorrow

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 72
MuddyWaters
February 3, 2018, 12:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

I'd rather the main thrust of any demonstration was aimed at Slade. It's going to take longer to get Fenty out but Slade could be sacked (or resign if he has any decency at all) tomorrow

I'd rather there wasn't a demonstration on reflection. The board & the manager are fully aware of the situation and any real fan should realise that we need to back the players, first & foremost. If we lose again, by all means protest after the final whistle.

In terms of what next, I think the club needs a Chairman as a focus to take the heat away from the major shareholder. Is there anyone on the board who could take the Chair? Probably not as they are all too closely associated with JF.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 72
grimsby pete
February 3, 2018, 12:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I am no friend of Fenty as most of you know,

BUT

I would not want him driven out of the club and leave us rudderless,

I hope he stays and reports back to us on a regular basis on how he and the board are trying to get more investment in,

Plus treat the fans as a valuable assert until he leaves the club and stop treating us with contempt,

Finally be honest on how long Slades contract is so we know how much it will cost to sack him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 72
KingstonMariner
February 3, 2018, 12:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Vance Warner

For me the point at which Wimbledon overtook us was the point at which Fenty lost the ability to play the "Iook where you'd be without me" card. That was 2011.

Which was the same year they left us behind in the Conference. No coincidence.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 72
Ipswin
February 3, 2018, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
I am no friend of Fenty as most of you know,

BUT

I would not want him driven out of the club and leave us rudderless,

I hope he stays and reports back to us on a regular basis on how he and the board are trying to get more investment in,

Plus treat the fans as a valuable assert until he leaves the club and stop treating us with contempt,

Finally be honest on how long Slades contract is so we know how much it will cost to sack him.

With you on that one Pete - keep your enemies close and all that.

Like it or not we need Fenty at the helm (more likely telling some other fornicator where to steer but you know what I mean)

I can't stand the bloke, I wouldn't urine on him if he was on fire but Grimsby town FC comes first and in the short term he's going nowhere in a hurry and like it or not we need the bloke

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peaceful Demonstration for Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.