February 2, 2018, 9:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You going to protest then Ginny?

Learning tonight that Jon Wood didn't get chance to state his case before the decision was made at the board meeting has certainly sharpened my thought process.

I'm by heart a moderate, but this week has really gone to new levels for me. When i see Slades smug face. When i see that massively imbalanced squad of players who have no vested interest in us long term. When i see loanees coming in and pushing contracted player out. When i see the clubs best player sold to the Shrews despite our predicament and think back to Amond being allowed to leave for Hartlepool. Osbourne being let go, Clements too and Asante training with the youth team, not to mention all the other myriad fook ups that just keep coming and coming. Stevenage, the treatment of Kristine, the fiasco of the fans forum and the treatment of Matt Dean.  The Chuckaway Trophy. Then i think that all of this is just the recent stuff and i think those four fookers ( excluding Jon Wood, literally) are responsible for all that, i think it's time to stop being a moderate and it's time we have to do something. I will be around at that time anyway, so i think i will be joining in.

Starting again from scratch like Wimbledon would be far more enjoyable than what we have now. We the fans are the club. It doesn't exist without us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 72
heppy88
February 2, 2018, 10:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
I thought the protests would have had more support here on the Fishy.

It’s pretty clear what the aim of the protests is: Regime change.

It’s not the role of the protestors to have an alternative ready to put into place. It’s the job of the protestors to keep sustained pressure on the culprits to instigate the necessary change and allow the circumstances to arise for change to take place.

It’s one thing writing on here what everyone believes needs to be done. But the time is right to get off our arses and physically and verbally demonstrate our anger towards the current regime.

All Town fans seem united in their dislike of the current situation. The momentum has been growing for long enough on social media. Now it’s time for the next stage. Protests!! UTMM!!

PS and if that includes in the ground so be it. Whatever it takes for the voices of the fans to be heard. Its time some folk grew some balls and stopped being so bloody apathetic. Its time to fight for what we beleive in, for what we love!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 72
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2018, 10:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from heppy88

It’s not the role of the protestors to have an alternative ready to put into place. It’s the job of the protestors to keep sustained pressure on the culprits to instigate the necessary change and allow the circumstances to arise for change to take place.

It’s one thing writing on here what everyone believes needs to be done. But the time is right to get off our arses and physically and verbally demonstrate our anger towards the current regime.

All Town fans seem united in their dislike of the current situation. The momentum has been growing for long enough on social media. Now it’s time for the next stage. Protests!! UTMM!!

PS and if that includes in the ground so be it. Whatever it takes for the voices of the fans to be heard. Its time some folk grew some balls and stopped being so bloody apathetic. Its time to fight for what we beleive in, for what we love!!!

I hope to God we've got more of a clue as to what to do next than the Yanks did in Iraq.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 72
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2018, 10:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from heppy88

I hope to God we've got more of a clue as to what to do next than the Yanks did in Iraq.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 72
MuddyWaters
February 2, 2018, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The planning can start when we get our club back.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 72
Marinerz93
February 2, 2018, 11:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
From the clubs statement of potential investors how much is it going to cost? you want to attract businessmen put up a figure people can look at, it's too vague for any businessman to sniff at, and that is intentional, the board want to keep it as it is, more than likely want more than the club is worth and that's down to the benign debt, would you buy an expensive car knowing the previous owner had a car loan logbook on it.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 72
arryarryarry
February 2, 2018, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

Having to choose between the current regime and a bunch of venture capitalists would be akin to to choosing whether I want my my left or right testicle crushed in a vice.
Agree it doesn't need to be someone local though.

What? to crush your testicle.

Whatever takes your fancy.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 72
Marinerz93
February 2, 2018, 11:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The demo will be seen from the Ivory tower as Fenty is holding his arms out wide in the boardroom, saying why don't the fans love me, if it wasn't for yours truly, Marley interrupts Fentys speech with 'Shut up' sorry John there is no bog roll in the toilet as some twit has rolled it into one of the shitters and it wasn't me, you better believe me or you are calling me a liar, you calling me a liar John. Day walks in and John says where have you been, Day says I've been for a drink with Matt Dean, remember I said I'd catch you later after I've had a pint or two with Matt. John says I don't remember that and ruffles his turtle neck sweater as he looks at the great unwashed voicing their discontent.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 72
chaos33
February 2, 2018, 11:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm by heart a moderate, but this week has really gone to new levels for me. When i see Slades smug face. When i see that massively imbalanced squad of players who have no vested interest in us long term. When i see loanees coming in and pushing contracted player out. When i see the clubs best player sold to the Shrews despite our predicament and think back to Amond being allowed to leave for Hartlepool. Osbourne being let go, Clements too and Asante training with the youth team, not to mention all the other myriad fook ups that just keep coming and coming. Stevenage, the treatment of Kristine, the fiasco of the fans forum and the treatment of Matt Dean.  The Chuckaway Trophy. Then i think that all of this is just the recent stuff and i think those four fookers ( excluding Jon Wood, literally) are responsible for all that, i think it's time to stop being a moderate and it's time we have to do something. I will be around at that time anyway, so i think i will be joining in.

Starting again from scratch like Wimbledon would be far more enjoyable than what we have now. We the fans are the club. It doesn't exist without us.

Great post mate.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 72
LH
February 2, 2018, 11:25pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
I am fully with those protesting tomorrow in terms of why they are doing it and it is pleasing to know people care enough about Town that they’re willing to alter their normal match day plans for it. That said I don’t see what a march from McDonald’s to BP - which is all of 150 yards - at 1430 on a matchday is going to do. This sort of protest needs to inconvenience people to have any real impact. A longer march - maybe from the Town hall or even Abbey Park area would be better for that or a sit in protest in the car park after the game as it would stop people leaving?  I do think though that a vocal protest within the ground (preferably the upper) should happen - maybe not tomorrow but in the near future.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peaceful Demonstration for Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.